Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Self moderating community.

Go down 
+7
silverdragon13
Elfar
SoulSilverHeartGold
cdplayar
TheOSC
GaiaAero
Digit
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Digit

Digit

UT points : 5633

Self moderating community. Empty
PostSubject: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:13 pm

First of all I don't have anything against the mods, seriously I love you guys you do great work.

However during certain times of the day, there is a lack of moderators on the forum. Maybe they're at a party or something.

So I propose we allow the community to do some of the moderating. Now before you freak out hear me out.

I think we should have something like youtube where users can mark posts as spam, or in this case as breaking the rules or something, then you don't view them by default, but you can click a button to view it if you so chose. And by users I mean more than one. Then lets say it, oh I don't know... it PM's the mods about the post perhaps.

It would make the mods jobs easier and we don't have to look at the very VERY annoying post that, might I add, often use font that's bigger than Texas and goes from the right side of the screen to who knows where. Because those types of posts really put a damper on the conversation until the mods clean it up a few hours later.

So In summary:

~Report type button, that also makes the post not viewable by default.

~And maybe making a character limit, word warp being proportional to the size of the font, etc.

Anyway I don't know if this is feasible but I figure I might as well throw an idea out there.

Last edited by Digit on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator

UT points : 6374

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:53 pm

im usually quite active
its just the schoolwork and etc thats caught up to me
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

UT points : 5488

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:58 pm

I think the incident today just shook everyone up a little. This is a forum I look at when I'm at school and it was hosting pokepron for a good 15-30 minutes. Its not an attack on the mods, it's just as a community we don't want to have this kind of thing happen again and be powerless till a mod logs on (which unfortunately can take some time sometimes).
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7919

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:38 pm

TheOSC wrote:
I think the incident today just shook everyone up a little. This is a forum I look at when I'm at school and it was hosting pokepron for a good 15-30 minutes. Its not an attack on the mods, it's just as a community we don't want to have this kind of thing happen again and be powerless till a mod logs on (which unfortunately can take some time sometimes).

Well We Can't Really Help When We're On And Not On,
But Elfar, Myself, Nagi, And Gaia Are All Fairly Active And Im On Almost Every Day
It Could Be A Timezone Issue.
Or An Issue Of Time
Lets Say I Get Out Of School At 3.30 EST
And Your Out At 2.40 EST
That Leaves Fifty Minutes Wit No MODS
But We Can't Help That
And Im Not Sure If Forumotion Has An Option To Even DO That.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7091

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Maybe there should me mod scudules!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
TheOSC

TheOSC

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:44 pm

well like I said its not an attack on you guys (in fact i think you are doing a great job). It was just the nature of this incident was a little vulgar and I would hate for this to happen whilst I'm at school or If I'm browsing in my living room when my parents walk in. There should be some way to report vulgar material so that it messages a mod right away.
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7919

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:00 pm

TheOSC wrote:
well like I said its not an attack on you guys (in fact i think you are doing a great job). It was just the nature of this incident was a little vulgar and I would hate for this to happen whilst I'm at school or If I'm browsing in my living room when my parents walk in. There should be some way to report vulgar material so that it messages a mod right away.

Im Not Saying You Guys Are Dissing Us.
Smile
Bu That Would Interfere With The Moderator's Life That's Not Spent On The Computer
Pulling Them Away From What They Are Doing.
Its Like If There Was A Way To Text MODS, That Takes Away Some Privacy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
TheOSC

TheOSC

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Yea but it is a small price to pay imo if its only used for prevention of vulgar content. (I don't want pron or anything like that on here)
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6545

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Even if we would make it able to report someone, we'd have to wait for a mod or admin to get on to do something about it, so that wouldn't do anything.

And, if you did had a way to get in contact with a mod or admin, in addition to the privacy issue, we STILL might not be able to get to our computer for a while.

Just hang tight, don't look at that person's post, and wait for a mod to get here and delete it, bann the user, depending on the severity of what is being done, and forget it.

People are going to do bad things. That is unavoidable. Our response is within our control, but there are limits that we will abide by.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
silverdragon13

silverdragon13

UT points : 5477

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Why don't you guys:
post a sign up sheet for time zones
then the ones who are already moderators interview them
see if they're right for the job
hire one or two
then when one quits or retires or is fired post a job wanted topic?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sundragon135
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6545

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:01 pm

silverdragon13 wrote:
Why don't you guys:
hire one or two

Actually, next time we need more mods, taking timezones into consideration might be a good idea. But, honestly, we just got three new mods, and don't need anymore for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8664
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:41 pm

It's a good idea but the only times I don't see a mod or admin is really late at night or during school. I don't know if we'll need it but I wouldn't mind trying it.
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6083

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:13 pm

mrcatz wrote:
It's a good idea but the only times I don't see a mod or admin is really late at night or during school. I don't know if we'll need it but I wouldn't mind trying it.
Yeah when its that time for you its daytime in other countries -.-'
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6819

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:01 am

Elfar wrote:
silverdragon13 wrote:
Why don't you guys:
hire one or two

Actually, next time we need more mods, taking timezones into consideration might be a good idea. But, honestly, we just got three new mods, and don't need anymore for a while.

To be honest, I think it was pretty bad making 3 people from American/Canadian Timezones as Mods. Gaia is from there. You three are from there. What are you all going to do when you are sleeping and we have people around British time Spamming away like mad. You will be screwed unless you stay up all night watching this site.
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
TheOSC

TheOSC

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:34 am

lol thats what I do any way XD
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6819

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:55 am

Somehow, I think we may need a Mod that has access aroung GMT+0

This Major General is getting on my F***ing nerves..
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
glaceonlover11

glaceonlover11

UT points : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:11 am

really to my opioin you need people from different time zone maybe two from each that are like 6 hour diffence like austrilia is ike 7 hour different for us we could be on when it like midnight for you where it like 11 in the morning for us
and with the mod app i think you should pm them because it mean no one can copy some one else idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self moderating community.   Self moderating community. Empty

Back to top Go down

Self moderating community.
Page 1 of 1