Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is it possible to make a good bide team?

Go down 
+8
Neku
mrcatz
Nagi-Nagi
Sir Doof
Alastor V.2
Digit
TheOSC
dragonmxz
12 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5997

is it possible to make a good bide team? Empty
PostSubject: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I've been trying to think of new and inventive teams so i was thinking about making a bide team. the only thing is, i don't know how id make it work. im thinking of useing foreetress and swampert and the rest would be support or sweepers but like i said, i don't know how to make it effictive. please help!also would it be better as a singal or double team. im thinking double.
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

UT points : 5506

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:33 pm

idk the ideal pokemon for this job would have taunt, arena trap, bide, recovery of some sort and MASSIVE DEFENCE/SDEFENCE if you find one let me know cause im goin to bed XD
Back to top Go down
Digit

Digit

UT points : 5651

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 am

Well a great bider is Shuckle, it plays just like Wobuffet would, except with bide instead of Mirror Coat or Counter, and is not Uber.

An example set (taken off of smogon) is:

Shuckle @ Grip Claw
Ability: Gluttony (Not important)
Nature: Careful
248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
~ Wrap
~ Encore
~ Bide
~ Rest / Toxic

So Wrap>Encore>Bide

or if they don't use an attacking move.

Wrap>Encore>Switch to set up sweeper.

Wish support is also nice.

Hope this gives you a basic idea of what a bide team would be like.
Back to top Go down
Alastor V.2

Alastor V.2

UT points : 5201

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:46 pm

What completely destroys that set's purpose is one move: Taunt.

Anytime I see a Shuckle I immediately switch in my taunt user. With that set, the only thing that Shuckle set can do is Wrap on the switch-in (Pokemon with taunt).

I'm not sure why you'd want to use bide on any pokemon, really. Any sharp battler will either taunt you (if you use that Shuckle moveset) or simply set up on you during the turns your Poke is stuck on Bide.
Back to top Go down
Sir Doof

Sir Doof

UT points : 5703

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:51 pm

I know this doesn't have to do with this post but:

LAWL at the pic above me xD
Back to top Go down
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6868

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 pm

If you can define what a "good" Bide team does, I'll help you out. If you can't, don't make one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8682
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:20 pm

lol timmy

It's possible but it would be hard to pull off. Shiftry could be an option. I don't know how it would work though
Back to top Go down
Digit

Digit

UT points : 5651

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Alastor V.2 wrote:

Anytime I see a Shuckle I immediately switch in my taunt user. With that set, the only thing that Shuckle set can do is Wrap on the switch-in (Pokemon with taunt).

I'm not sure why you'd want to use bide on any pokemon, really. Any sharp battler will either taunt you (if you use that Shuckle moveset) or simply set up on you during the turns your Poke is stuck on Bide.

First of all, not all teams have a taunt user, and not every battler is like you. Also a lot of pokemon are shut down by taunt, you don't see every battler with a taunt vulnerable pokemon changing their team now do you.

Second, TheOSC is asking suggestions for a BIDE team. Hence Bide on the Shuckle. Shuckle also happens to be an excellent Bider, in case you didn't know. Nothing can set up on him because of one move: Encore. Lets say you send in a set-up sweeper on Shuckle. He is wrapped on the switch, then encored when he tries to set-up. Then I switch to my own set up sweeper get a free set up, then sweep your team.
Back to top Go down
Alastor V.2

Alastor V.2

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Digit wrote:
Alastor V.2 wrote:

First of all, not all teams have a taunt user, and not every battler is like you. Also a lot of pokemon are shut down by taunt, you don't see every battler with a taunt vulnerable pokemon changing their team now do you.

Second, TheOSC is asking suggestions for a BIDE team. Hence Bide on the Shuckle. Shuckle also happens to be an excellent Bider, in case you didn't know. Nothing can set up on him because of one move: Encore. Lets say you send in a set-up sweeper on Shuckle. He is wrapped on the switch, then encored when he tries to set-up. Then I switch to my own set up sweeper get a free set up, then sweep your team.
The same goes for Shuckle. Not all teams have a Shuckle (for a good reason). The list is small when it comes to Pokemon being completely shut down by Taunt as badly as Shuckle.

Shuckle is far too predictable thanks to its shallow movepool, so it's very rare for anyone to be caught completely off-guard by Shuckle. Also, I never said anything about setting up on Shuckle...That's just stupid. I meant for any other Pokemon who doesn't happen to run around with the Wrap/Encore/Bide combo.

