Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you do when you found your first shiny?

Go down 
+59
Schizzovism
Mithos-kun
Shad0w
SloSerge
Doctor Dern
AntAnorith7777
smellmyskunk2
AnjuTehDarkBunny
s16jstae
cdplayar
InaudibleEight
Duskboi
Sweetness
infernape_blaziken_555
awesomnator
3xplosiv0
Gir
Evil Oogie
mrcatz
Shnoogle
dragonmxz
RadioactiveRaichu
TheOSC
Sgt.Waffles
SebaSneakers
Skorge12
FreaKaz0id
Fowlman
77pudding
Mrdragon206
NotaP3nI$
ScizzorTrainer
silver seth
EliOceans
qerw22
Daiko
CaseyR
Stickguy41
Waggs
saxman1324
zergling4pres
leafshadow
Old Gir
GlitchOverlord
Gastrotress
Linkokemon
Natalie
xBunnieRabbot
XK9GamerX
mike182a.c.
duderplease
beast
UNR3AL12
Darkravenn12
The Average Battler
Enigma2Me
derock542
Mweb12
espeon
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sgt.Waffles

Sgt.Waffles

UT points : 5189

What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:45 pm

mrcatz wrote:
Sgt.Waffles wrote:
But one thing is weird... I have bread at least 4,000+ eggs in my lifetime but not one shiny, yet I have found quite a few random ones... can eggs not be shiny?

actually I think it is a 1/200 chance of a shiny. Also it's masuda method (you only misssed it by one letter ) Razz

I thought 1/200 was only for pokeradar chains of 40.... If thats the case for breeding, Then I'll have to try breeding for shinies more often! (Army of shiny Totodiles Here I come!)

P.S. I have tried for a shiny Totodile by breeding, (I had all the requirements for the method) And a couple of boxes later, no shiny. (my lucks pretty bad) So I went on the seribii trades, did a couple of trades, and I finally Ended up with a shiny UT rayquaza, so I traded that for my Shiny Totodile that had D-Dance. ( I'll probably do the UU Gyrados Build but I don't know yet)
To Basically sum it all up, I <3 online trades
Back to top Go down
Evil Oogie

Evil Oogie

UT points : 5295

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:12 pm

My first other than the red Gyarados was a shiny nincada, I was breeding one because one of my friends only needed them (being Nincada and his evolutionary line) to complete his pokedex up to 492, Arceus hadn't been "announced" at this point, and the first egg I grabbed from the old man happened to be shiny... lucky me ^_^

My second was more or less the same thing, I was breeding Rampardos and I happen to hatch a red Cranidos, too bad natue and IVs sucked to high heavens.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6249

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:49 pm

The lame version or the awesome version?

The awesome: On my Silver, while walking on the forest with the Farfetch`d mini puzzle, a shiny gloom appeared and I was able to catch it on my third pokeball, then, later in the same file, while on my way back from capturing my shiny Gyarados, boom! shiny Noctowl.

The lame: On my emerald i found a shiny electrike..and accidentally critted it, then, found a wild Aron(shiny) and it roared me D:
Back to top Go down
3xplosiv0

3xplosiv0

UT points : 5167

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:19 pm

The first shiny that I remember seeing was a duskull on the top of that spirit mountain (the name escapes me...) in Ruby. I freaked out and all I had in my party that was able to hurt it enough to catch it was a level 30ish sharpedo. I used a waterfall and it took about 1/3 damage, so I figured I would do it again. To my luck, I got a critical hit and the duskull fainted. I wanted to cry. I was 9 years old.
Back to top Go down
awesomnator

awesomnator

UT points : 5420

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:48 pm

My first shiny was a shiny Golbat in Sapphire,my first Pokemon game, and i had no idea what it was but i did catch it anyway. However, i deleted that file and started over because i didn't catch Kyogre.

While doing the Unown Quest in Diamond I ran into a shiny unown N and I've also ran into a shiny Pachirisu on Diamond as well.
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5750

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:08 pm

still havn't encouterd one Sad
Back to top Go down
infernape_blaziken_555

infernape_blaziken_555

UT points : 5221

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:23 pm

i trained mine 2 evolve, it wuz a Charmander
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elpicapiedra828
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5729

PostSubject: Re:What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:12 pm

omg Seba that is so funny xD
I feel sorry for you, don't worry you will find one Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Sweetness

Sweetness

UT points : 5317

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:52 pm

My first shiny was a Shiny Zigzagoon in Pokemon Ruby. I was afraid to evolve it because I thought it would remove the shiny form. It was left to rot in the PC box.

My second one, I believe, was a Shiny Pidgeotto in FireRed while I was exploring the Berry Forest. I was still paranoid about the whole evolving thing so I saved it. When I finally evolved it, it turned out that I was wrong and I finished playing the game with a Shiny Pidgeot.

