Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanking Regirock

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

UT points : 5440

Tanking Regirock Empty
PostSubject: Tanking Regirock   Tanking Regirock EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:09 pm

EVs:
252 Def, 216 attack, 48 HP

Item-
Leftovers

Moveset
Iron defence
Explosion
Earthquake/stone edge/Superpower.
Stealth rock

I haven't decided on an attacking move, yet.
Superpower would hit pretty much anything HARD, but I don't want to sacrifice the power from explosion unless necessary.
Earthquake is a good move, but a flying type is bound to switch in and force me to explode.
Stone edge just makes me feel uncomfortable having a maximum of 7 PP and 80 accuracy.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6089

Tanking Regirock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanking Regirock   Tanking Regirock EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:24 pm

ScizzorTrainer wrote:
EVs:
252 Def, 216 attack, 48 HP

Item-
Leftovers

Moveset
Iron defence
Explosion
Earthquake/stone edge/Superpower.
Stealth rock

I haven't decided on an attacking move, yet.
Superpower would hit pretty much anything HARD, but I don't want to sacrifice the power from explosion unless necessary.
Earthquake is a good move, but a flying type is bound to switch in and force me to explode.
Stone edge just makes me feel uncomfortable having a maximum of 7 PP and 80 accuracy.

Stone Edge has a maximum of 8 PP. In this case Iron Defense is outclassed by curse in my opinion. You need to post a nature and HP EV's are more important than Def, especially when you already have a massive Def stat. You dont even really need all of those EV's in defense, especially with a boosting move. also, for a tank it would be best for another pokemon to set up SR, and why explode after you put all of that hard work into boosting your defense? your taking too many jobs and putting them on one pokemon
Back to top Go down
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

UT points : 5440

Tanking Regirock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanking Regirock   Tanking Regirock EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:53 pm

Nature is going to be impish.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7713

Tanking Regirock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanking Regirock   Tanking Regirock EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:03 pm

I think this is a better set for what you are trying to accomplish...

Regirock @ leftovers
Careful nature... + Sp. Def, - Sp. Attack
252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 4 def
-curse
-rock slide
-EQ
-Explosion

This way you can tank both special and physical hits (even before a curse with MONSTER defense) and strike hard with rock slide after a curse without having to rely on a low PP, and not reliable move (stone edge)
EQ rounds the set off for the great ground-rock attacking combo, and with explosion as your last move, only levitating bronzong can resist every move. However, a cursed-boosted explosion will leave a huuuuuge dent in even the toughest bronzong.

Along with what saxman said, find another place for stealth rock on your team... With regirocks massive defense, it is better to use curse over iron defense which still grants amazing defense as well as a much appreciated attack boost Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6089

Tanking Regirock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanking Regirock   Tanking Regirock EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
I think this is a better set for what you are trying to accomplish...

Regirock @ leftovers
Careful nature... + Sp. Def, - Sp. Attack
252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 4 def
-curse
-rock slide
-EQ
-Explosion

This way you can tank both special and physical hits (even before a curse with MONSTER defense) and strike hard with rock slide after a curse without having to rely on a low PP, and not reliable move (stone edge)
EQ rounds the set off for the great ground-rock attacking combo, and with explosion as your last move, only levitating bronzong can resist every move. However, a cursed-boosted explosion will leave a huuuuuge dent in even the toughest bronzong.

Along with what saxman said, find another place for stealth rock on your team... With regirocks massive defense, it is better to use curse over iron defense which still grants amazing defense as well as a much appreciated attack boost Smile

exactly what i was thinking shnoogle Smile we are CONNECTED Shocked
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7713

Tanking Regirock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanking Regirock   Tanking Regirock EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Lol long lost twins!

Haha but seriously dude, that is the best tanking regirock for your purpose it seems
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Sponsored content

Tanking Regirock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanking Regirock   Tanking Regirock Empty

Back to top Go down

Tanking Regirock
Page 1 of 1