Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaymin's Growth ~

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5634

Shaymin's Growth ~ Empty
PostSubject: Shaymin's Growth ~   Shaymin's Growth ~ EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Shaymin. Growth. What?

Shaymin@Leftovers / Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SpATK / 252 SPE
Modest / Timid
Natural Cure

-Growth
-Seed Flare / Energy Ball / Grass Knot
-Earth Power / HP Fire / HP Ice
-Rest

Let's start from the top. Leftovers lets Shaymin stay around longer, while Life Orb provides that extra power boost that's always helpful. EVs are simple, max out SpATK and SPE. Modest for power, Timid for speed. I have to pick one. Growth is here for the SpATK boost that will help Shaymin fire away powerful Grass-type moves. Speaking of which, there are three Grass-type attacking options. Seed Flare is Shaymin's signature move. You may say, "DUH! PICK THAT ONE! IT'S STRONG!" It has downfalls, too, you know. The somewhat shaky accuracy along with low PP make Seed Flare less appealing. Energy Ball is the basic Grass-type move which has great accuracy, decent power, and good PP, which make it the most reliable of the three. Three? Last but not least, Grass Knot. It hits heavy foes harder than Energy Ball or Seed Flare ever could. But on light foes, it is very weak and near useless. The third slot, again, has three main options. Earth Power hits Steel-types and Fire-types much harder than a Grass-type attacking option, but leaves Shaymin open to levitating steels (Skarmory and Bronzong?) as well as Flying-types, fellow Grass-types, and dragons like Salamence and Dragonite. HP Fire hits Steel-types, other Grass-types, and possible Ice-types looking to take down Shaymin. But HP Fire leaves Shaymin vulnerable to Fire-types. HP Ice hits Flying-types and Dragon-types hard, but once again, leaves Shaymin in the air against Steel- and Fire-types. Rest is there to heal all the way to full, and, if I don't have any Growth boosts up yet (or just need to switch), I can switch out to cure my sleeping status.

Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks! (:
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6549

Shaymin's Growth ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaymin's Growth ~   Shaymin's Growth ~ EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:49 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:
Shaymin. Growth. What?

Modest / Timid
Natural Cure

-Growth
-Rest

Let's start from the top. Leftovers lets Shaymin stay around longer, while Life Orb provides that extra power boost that's always helpful. EVs are simple, max out SpATK and SPE. Modest for power, Timid for speed. I have to pick one. Growth is here for the SpATK boost that will help Shaymin fire away powerful Grass-type moves. Speaking of which, there are three Grass-type attacking options. Seed Flare is Shaymin's signature move. You may say, "DUH! PICK THAT ONE! IT'S STRONG!" It has downfalls, too, you know. The somewhat shaky accuracy along with low PP make Seed Flare less appealing. Energy Ball is the basic Grass-type move which has great accuracy, decent power, and good PP, which make it the most reliable of the three. Three? Last but not least, Grass Knot. It hits heavy foes harder than Energy Ball or Seed Flare ever could. But on light foes, it is very weak and near useless. The third slot, again, has three main options. Earth Power hits Steel-types and Fire-types much harder than a Grass-type attacking option, but leaves Shaymin open to levitating steels (Skarmory and Bronzong?) as well as Flying-types, fellow Grass-types, and dragons like Salamence and Dragonite. HP Fire hits Steel-types, other Grass-types, and possible Ice-types looking to take down Shaymin. But HP Fire leaves Shaymin vulnerable to Fire-types. HP Ice hits Flying-types and Dragon-types hard, but once again, leaves Shaymin in the air against Steel- and Fire-types. Rest is there to heal all the way to full, and, if I don't have any Growth boosts up yet (or just need to switch), I can switch out to cure my sleeping status.

it seems like a good set other than it will be walled by steel types if u take hp ice, but if u dont take hp ice, dragons like mence can completely set up on u
and fire types wall u without earth power
so the main problem i see with this is it doesnt have enough attacking moves
well your obviously going to want to keep growth, as that's the whole point of this set, otherwise its just smogon
so your best bet would be to replace rest with hp ice and go with earth power, as hp ice is pretty much necessary
otherwise mence or d-nite will just come in and start dding away
btw, definitely go for timid as your boosting sp.atk anyway, and u need to be able to outspeed our speed tie with max + speed mence if u use my suggestion or if u use hp ice
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5634

Shaymin's Growth ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaymin's Growth ~   Shaymin's Growth ~ EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:
Shaymin. Growth. What?

Modest / Timid
Natural Cure

-Growth
-Rest

it seems like a good set other than it will be walled by steel types if u take hp ice, but if u dont take hp ice, dragons like mence can completely set up on u
well your obviously going to want to keep growth, as that's the whole point of this set, otherwise its just smogon
so your best bet would be to replace rest with hp ice and go with earth power, as hp ice is pretty much necessary
btw, definitely go for timid as your boosting sp.atk anyway, and u need to be able to outspeed our speed tie with max + speed mence if u use my suggestion or if u use hp ice

I hope you realize I covered the ENTIRE 'if I pick this I get walled by that' section in the OP.
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7468

Shaymin's Growth ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaymin's Growth ~   Shaymin's Growth ~ EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:56 pm

I take Psychic on my Shaymin. H.P.Ice/Fire/Earth Power all only cover one of Dragons, Steel, Grass, whereas with Psychic you cover both Dragons and Grass. Still walled by Steel but nothing you can do about that. Since you have Rest, Lefties may be redundant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6549

Shaymin's Growth ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaymin's Growth ~   Shaymin's Growth ~ EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:43 am

ARandomBoy wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:
Shaymin. Growth. What?

Modest / Timid
Natural Cure

-Growth
-Rest

I hope you realize I covered the ENTIRE 'if I pick this I get walled by that' section in the OP.
yeah i know u did
just restating it, lol
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5873

Shaymin's Growth ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaymin's Growth ~   Shaymin's Growth ~ EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Shaymin@Leftovers/Tanga Berry
252 HP / 4 SpATK / 252 SPE
Timid
Natural Cure

-Growth
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-HP Ice

Basically I made a few changes. I switched the HP and Sp. A ev's to make it a bit bulkier... because you don't really need all that Sp. A after a few growth boosts. If shaymin is trying to set up, it needs to have enough time to do so... the more time, the better, right? Timid for speed>attack; same reason as before. You complain about the coverage problem, so her you go. Stab and near perfect coverage with Ground and Ice (no way you can get rid of bronzong and skarmory, sorry) form a potent attacking combo. I don't think you really need rest all that badly. Shaymin being able to get free status healing (the true purpose of rest), I don't really feel it needs the recovery; just pair it with something with wish like one of the eveelutions or jirachi and the like and then leftovers will take care of the rest. Finally remember that Scizor is extremely prevalent... so give shaymin a tanga berry so u-turn won't tear giant chuncks (and will tear a slightly lesser chunk) out of its HP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shaymin's Growth ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaymin's Growth ~   Shaymin's Growth ~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Shaymin's Growth ~
Page 1 of 1