Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]

Go down 
+5
relloz6
The Average Battler
nikodem123asdf
saxman1324
ARandomBoy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5635

Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] Empty
PostSubject: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:10 am

If you saw my list of Gallade sets, this is the same thing, only for Clefable.

As we all know, Clefable's movepool is completely unbelievable, both offensively and defensively.

Clefable@Leftovers
252 HP / 4 DEF / 252 SpDEF
Careful
Magic Guard

-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave
-Seismic Toss
-Reflect

A somewhat basic supporter. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock. Thunder Wave cripples speedy sweepers, and lets a slower Poke come in and wreck havoc. Seismic Toss is there so this Clefable is not walled by Taunt, and 100 damage consistently is pretty nice. Reflect works in conjunction with Clefable's good HP and SpDEF, boosting this fat blob into a possible mixed-wall position. However, this set lacks ability to damage Ghost-types. I specifically fear SubCM Mismagius, who shields itself from Thunder Wave and is immune to Seismic Toss.

Clefable@Life Orb
40 HP / 252 ATK / 216 SpATK
Quiet / Brave
Magic Guard

-Calm Mind
-Flamethrower
-Double Edge
-Softboiled

This is a weird set: A mixed Calm Minder. No recoil Life Orb'd no recoil STAB Double Edge (thanks, Magic Guard!) isn't something to mess with. Calm Mind boosts Flamethrower's power so it hits Steel-types much harder. Sadly, this set has some trouble with Rock-types. Softboiled is for healing purposes. EVs provide lots of attack power (from both sides), with some thrown into HP for a bit of durability.

Clefable@Focus Sash
252 HP / 4 SpDEF / 252 SPE (Unsure on EVs)
Calm
Magic Guard

-Amnesia
-Counter
-Endeavor
-Shadow Ball

Just. Plain. Funny. Thanks to Clefable's immunity to Stealth Rock, Spikes, status damage, Sandstorm, Hail, etc., this set is immensely better. This is similar to my Iron Defense-Mirror Coat Blastoise, only the other way. Amnesia so they come in and smack you with a Close Combat. You live that with your Sash, and Counter for the KO. Hopefully, they bring in something slow, so that you can bring it down to 1 HP with Endeavor. Shadow Ball is there to hit Ghost-types who fear no Counter or Endeavor.

Clefable@Choice Specs
252 HP / 4 DEF / 252 SpATK
Modest
Magic Guard

-Trick
-Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Shadow Ball / Psychic / Softboiled
-Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Shadow Ball / Psychic / Softboiled

Specs Trickster! In all of its monstrous movepool, Clefable does not have a STAB special option. Sad But, as you can see, it has just about every other thing it needs. Ice Beam hits Dragon-, Grass-, Ground-, and Flying-types. Thunderbolt hits Flying- and Water-types. Fire Blast hits Grass-, Ice-, Steel-, and Bug-types. Focus Blast hits Dark-, Normal-, Steel-, Ice-, and Rock-types. Grass Knot hits Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types. Shadow Ball hits Psychic- and Ghost-types. Psychic hits incoming Fighting-types, as well as Poison-types. Sofboiled is for healing purposes. Help me make a descision!

Clefable@Leftovers / Life Orb
252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
Adamant
Magic Guard

-Thunder Wave
-Swagger
-Substitute
-Double Edge

Parafusion Clefable. Lefties gives durability, Life Orb gives power. EVs and nature maximize HP and ATK for durability and power. Thunder Wave and Swagger form the parafusion. Hide behind a sub as they either A) switch or B) struggle to hit you. Then fire off Double Edges. I do not fear Ghost-types on this set as much as others, simply because most do not enjoy confusion or paralysis.

Five sets. Clearly, Clefable has one of the most massive move pools in the game.

Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks! Razz
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6077

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:

252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
Adamant
Magic Guard

-Thunder Wave
-Swagger
-Substitute
-Double Edge

Parafusion Clefable. Lefties gives durability, Life Orb gives power. EVs and nature maximize HP and ATK for durability and power. Thunder Wave and Swagger form the parafusion. Hide behind a sub as they either A) switch or B) struggle to hit you. Then fire off Double Edges. I do not fear Ghost-types on this set as much as others, simply because most do not enjoy confusion or paralysis.

i was about to say that Return>Double Edge almost always, but actually does Double Edge give recoil damage to Clefable with Magic Guard? i didnt see an answer for that question but if it stops the recoil thats an interesting way of using clefable
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5707

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:04 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:

252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
Adamant
Magic Guard

-Thunder Wave
-Swagger
-Substitute
-Double Edge

i was about to say that Return>Double Edge almost always, but actually does Double Edge give recoil damage to Clefable with Magic Guard? i didnt see an answer for that question but if it stops the recoil thats an interesting way of using clefable
magic guard canels recoil damage it is kinda like rock head but waaay better
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 pm

and for speced trickster i would suggest
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-flamethrower/softboil/shadow ball(if you dont wanna get walled by lanturn)
-trick
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5850

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:33 pm

You are wrong ARamdomBoy, clefable has the stab special attack known as HP Normal! lol!
Back to top Go down
relloz6

relloz6

UT points : 5440

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:35 pm

there's no such thing it's imposible to get HP normal
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6077

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:40 pm

relloz6 wrote:

lol i believe he was jk'ing
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5850

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:40 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
relloz6 wrote:

lol i believe he was jk'ing

I was just joking, although Clefable gets access to hyper beam, but that move suckz.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 7:01 am

there is also snore but it also sux lol! clefable doesnt even learn swift
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5874

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:08 pm

These sets seem fine BUT there is a serious lack of cosmic power, encore, wish, toxic orb, and facade here. Razz
Anyways all of these sets don't really appeal to me too much, but I can bet you that each will work well; that seems to happen with clefable...

Also you can make about 130000 viable movesets with clefable; it has such a huge breadth of options in its movepool it's not even funny.
Almost any combination of its moves works.

Lastly... no healing wish sets? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5635

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Gastrotress wrote:
These sets seem fine BUT there is a serious lack of cosmic power, encore, wish, toxic orb, and facade here. Razz

Lastly... no healing wish sets? Crying or Very sad

I already have a Cosmic Power Clefable. I made a thread about it somewhere here. Encore is Smogon. Wish.. just. Wish. Toxic Orb + Facade is also Smogon. Healing Wish on Clefable = nono. Clefable should be durable and stay around for awhile to stall or dish out loads of damage.
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5976

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 pm

nikodem123asdf wrote:
Yes it does. Check smogon.
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7469

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:56 pm

CaseyR wrote:
nikodem123asdf wrote:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/swift

Smogon says Clefable doesn't learn Swift.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5976

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Greene wrote:
CaseyR wrote:
nikodem123asdf wrote:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/swift

Smogon says Clefable doesn't learn Swift.

What?! The last time I checked, it said it did!
Back to top Go down
iEaturCake

UT points : 5270

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:30 pm

nikodem123asdf wrote:

orly?no swift?
The star=shaped pokemon from outer space can't learn a move involving stars?
Whack.The.Frog.

I like em all, first one is my favorite.
Just use it w/ a poke w/ shadow ball or something...Idk.
Just trying to think of something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iEaturCake
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]   Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List] Empty

Back to top Go down

Fat Pink Blob #2 ~ Clefable! [Set List]
Page 1 of 1