The Uuttitan Community Forums
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CodedFantasy

avatar

Posts : 71
UT points : 3317
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 24
Location : (GMT -5) In the forest, playing with Bug Pokemon

PostSubject: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:51 am

I have been saving a bunch of Pokemon Cards since I was about 5 to 10 Years Old.
Now, I have noticed that they been in a protective box in my closet for over the past 6+ Years and
I haven't opened that box often.

Should it be a good idea to sell my Pokemon Cards on Ebay, or wait a few more years for prices to increase?

Give me your reasons!

(Note: They're about 1000 to 2000 Cards inside of that box. So, I'm imagining about a couple of thousand bucks.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/CodedFantasy
remc0

avatar

Posts : 88
UT points : 3115
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:10 am

u will never get thousand bucks with it.

mmh i still have cards but i just keep em for memories xD
Back to top Go down
CodedFantasy

avatar

Posts : 71
UT points : 3317
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 24
Location : (GMT -5) In the forest, playing with Bug Pokemon

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:11 am

remc0 wrote:
u will never get thousand bucks with it.

mmh i still have cards but i just keep em for memories xD

I might keep them as memories, or sell them in last resorts.

Collectables like those aren't easy to find anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/CodedFantasy
beast

avatar

Posts : 392
UT points : 4772
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 21
Location : U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:14 am

The most you could get if you were lucky is 100 buks. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pokelove64

avatar

Posts : 303
UT points : 4603
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : in the Sinnoh Region BEATING JOHTO IN REGION WARS

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:32 am

Depends on the cards. If you have extremely rare cards, sell em. If it's a steel energy card, keep it XP
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1486
UT points : 12085
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 26
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:31 pm

I still have an uncut sheet of all the fossil holo cards, and theres about 10 of each copy on the sheet... its somewhere upstairs...I might go look for it >.>''

Pokemon Cards DROPPED an insane ammount once Yu-Gi-Oh came out, and then Magic tried to make a comeback.

_________________



-Sig and Avi made by me-
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
CodedFantasy

avatar

Posts : 71
UT points : 3317
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 24
Location : (GMT -5) In the forest, playing with Bug Pokemon

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Pk Trainer Kanrik wrote:
I still have an uncut sheet of all the fossil holo cards, and theres about 10 of each copy on the sheet... its somewhere upstairs...I might go look for it >.>''

Pokemon Cards DROPPED an insane ammount once Yu-Gi-Oh came out, and then Magic tried to make a comeback.

Hm.. Maybe after Pokemon goes extinct, I bet the price would go right back up.
I do have some rare normal energy cards... (Like the Recycle Energy Card and the Full Heal Energy Card.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/CodedFantasy
Darkravenn12

avatar

Posts : 433
UT points : 4105
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : underworld

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Wait a few years
A rare charizard from this set (forgot what it was) card right now is worth $450
A lot of them are worth a lot more now
Pokemon is starting to make a comeback
Back to top Go down
CodedFantasy

avatar

Posts : 71
UT points : 3317
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 24
Location : (GMT -5) In the forest, playing with Bug Pokemon

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
Wait a few years
A rare charizard from this set (forgot what it was) card right now is worth $450
A lot of them are worth a lot more now
Pokemon is starting to make a comeback

I might still have that Rare Charizard, from like 7 or 8 years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/CodedFantasy
yatoc

avatar

Posts : 47
UT points : 3222
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:40 pm

this is a little off topic but, was the ancient mew card discontinued? and the charizard your thinking of is one i used to own it's a 1st edition and it's near one of the first cards made, if i'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Pokelove64

avatar

Posts : 303
UT points : 4603
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : in the Sinnoh Region BEATING JOHTO IN REGION WARS

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:44 pm

yatoc wrote:
this is a little off topic but, was the ancient mew card discontinued? and the charizard your thinking of is one i used to own it's a 1st edition and it's near one of the first cards made, if i'm not mistaken.
I have an aincent mew card 0_0
wonder how much thats worth.... Guess it's time to start looking up card values Razz
HOLY SH*T! MY WAILORD EX IS WORTH 100$!!!
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

avatar

Posts : 433
UT points : 4105
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : underworld

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:14 pm

CodedFantasy wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
Wait a few years
A rare charizard from this set (forgot what it was) card right now is worth $450
A lot of them are worth a lot more now
Pokemon is starting to make a comeback

I might still have that Rare Charizard, from like 7 or 8 years ago.
Not from the base set
That's worth like $100
there's a shining charizard from i think it was neo destiny or something
That's worth $450
Back to top Go down
CodedFantasy

avatar

Posts : 71
UT points : 3317
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 24
Location : (GMT -5) In the forest, playing with Bug Pokemon

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
CodedFantasy wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
Wait a few years
A rare charizard from this set (forgot what it was) card right now is worth $450
A lot of them are worth a lot more now
Pokemon is starting to make a comeback

I might still have that Rare Charizard, from like 7 or 8 years ago.
Not from the base set
That's worth like $100
there's a shining charizard from i think it was neo destiny or something
That's worth $450


It was from a Base Set. o__o
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/CodedFantasy
Pokelove64

avatar

Posts : 303
UT points : 4603
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : in the Sinnoh Region BEATING JOHTO IN REGION WARS

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Moved to Pokemon TCG Wink
Back to top Go down
beast

avatar

Posts : 392
UT points : 4772
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 21
Location : U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:37 pm

Pokelove64 wrote:
Moved to Pokemon TCG Wink
Good also I have an ancient mew too!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
D_A



Posts : 5
UT points : 3001
Join date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:54 pm

If you want to wait awhile I suggest getting card protectors to keep the condition of the card's nice. It raises the value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?   

Back to top Go down
 
Should I sell my Pokemon Cards or wait for a few more years?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Please help my son - Pokemon cards needed!
» Buy Low, Sell High & TOTW Trading Method
» Is there still a store where you can walk in and buy chaotic cards?
» Why are Chaotic Cards So Expensive?
» Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Card Games :: Pokemon TCG-
Jump to: