Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slaking Tank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6865

Slaking Tank Empty
PostSubject: Slaking Tank   Slaking Tank EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:40 pm

I've been waiting to use Slaking for a while now, because it was in my original team. It didn't do too well, but was very reliable in most cases. Using Slaking, I have really leaned how to actually perdict with it. It may seem like a "Life/Death" situation, but it can be pulled off easily.

(Note: This pokemon will be backed up by my other pokemon in play, so it will be safe while it loafs around)

Pokemon: Slaking (Ganon)
Nature: Careful
Ability: Truant
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252Att/100HP/152Sp.D/6Def
Set:
- Hammer Arm
- Giga Impact
- Fire Punch
- Slack Off
Pupose:
- Instead of having a pure Slaking sweeper, I've turned it into a tank. Give damage, take damage, and recover that damage. Seeing that Slaking is the only pokemon that could use Giga Impact like it had no side effect, I have it there because it is basicly one of it's strongest moves. Hammer Arm is for steel, rock, and dark types (if I ever see them). Even though I will lose speed, I won't need it because tanks don't have much speed, anyway. Fire Punch is self-explanitory. Slack Off is for extra recovery.
EV Spread:
- Attack EVs are for sweeping purposes. The HP EVs is for tank purposes. The EVs in Sp.D and the careful nature are so that his defences are evened out. Seeing that it's Sp.D is low and his Def is high, I focused the stats more on Sp.D so it can match it. I have the remaining 6 EVs for Def so it has little more tanking power.

Last edited by Nagi-Nagi on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
derock542

derock542

UT points : 6267

Slaking Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaking Tank   Slaking Tank EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:51 pm

I really like this set....for your partner, if you dont already have it chosen, i think that you should use someone who knows follow me to avoid him from getting hit while he's loafing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/derock927
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6090

Slaking Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaking Tank   Slaking Tank EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:52 pm

i like it except the EV's look somewhat weird, is there a reason that it is distributed oddly?or maybe im looking at it wrong
Back to top Go down
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6865

Slaking Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaking Tank   Slaking Tank EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:54 pm

derock542 wrote:
I really like this set....for your partner, if you dont already have it chosen, i think that you should use someone who knows follow me to avoid him from getting hit while he's loafing

Actually, I'm using a powerhouse partner so I can knock out it's weaknesess.

saxman1324 wrote:
i like it except the EV's look somewhat weird, is there a reason that it is distributed oddly?or maybe im looking at it wrong

Attack EVs are for tank purposes. The EVs in Sp.D and the careful nature are so that his defences are evened out. Seeing that it's Sp.D is low and his Def is high, I focused the stats more on Sp.D so it can match it. I have the remaining 6 EVs for Def so it has little more tanking power.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6090

Slaking Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaking Tank   Slaking Tank EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:

Attack EVs are for tank purposes. The EVs in Sp.D and the careful nature are so that his defences are evened out. Seeing that it's Sp.D is low and his Def is high, I focused the stats more on Sp.D so it can match it. I have the remaining 6 EVs for Def so it has little more tanking power.

ok, didnt understand that, you may want to put that in your original post
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6560

Slaking Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaking Tank   Slaking Tank EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Everything seems pretty good on this one. You don't absolutely have to have fire punch, as there are any replacements, but if you want it, then it's works really well either way. All in all, this is a great set.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
Sponsored content

Slaking Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaking Tank   Slaking Tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Slaking Tank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: