Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non-bullet punching scizor?

Go down 
+4
Shnoogle
Darkravenn12
SebaSneakers
Zapirak
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zapirak

Zapirak

UT points : 5332

Non-bullet punching scizor? Empty
PostSubject: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:34 am

Hey, just wanted to think about a scizor that doesn't abuse technician or bullet-punch.

Scizor - Salac Berry - Swarm
252 in atk., 126 in speed, 130 in hp.
Can't decide on moveset:
-Substitute
-X-scissor
-Iron head
-Swords dance

-Endure
-Night Slash
-Iron Head
-X-scissor

Tell me what you think!
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5762

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:50 am

substitude > endure
your scicor will last longer that way cause with endure he will be killed with a priority move like quick attk or mach puch or a bullet punch x)
Back to top Go down
Zapirak

Zapirak

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:11 pm

k, thanks. Ill choose that one instead.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6560

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 pm

they're pretty good
just one thing, replace x-scissor for bug-bite
it uses technician but its better than x-scissor in most aspects
its 10 more bp after stab and technician, and comes with the handy ability of being able to take berries from foes if they have them, which would pay off in the end
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7711

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
they're pretty good
its 10 more bp after stab and technician, and comes with the handy ability of being able to take berries from foes if they have them, which would pay off in the end

Well, his x-scissor will be stronger than a technician bug bite when boosted by swarm... The main purpose of the substitute. Otherwise he should just make it a swords dancing bullet punching scizor with bug bite and technician
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6560

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
they're pretty good

Well, his x-scissor will be stronger than a technician bug bite when boosted by swarm... The main purpose of the substitute. Otherwise he should just make it a swords dancing bullet punching scizor with bug bite and technician
wow fail
i just realized it had swarm
i honestly forgot scizor even had another ability, as literally no1 uses swarm
lol
ignore my comment
Back to top Go down
Zapirak

Zapirak

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Quote :

wow fail
i just realized it had swarm
i honestly forgot scizor even had another ability, as literally no1 uses swarm
lol
ignore my comment

Lol, interesting how you forgot. But yea, its the reason why this would work.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

UT points : 5282

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 pm

This set can work, however your Ev's could use an upgrade and the moveset could use more options. Overall the new set should look like this:
Non-bullet punching scizor? 212-m
Scizor@Liechi Berry/Salac Berry
Swarm, Adamant/Jolly
Ev's: 252 Attack/ 4 Defense/ 252 Speed
- Substitute
- Swords Dance/Agility
- X-Scissor
- Reversal/Iron Head/Baton Pass
This set is a bit more viable in my eyes. The Ev's just make it fast and strong, which is very very necessary. However, if you don't plan on running Reversal, lower your HP Iv's by 1 point (WOOHOO HP-DRAGON) to make your HP divisible by 4 so the Berry and Swarm activate and once and leave you with the highest amount of HP possible. The item depends on what stat boosting move you plan on using. SD sets or Baton Pass sets can use Jolly if they feel they need the speed.

Basically you just Sub up like Empoleon and then keep pumping out stat boosting moves till Swarm activates. X-Scissor deals tons of damage at this stage and starts mowing through enemies. The last slot kind of decides what you overall wanted to do. If you went for the 1 HP after the Subs, Reversal will be at 200 base power. Nothing else really needs to be said about that. Iron Head can work for Flinch hax and works for a second STAB and makes you much less weak to Ghost types. Baton Pass is one of the reasons to use this set over Empoleon: if it's walled it can pass off it's hard work. A great set that works hand in hand with this is Flash Fire Arcanine, Dry Skin Toxicroak, or Gliscor. A Zapdos or Rotom who may be ready to Heat Wave/Overheat could open up a massive sweeping opportunity for Arcanine if you can predict the switch. Bulky Waters like Suicune and Empoleon (who will wall the BP set) don't like giving Toxicroak a free switch in especially when it packs moves like Focus Punch (if you're confident with prediction or the Substitute), Cross Chop, Brick Break, and Thunderpunch. Gliscor is interesting because it gives you an option against Rotom's and Zapdos if you're convinced an Electric attack is more likely coming and can either use it or use it's own Baton Pass and keep the chain going while adding another Substitute or Agilities and Swords Dances of it's own.
Back to top Go down
Lover_boy

Lover_boy

UT points : 5190

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:18 am

my Scizor @life orb
Technician, Careful
EV's 252 Attack/4 Sp. Defense/252 Speed
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

i never have problems with him, most battles he clears about half my opponents team with no problem

hope it helps :]

Last edited by Lover_boy on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5717

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:48 am

Lover_boy wrote:
my Scizor @light ball
Technician, Careful
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

i never have problems with him, most battles he clears about half my opponents team with no problem

why does it have light ball?
Back to top Go down
Lover_boy

Lover_boy

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:14 pm

nikodem123asdf wrote:
Lover_boy wrote:
my Scizor @light ball
Technician, Careful
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

why does it have light ball?

extra attack the little boost can help depending what you go against
Back to top Go down
leafshadow

leafshadow

UT points : 6453

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Light Balls for Pikachu did you mean Life Orb
Back to top Go down
Lover_boy

Lover_boy

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:37 pm

leafshadow wrote:
Light Balls for Pikachu did you mean Life Orb

oh **** wow sorry im just over tired yes i ment the orb XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-bullet punching scizor?   Non-bullet punching scizor? Empty

Back to top Go down

Non-bullet punching scizor?
Page 1 of 1