Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!

Go down 
+7
Gastrotress
Kakrum
Old Gir
Stickguy41
leafshadow
saxman1324
Shnoogle
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7699

The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! Empty
PostSubject: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:36 pm

It may appear that there are no more spots open, but if more people express interest I will add more spots! Sign up guys. now, Now, NOWWW!!! *clears throat*

Yes, this is taken from smogon, but I never entered and i'm sure none of you are evn registered members on smogon, so here it is!

Pk Trainer Kanrik and Greene approved this!

The No STAB Tournament!!!

This is a tournament in which every pokemon is banned from using all of their attacking STAB moves. So, no Salamence's with outrage/ dragon claw/ aerial ace etc... and no Weaviles can use ice shard/ Night slash etc...

However, there is an exception to this rule! All pokemon can use STAB moves that deal indirect damage or no damage at all. So, moves like reflect, calm mind, and light screen can be used by bronzong and alakazam, and leech seed can be used by grass types, and dragon dance can still be used by altaria and dragonite etc... As long as the moves do not deal direct damage, they can be used. If you have any
questions about this, just post 'em here.

So, here are the rules!

*Level 100 single, 6 v. 6
*All pokemon cannot use direct damage STAB moves
*All pokemon can use indirect damage and Status STAB moves
*Post who won after your battle
*These clauses are all in effect for all battles
-Luck item clause... You cannot use these items that rely on luck to accomplish stuff: Brightpowder, Quick claw, Focus band, Scope Lens, Lax incense (tell me if i missed any please)
-Sleep Clause - You cannot put more than one of the opponents pokemon to sleep at any given time. If you do, you lose automatically
-OHKO Clause - The use of all OHKO moves is prohibited... if you use one, you lose automatically
-Evasion Clause - The use of moves that directly increase evasion is prohibited... This is double team and minimize
- Legit Hack Clause - Not so much a clause, but if you use pokesav, make them legit
-Self KO Clause - If two pokemon are left (one from each side) and one pokemon uses either perish song, destiny bond, self-destruct, or explosion causing both pokemon to faint, the winner of the battle is the person who's pokemon DID NOT use explosion. So If my claydol exploded on your heracross and heracross fainted, then I would lose.

Well, that's pretty much it, except, *gasp*! what about the prize!?! Well, isn't playing in a fun little tournament a prize enough Smile
Just kidding here is the prize. A gastly that was breed by Pokelol, not specifically for this tournament but it is modest with 31 IVs in speed and 28 in special attack, so I
EV trained it and leveled it up to level 100 (with a rare candy cheat, yes, but the pokemon itself is legit). So, here is the moveset...

Gengar @ Whatever item the winner requests
Modest Nature... [+Special Attack, -Speed]
252 Sp. attack EVs, 252 Speed EVs, 4 HP EVs
Levitate ability
*Hypnosis
*Shadow Ball
*Focus Blast
*Thunderbolt

There are also second, third, and fourth place prizes!

Second Prize will receive any 3 TMs of their choice, and any 3 Items of their choice
Third prize wll receive any 2 TMs or their choice and any 3 Items of their choice
Fourth Prize will receive any TM of their choice and any Item of their choice

This Tournament will have 8 spots at first, and then will increase spots if this gets more popular
When requesting to enter, give me your FC

*Shnoogle -5370 9717 5352
*Saxman1324 - 0732 3552 8655
*leafshadow - 0044-6791-7787
*Stickguy41 - 0689 1692 8380
*Gir - 0860 9398 5874
*The Average Battler - 3137 6990 0639
*Kakrum - 3524 1642 8355
*Gundom81 - 3566 4342 3759

Replacements - Gastrotress

Last edited by Shnoogle on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:22 am; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6075

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:51 pm

hey shnoogle ill join but who was this approved by? i didnt see it on the post, and it needs to be. anyways FC in the sig
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:52 pm

I PMed PK Tranier Kanrik and he said that these things no longer need to be approved
Check out the rules and it's the crossed out part