On paper, with Shuckle's high defenses, a move like Bide looks pretty sweet. Just on paper though.
Back to top Go down
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Alastor V.2 wrote:
Digit wrote:
Alastor V.2 wrote:

The same goes for Shuckle. Not all teams have a Shuckle (for a good reason). The list is small when it comes to Pokemon being completely shut down by Taunt as badly as Shuckle.

Shuckle is far too predictable thanks to its shallow movepool, so it's very rare for anyone to be caught completely off-guard by Shuckle. Also, I never said anything about setting up on Shuckle...That's just stupid. I meant for any other Pokemon who doesn't happen to run around with the Wrap/Encore/Bide combo.

On paper, with Shuckle's high defenses, a move like Bide looks pretty sweet. Just on paper though.

This is about Bide, not Shuckle, so stop arguing. It's going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Alastor V.2

Alastor V.2

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Sorry for going a bit off-topic, Nagi. For the record, I wasn't arguing. Just clearing things up.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:08 pm

@nagi-nagi well a good bide team should be able to set up the pokemon so that they are forced to attack my pokemon that i switch into but can't do a killing blow to it in the two turns it takes to set up. so i think that if i say use shuckle, set the other pokem up using taunt,wrap,encore then switch to forretress or swampert(Pokemon that can take a lot of damage and still survive for two turns) then bide and then wipe them out. if that dosen't work, then i might set up a trick room since at least half or so of my pokemon would be slow and sweep although that is sort of a last resort. the reason i think it would work well in doubles is that bide hits both members of the opponets team so it would be that much more devastating. Really, this is the kind of team that isn't very effictive but is fun to use like mono-type teams. Oh and thanks for all the suggestions. i think i might test a team like this on shoddybattle and see how it works.
Back to top Go down
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:17 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
@nagi-nagi well a good bide team should be able to set up the pokemon so that they are forced to attack my pokemon that i switch into but can't do a killing blow to it in the two turns it takes to set up. so i think that if i say use shuckle, set the other pokem up using taunt,wrap,encore then switch to forretress or swampert(Pokemon that can take a lot of damage and still survive for two turns) then bide and then wipe them out. if that dosen't work, then i might set up a trick room since at least half or so of my pokemon would be slow and sweep although that is sort of a last resort. the reason i think it would work well in doubles is that bide hits both members of the opponets team so it would be that much more devastating. Really, this is the kind of team that isn't very effictive but is fun to use like mono-type teams. Oh and thanks for all the suggestions. i think i might test a team like this on shoddybattle and see how it works.

Actually, the way you're putting it, it works a lot better in doubles than singles.
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5702

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:18 pm

I don't think this thread belongs in this section, I thought this section was strictly rating and not discussion on how to make a good bide team. Not to be a lamer or anything but this goes in the discussion section I believe, man what happened to all the mods.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:29 pm

@neku under pokemon strategy it dose say share, rate and discuss strategys so i thought it belonged here. edit: oops never mind if it has high ivs
Back to top Go down
UUSHITTON

UT points : 5199

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:27 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THE MODS HERE ARE STUPIDER THAN OTHERS
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL GO TO SMOGON AND LEARN STUF
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I'M BORED AND EMO AND HAVE NO LIFE SO I'M SPAMMING A POKEMON FORUM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THIS MAKES SPPF LOOK LIKE HUGE TITS
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5992

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Hey! Leave our forum alone, jerk! If only the mods were here...
Back to top Go down
UUSHITTON

UT points : 5199

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:31 pm

THIS FORUM IS HOPELESS LOLOLOLOLOL
I'LL GET BANNED BUT WHO THE **** CARES
Back to top Go down
AABB

UT points : 5258

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Alastor V.2 wrote:
Digit wrote:
Alastor V.2 wrote:

This is about Bide, not Shuckle, so stop arguing. It's going nowhere.

So, this is what happens when someone with some sense makes an educated post. The mod shuts them down. Tsk tsk tsk.....
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6093

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 pm

the key for any one to use bide is to have decent defenses. if a pokemon cant live 3 attacks for the bide to take effect, its worthless. but i second that it would work better on doubles, since if your opponent doesnt attack the pokemon biding at all, your other pokemon could and have it hurt the opponent. with a sash, you could even explode on the pokemon biding on the last turn and it would be an epic attack. of course, you'd have to have the sash intact and not die before the attack hits
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to make a good bide team?   is it possible to make a good bide team? Empty

Back to top Go down

is it possible to make a good bide team?
Page 1 of 1