Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection

Go down 
+4
CaseyR
Greene
Shnoogle
ARandomBoy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5645

Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection Empty
PostSubject: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Ludicolo likes the sun. Quite strangely.

But the real reason here. I need help with my Sunny Day Ludicolo. Because of his ability and typing, most all battlers consider it to be a Rain Dance-er. Yet, Ludicolo is part Grass-type, and has access to Sunny Day and Solarbeam.

Ludicolo@LifeOrb
4 HP / 252 SpATK / 252 SPE
Modest / Timid
Swift Swim (LOL!)

-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
- [See move selection]
- [See move selection]

MOVE SELECTION (for the last two slots) Options:

-HP Fire
-HP Ground (obviously, only HP Fire or HP Ground may be used)
-Fake Out
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam

As you can see, I have 7 possible options but only 2 open slots. HP Fire is the general classic for SunnyBeamers, with its good coverage with Solarbeam and it being boosted by the sun. It hits bothersome Steel-types, as well as Ice-types, fellow Grass-types, and Bug-types, all of which are useful types to counter for a Grass-type. But sadly, this option leaves Ludicolo vulnerable to Fire-types. HP Ground, though strange, has its uses. It also hits Steel-types and Ice-types, but it also hits Fire-types looking to come in and take advantage of the sun. However, by using HP Ground over HP Fire, I am left vulerable to other Grass-types as well as Bug-types and Flying-types. Fake Out may seem like an odd option, but it can be used to break Focus Sashes before going in for the kill, as well as providing that bit extra damage that is miniscule but may save you. Leech Seed helps me regain health back from Life Orb, as well as tricking the foe into thinking I'm a staller and forcing switches, which helps me set up the sun. Focus Blast hits Steel-types, Ice-types, and the random Dark- and Normal-types. It also a highly powerful move, but it has shaky accuracy. Ice Beam is the last option noted here. It hits other Grass-types, along with Flying-types. It should be noted that Solarbeam + Ice Beam + HP Ground provides fantastic coverage.

Help me out here! Also, if you have another possibility as a move option that has its uses (that you are able to explain), feel free to say it. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7711

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:57 pm

fake out and sub = bad... fake out won't do much damage at all so find another revenger... Plus you will take life orb damage from an attack that does 15 damage to the opponent.
Substitute will just waste your sunny day time... as I see you aren't going with the item that boosts the duration of sunny day up to 8 turns (sorry but i cannot recall the name at this time)

HP fire is the best option to go with for slot 3... sunny day boost, take care of scizor easily even before scizor, and good coverage

Ice beam for the last slot so you can take on dragons... i would suggest maybe leech seed but this set isn't stalling... its sole purpose would be to get health back after some is lost from LO recoil... such as leech seeding on a predicted switch to blissey/ snorlax/ drifblim or whatever other high HP pokemon the other guy/girl has

Have a good heatran counter on the team Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7479

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:11 pm

I'd say H.P.Ground and Ice Beam.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5986

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:16 pm

I'd say HP Fire, so it's powered up by Sunny Day and good coverage. And ether Ice Beam for dragons, or Leech Seed so you can recover the HP you lose from Life Orb.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5645

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Hmm. Looks like I have some different opinions on this... -waits for more feedback-
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:
Hmm. Looks like I have some different opinions on this... -waits for more feedback-

me and acey both think the same thing for the third slot, and all of us think the same for the fourth slot... you just have to decide if you want to be killed by either heatran, or scizor and take your pick... I'd say HP fire because unlke HP ground, it is boosted by sunny day and most heatrans are going to be faster than you. Scizor you can easily outspeed (and you resist bullet punch too) and KO with HP fire quickly before it U-Turns. If you ran HP Ground, you would be forced to switch when a scizor came in or stay in and die to a U-turn. One could argue, well you would have to do the same thing with heatran if you chose HP fire, right? WRONG. after a u-turn scizor can switch to any other pokemon on his team AFTER you have already made your selection on who to switch to. so if you switch to gyarados to counter scizor, it will u-turn and then bring in a jolteon, thus making you loose momentum. Whereas if you brought in a gyarados when a heatran cam in and it used flamethrower, you can frighten it off with EQ
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6831

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 am

HP Fire isn't boosted by Sunny Day. I don't think the HP's get a boost through Weather

HP Ground is my choice.

You will get rid of those Heatrans that will come in when they reakise this isn't a Rain Dance Set..
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6560

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:51 am

Daiko wrote:
HP Fire isn't boosted by Sunny Day. I don't think the HP's get a boost through Weather

HP Ground is my choice.

You will get rid of those Heatrans that will come in when they reakise this isn't a Rain Dance Set..
actually hidden powers do get a boost through weather
also why cant u use surf?
id say surf and ice beam if i had to choose
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6087

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
Daiko wrote:

HP Ground is my choice.

id suggest Ice Beam and HP Ground, since it will hit at least Scizor for neutral damage in his biggest weak point (SpD) and it will hopefully destroy Heatran. if using HP Fire you will receive weather boosts but be unable to take down Heatran and other fire types.

I quoted because im sure he doesnt want Surf thx to Sunny Days effect of lowering water type moves, losing both stab and coverage :-/ im personally not sure if it is worth the surprise sunny day set up
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6560

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
Daiko wrote:

HP Ground is my choice.

id suggest Ice Beam and HP Ground, since it will hit at least Scizor for neutral damage in his biggest weak point (SpD) and it will hopefully destroy Heatran. if using HP Fire you will receive weather boosts but be unable to take down Heatran and other fire types.

I quoted because im sure he doesnt want Surf thx to Sunny Days effect of lowering water type moves, losing both stab and coverage :-/ im personally not sure if it is worth the surprise sunny day set up
o i didnt know it did that
id go for hp fire then as it gets sun boost too
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5717

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:42 am

HP fire+solarbeam+icebeam=perfect cover (not counting heatrun)
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7479

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:55 am

nikodem123asdf wrote:

Fire + Grass + Ice = far from perfect coverage, every fire type nearly walls it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:54 am

Greene wrote:
nikodem123asdf wrote:

Fire + Grass + Ice = far from perfect coverage, every fire type nearly walls it.

However, a resisted STAB solar beam is still 90 power. And even in the sun ludicolo definately has the special defense to take at least 1 flamethrower/ fire blast

I see your point, but this is one main reason sunny day teams are often overlooked... Their weaknesses is enhanced and their enemies STAB is greater and water moves do half
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection   Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancin' in the...Sun? -Ludicolo Move Selection
Page 1 of 1