All right i'll add you Smile
Back to top Go down
leafshadow

leafshadow

UT points : 6441

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:56 pm

I'm in FC in Sig
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:13 pm

o ok just lookin out for yaz! Smile
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Added

Hey guys, how is this for a prize?
A legit, modest EV trained level 100 Gengar? Courtesy of Pokelol... he traded it to me a level 1 gastly in exchange for a Mantine for giving me a great gym battle, but I guess I could use it.
The reason I don't want to do saved pokemon is because everyone entered here probably already has pokesav in order to make these pokemon just for 1 tournament
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:21 pm

fine by me ^_^
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:32 pm

holy crap i haven't ACTUALLY trained a pokemon in so long!
For everyone interested, this gastly has 28 IVs in special attack and 31 in speed. So it's a great sweeper/ scarf revenge killer
Back to top Go down
Stickguy41

Stickguy41

UT points : 5486

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Added

Hey guys, how is this for a prize?
A legit, modest EV trained level 100 Gengar? Courtesy of Pokelol... he traded it to me a level 1 gastly in exchange for a Mantine for giving me a great gym battle, but I guess I could use it.
The reason I don't want to do saved pokemon is because everyone entered here probably already has pokesav in order to make these pokemon just for 1 tournament

EV Trained Gengar? Sign me up. FC in sig.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:07 pm

yeah lol im training it right now. It has 170 speed EVs
make that 175... and 180 after im done with this all magikarp trainer

yeah im giving it this crap:

Gengar @ Whatever item the winner requests
Modest.. +Sp. Attack, - Attack
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 HP
*Hypnosis
*Shadow Ball
*Thunderbolt
*Focus Blast
Back to top Go down
Old Gir

Old Gir

UT points : 6146

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Sign me up
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:29 pm

yessir Gir you're on once you give me you're FC
Back to top Go down
Old Gir

Old Gir

UT points : 6146

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
yessir Gir you're on once you give me you're FC
-points at sig-

0860-9398-5874
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:31 pm

oh lol I looked at your sig...
I just didn't find it

EDIT: just finishes the gengar. I hope you all don't mind but i used a bunch of hacked rare candies on it. It was the only way to get it done in time
Back to top Go down
Kakrum

Kakrum

UT points : 5264

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:01 am

I'll join if you don't mind that I'm new.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:18 am

Kakrum wrote:
I'll join if you don't mind that I'm new.

Sure everyone is welcome here Smile

I really like your avatar by the way what is it, a porygon with a knife in it?
Back to top Go down
Kakrum

Kakrum

UT points : 5264

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 am

It's a combination of Porygon and Pyramid Head from Silent Hill. I forget where I found it though. Also 2 of the Pokemon I plan on using know Hidden Power is that a problem?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:06 am

If the hidden power type is say, ice and a froslass is using it then yes it's a problem

So, the hidden power type cannot match the users type
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5872

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:23 pm

I'll join, but I can only play on shoddy or PBR
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:25 pm

Gastrotress wrote:

Why no wifi?
Well, idk if you can join then because I don't have either and I'm sure other people don't as well
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:51 pm

i haz PBR and wifi, but maybe putting ppl who dont have one or the other at the other side of the brackets, you know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:04 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
i haz PBR and wifi, but maybe putting ppl who dont have one or the other at the other side of the brackets, you know what i mean?

well that sounds all fine and stuff but what happens if the two finalists cannot play each other because one doesn't have wifi and the other doesnt have PBR?
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:35 pm

thats where there is a problem...
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:50 pm

exactly so i'll just try to come up with something
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5872

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Gastrotress wrote:

Why no wifi?
Well, idk if you can join then because I don't have either and I'm sure other people don't as well

Because the DS is a piece of arse that can't connect to WPA format internet and needs WEP which is way too unsecure...

Also if this is a "No stab tournament" then why does gengar have shadow ball? xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!   The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up! Empty

Back to top Go down

The No STAB Tournament! [Sign-ups CLOSED] Round three Matchups are up!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next