Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...

Go down 
+4
Chiz-it5
mrcatz
TheOSC
Shnoogle
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7714

Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... Empty
PostSubject: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

But, i admit, high school DOES have its ups and downs

So i read this stupid book called "the joy luck club" for english and its about chinese women who moved to america and their struggles with their daughters who want to become Americanized and date american guys... Probably one of the least interesting books I have ever read. So, after reading this book, I had to write a complex paragraph in class about something in the book that I was pretty confident on...

And, I bet you can guess what happened. Yup, I got a 17/30 for a score. That is, like what... 56.66666%? an F.

But at least I still have an 85% in the class and got a 95% on my math quiz today Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
TheOSC

TheOSC

UT points : 5503

Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Psh try reading Wuthering Heights or The Scarlet Letter (yes Wuthering not Withering). Worst books ever written, and on top of that I had 4 tests over Wuthering Heights (One of them a timed writing that I scored an epic 59 on) and last year I had 3 tests over Scarlet Letter (Once again one of them written). I think I have a B in the class but those books were trash... Brave New World on the other hand <3 XD Single best book I have ever had the pleasure of reading. And I hate reading.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Lol never heard of the first or last book you mentioned

My english teacher last year told us about the scarlet letter and it sounded like something shakespear would write and i hate shakespear c[=
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8679
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 pm

No a wrinkle in time and the giver are the worst books written. I would have thanked hitler if he burned those books. Congratz on the math quiz though
Back to top Go down
Chiz-it5

Chiz-it5

UT points : 5655

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:22 pm

mrcatz wrote:
No a wrinkle in time and the giver are the worst books written. I would have thanked hitler if he burned those books. Congratz on the math quiz though

How can you not like "The giver" that book was awsome
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Chiz-it5 wrote:
mrcatz wrote:

I was going to say the same thing!

That was like the only book I DID like lol

That and the catcher in the rye
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Chiz-it5 wrote:
mrcatz wrote:

I was going to say the same thing!

That was like the only book I DID like lol

That and the catcher in the rye

ok it wasn't terrible but I didin't think it was great. But you won't change my mind on a wrinkle in time (lol to ma mad rhyming skills)
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Haha oh yeah, because it takes a very special person to rhyme mind and time... Which doesn't even rhyme that well lol

Real props goes to those guys who can go all free style rap on you at any moment w/out having to think about what rhymes they are goin to say next

What was the wrinkle time thingy about?
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Rap is boring and easy, its all about that HxC and Metal. Also TECHNO!!! <3 me some trance/house/hardstyle/electronica

and I stand by worst books ever written Wuthering Heights and Scarlet Letter
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm

TheOSC wrote:
Rap is boring and easy, its all about that HxC and Metal. Also TECHNO!!! <3 me some trance/house/hardstyle/electronica

And would you mind telling me what HcX is?

I personally like alternative/pop music... But I can appreciate anything... Except taylor swift DX
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
TheOSC wrote:

And would you mind telling me what HcX is?

I personally like alternative/pop music... But I can appreciate anything... Except taylor swift DX

HxC stands for Hardcore Rock, stuff like We Came as Romans, The Word Alive, Blessthefall, The Devil Wears Prada, ect. Its that music that people always call Screamo but rarely is XD. (unless you talk to a fan of old hardcore, in that case its bands like Gorilla Biscut)

I like more than most music because the lyrics always have a meaning to them where as most music now an days is just commercial garbage imo.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:29 pm

Oh ok thanks Smile

Iv never heard of any of those bands haha

I like these bands...

Anberlin, switchfoot, relient K, death cab for cutie, thousand foot krutch, akon, skillet, jimmy eat world, angels and airwaves

More alternative music I guess with some punk
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Haha oh yeah, because it takes a very special person to rhyme mind and time... Which doesn't even rhyme that well lol

Real props goes to those guys who can go all free style rap on you at any moment w/out having to think about what rhymes they are goin to say next

What was the wrinkle time thingy about?

I really don't know it was so hard to understand. I read it in 5th grade and hated it. The girl does get her father back in the end though so at least it's happy
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 pm

OK...So, im assuming that in part of the book or most of the book, the main character's (?) father was lost in time or something?
Back to top Go down
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator

UT points : 6389

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:27 pm

dude Wrinkle in time was amazing
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6560

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 pm

GaiaAero wrote:

Quoted for truth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Elfar wrote:
GaiaAero wrote:

Quoted for truth.

ehh I hated it
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 pm

GaiaAero wrote:

I guess mrcatz just isnt as into sci fi books as much as you are gaia =P
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:17 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
GaiaAero wrote:

I guess mrcatz just isnt as into sci fi books as much as you are gaia =P

I didn't even know the book was scifi I could barely understand it
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 pm

that might be why you didn't like it. BRAVE NEW WORLD IS STILL THE BEST BOOK EVER THOUGH!!!
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:24 pm

TheOSC wrote:
that might be why you didn't like it. BRAVE NEW WORLD IS STILL THE BEST BOOK EVER THOUGH!!!

to kill a mocking bird is really good
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6560

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:25 pm

mrcatz wrote:
TheOSC wrote:

That's a pretty good book.

Where the Red Fern Grows SUCKED though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Elfar wrote:
mrcatz wrote:
TheOSC wrote:

My mom loves that book but I've never read it.

We need to start a literature club
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:54 pm

mrcatz wrote:
Elfar wrote:
mrcatz wrote:
TheOSC wrote:

My mom loves that book but I've never read it.

We need to start a literature club

Haha true dat bro

Anyone ever read the book before where the red fern grows? It's called old yeller... I had to read it in 5th grade it was one of the best but saddest books I have ever read Smile :'(
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6098

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am

mrcatz wrote:
TheOSC wrote:

I agree with both of these people =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...   Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster... Empty

Back to top Go down

Eh, I've always hated the analogy that high school is like a roller coaster...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Reality :: Guess what...-
Jump to: