Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it Worth it?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5841

Is it Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Is it Worth it?   Is it Worth it? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 2:37 pm

I recently wanted to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh, but it has been a really long time since I played and I haven't been keeping up with the games new additions. So you guys tell me, is it worth it to go out and start buying cards again?
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14521
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

Is it Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth it?   Is it Worth it? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:11 pm

I didn't think it would be, especially with having to learn about what a Synchro monster was, but after I got into it again, I was hooked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
Phase1-Skeith

Phase1-Skeith

UT points : 5784

Is it Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth it?   Is it Worth it? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Buying real cards: No definetly not.

Seriously, since they introduced the synchro sytem the games balance has been thrown off greatly and since you should ideally have every synchro monster in your Extra Deck since most of them don't require any special monsters but just a certain number of offered stars getting a real top-class deck has become more expencive than ever.

Also they ban and allow a lot of cards randomly like they allowed Monster Reborn again some months ago but banned Call of the Haunted and Premature Burial...

If you feel like playing Yugioh, get Tag Force 4 on PSP (great stuff, seriously).
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

Is it Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth it?   Is it Worth it? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Phase1-Skeith wrote:
Buying real cards: No definetly not.

Seriously, since they introduced the synchro sytem the games balance has been thrown off greatly and since you should ideally have every synchro monster in your Extra Deck since most of them don't require any special monsters but just a certain number of offered stars getting a real top-class deck has become more expencive than ever.

Also they ban and allow a lot of cards randomly like they allowed Monster Reborn again some months ago but banned Call of the Haunted and Premature Burial...

If you feel like playing Yugioh, get Tag Force 4 on PSP (great stuff, seriously).
They only allow one of Monster Reborn, Call of the Haunted, etc. per deck. Seriously, can you see the problem with allowing 3 per deck?

Also, Synchro monsters are alot harder to use than alot of people understand (ignoring that with my plant deck, I can pull out Black Rose Dragon and Queen of Thorns realitively easy)

Bust then you have the ones that demand a certain monsters (such as the Junk monsters, you need Junk Synchron for Junk Warrior and Junk Archer), then theres the Blackwings who need a specific monster and specific tuner (although the Blackwings were made to swarm)
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5841

Is it Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth it?   Is it Worth it? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Well I got the new Spellcasters structure deck and am now trying to build a magic counter deck. I need some synchro monsters though. Such as: Stardust Dragon, Tempest Megician, and the other 2 spell caster synchro monsters.
Back to top Go down
Phase1-Skeith

Phase1-Skeith

Is it Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth it?   Is it Worth it? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:21 pm

My problem is less the fact that they ban cards but that they change their bans back and forth lately (at least they did that when I stopped playing).

There are some synchros that require special Monsters but many don't have any requirements.
You can have pretty much play an Ice Barrier Deck (I hope that's the appropriate english title for these cards) and Syncho summon Red Dragon Archfiend without having anything blocking your deck.

I'm fine with the synchro system itself, I'm using it a lot in the newer Yugioh games and I also know it's not destroying the gameplay but if you play it with real cards, it's simply a ripoff in my opinion just because you pretty much can use these cards in every kind of deck without having a disadvantage but you can summon them whenever you have the chance to and need them.

You couldn't do that with for example fusion monsters because you needed to modify your deck properly to be able to summon these so it's not important to have any fusion monsters in your Extra Deck unless they belong to your deck's strategy.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

Is it Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth it?   Is it Worth it? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Actually, Synchro summoning decks take a lot to be used perfectly.
For example, my plant deck.

There are only two main plant tuners (besides Black Rose Knight), Copy Plant and Nettles. (at least back when I made this deck) The Main idea behind a deck like this is to get Queen of Thorns and Black Rose Dragon out, Queen of Thorns causes you to take 1000 points of damage every time you summon a monster that isn't a plant. Black Rose is there so that if something is going wrong, I can go boom.

Here comes the adaption part. Copy Plant can only copy plant type monsters level, which means to make summoning easier, I have to use a trap card at the same time, Ivy Shackles, but that also cuases another problem. Ivy Shackles makes all of my opponents monsters Plant-type monsters, meaning I have to either destory it after I use it, or not go with Queen of Thorn's ability.

There comes even more need for adaption, because to get a synchro off easier, I need monsters at the ready, meaning I need low level monsters, but I cant really lead off with low level monsters or else I take damage. Thats where other cards come in, but to make combos more efficient, I need to bring in even other cards and remove cards that I have, another example, my Botanical Lion, which works better with Ivy Shackles becuase it gets 300 atk for every plant on the field, but still goes partly against Queen of Thorns.
Back to top Go down
Phase1-Skeith

Phase1-Skeith

Is it Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth it?   Is it Worth it? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:28 am

Yea, I know about the complex turns you can execute with synchros like drawing a hell lot of cards with Tuningware + desync and other stuff.

But that's not what I was going at, I don't complain about the game's system but the fact that the staple cards for every deck increased a lot and most of these Synchro Monsters you will want to have in your are Ultra Rare.

Like in a deck without a single tuner and fusion you will still want to have a set like Stardust, Archfiend, Black Rose, Goyou Guardian and all the other staple synchros because you may somehow swap in a tuner monster played by your enemy (happens a lot whenever I play, though decreased since they rebanned monster reborn for call).

It's just about the fact that this forces you pretty much to have cards with costs about 200+ even though they don't actually belong to the deck you're playing and thanks to steadily changing banlists are forced to remove some of them again and add others.
That's why I'd say play the virtual games instead of wasting a fortune on the real cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth it?   Is it Worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it Worth it?
Page 1 of 1