Then I had caught three Shiny Pokemon in Sapphire...or Emerald. They were a Wurmple, Wingull, and Latias. Yes, Latias was Shiny too. It had a crap nature (Adamant) with bad IVs to boot, so I traded it.

Now I have a Shiny Staraptor. It kicks @$$.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sweetbitterdarkness
Duskboi

Duskboi

UT points : 5179

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:46 am

I caught a shiny oddish... It was a shame it was on a [censored (illegal)]
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 am

Duskboi wrote:
[censored (illegal)]
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 am

Duskboi wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
[censored (illegal)]
Why does it keep coming up a Censored/Illegal
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5974

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:33 pm

Duskboi wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
[censored (illegal)]
Idk...try typing it with spaces between each letter. L i k e t h i s.
Back to top Go down
InaudibleEight

InaudibleEight

UT points : 5175

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:41 am

my first shiny was kricketune in diamond
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7919

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:47 am

Shiny Spearow On The Battle Island,
Or Whatever It's Called
Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8664
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:50 am

CaseyR wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
[censored (illegal)]
Idk...try typing it with spaces between each letter. L i k e t h i s.

That would get the post deleted/ edited
Back to top Go down
s16jstae

s16jstae

UT points : 5153

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:35 am

I cant remember my first shiny at the moment but I got a shiny golbat on fire red and I told my parents although they dont care and then I found out it was no use for my team.
Back to top Go down
AnjuTehDarkBunny

AnjuTehDarkBunny

UT points : 5228

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:02 pm

I never knew about shiny pokemon until i was playing FireRed and found a shiny venonat, theni started seeing a ton, i got a shiny zubat, machop, marill, and a buneary
Back to top Go down
smellmyskunk2

smellmyskunk2

UT points : 5106

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:05 pm

I once found a shiney Abra and thought it was a ghost at first Embarassed i started a new game thinking it was nothing speacial and then i found out Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
AntAnorith7777

AntAnorith7777

UT points : 5125

PostSubject: ...   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Linkokemon wrote:
My first shiny was a Medicham in pokemon platimun and I was on the bus so I was yelling and screaming until I was yelled at.

Ha that is kinda funny because my best friend found his first shiny in platinum and it was a medichan too!
Back to top Go down
Doctor Dern

Doctor Dern

UT points : 5138

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:43 pm

I caught my first shiny in Eterna Forrest in my Diamond game. It was a wurmple. A friggin' WURMPLE. Like wtf? I decided to evolve it into a dustox. It's kinda lame.
Back to top Go down
SloSerge

SloSerge

UT points : 5355

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:55 pm

...Still waiting to see a shiny...I played yellow 2 times, gold 3 times, ruby and saphire each once, emerald once, fire red once, diamond once and Platinum once...Nothing
Back to top Go down
SloSerge

SloSerge

UT points : 5355

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:59 pm

AntAnorith7777 wrote:
Linkokemon wrote:
My first shiny was a Medicham in pokemon platimun and I was on the bus so I was yelling and screaming until I was yelled at.

Ha that is kinda funny because my best friend found his first shiny in platinum and it was a medichan too!

All we need now is for Linkokemon to say: John is that you?
Back to top Go down
Shad0w

Shad0w

UT points : 5100

PostSubject: my first shiny   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:04 pm

my first shiny was a pink spheal in emerald. Just before my encounter I had just caught a regular spheal. I thought it was a female sprite difference or something so I caught it. The next day I told my freinds about it they flipped out and started screaming at me: OMG U GOT A SHINY PKMN
Back to top Go down
Mithos-kun

Mithos-kun

UT points : 5644

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:08 pm

...Okay I swear I posted D<
My VERY FIRST shiny was a Rattata. It was a normal hot Sunday, while we were arguing over who gets to play a game with my brother. Then, dad told us we had to go to QuickTrip. I brought my FireRed with me, in case I got bored. Well, I did. So I pulled out my DS and started playing. I was at the Mansion, trying to find a Ditto. Well I was on the left side by the things that go straight up, on the rug. Then, it happened. I ran into it, and my eyes grew wide. I yelled at my bro, "LOOK LOOK!" He looked, and yelled, "CATCH IT CATCH IT!" and on my first pokeball- I caught it.
Well, I have no idea where the shiny is now...
My second was a tentacool, and I was an idiot. I turned off my game, and looked for another one, thinking my first would be a shiny. I never saw one again.
And that's it.
My brother has a terrible history with shinies.
And BELIEVE MY BROTHER RIGHT HERE. His first shiny was in Sapphire. IT WAS A PINK Sableye.
IT WAS PINK HE TELLS YOU!
PINK. NOT BROWN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do when you found your first shiny?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next