Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Honchcrow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duskboi

Duskboi

UT points : 5182

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:37 am

Ok so i was looking throgh the pokedex on Smoochen and i saw honchcrow. Decided to check it out and came up with a wall version of it.

Honchcrow@Leftovers
Evs-252 Hp
104 Special Defense
52 Attack
Imnosia/Super Luck

Roost
Phycho SHift/Thunder Wave
Drill Peck/Night Slash
Sucker Punch
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6078

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:02 pm

hmm... i like the thought but honch just doesnt have the stats. i do like how you tried to include psycho shift, and in my opinion, it seems like it would actually be an awesome toxic user even though you dont have it on there. i mean everyone expects the offensive and then brings out the wall. so in my opinion, make it a status absorber completely, which entails:

Honchkrow - (+Def/SpD nature)
Leftovers
252 HP, Spread Def and SpD EV's until equal along with nature, leftover goes to SpA
Insomnia
Toxic
Psycho Shift
Roost/Heat Wave
Dark Pulse

very risky, but i definitely see times that this can be useful. definitely needs team support including rapid spin
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7702

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:40 pm

You mean like this, Saxxy?

240 HP, 160 Def, 100 Sp. Def, 8 Speed with a Calm Nature. This Grants him 401 HP (A leftovers #, which is why I didn't max HP... and it minimizes SR damage too), 180 Def, and 181 Sp. Def, and 180 Speed, which outruns max speed adamant Rhyperior so you can roost before it Stone Edges. That's as close as you will get to equal Smile

It's sad how you cannot use your higher attack stat because then you cannot touch steels with Night Slash and Drill Peck/Brave Bird. So I agree that Dark Pulse and Heat Wave are the best attacking options.

Psycho Shift may seem fun and all, but it is quite gimmicky, really. With you make everything intoxicated, if they burn, paralize you, whatever, you will just get the poison status half the time. I'd say you are better off making it a double statuser with Thunderwave replacing Psycho Shift (Yes, surprisingly it can learn T-Wave lol), and putting roost in for slot 3 instead of heat wave. And, if you don't run heat wave you are free to run moves with his higher attack stat Smile So we can replace the calm nature with a careful nature, which will still give him 286 attack :0

So the final set looks like this...

RM Honchcrow Honchkrow

Honchkrow @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
Insomnia
240 HP, 160 Def, 100 Sp. Def, 8 Speed
~Toxic
~Thunderwave
~Roost
~Night Slash

Possible alternatives are using Heat Wave instead of T-Wave, and then changing Night Slash to Dark Pulse and giving him a calm nature.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
saxman1324

saxman1324

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:47 pm

EV's are what i was thinking, but i still see a decent status absorber with psycho shift if he has the right team. and other than coverage, i gave him the special moves in case of burn, so that he may still do damage. plus i dont see why it matters whether he outspeeds rhyperior or not. wont a neutral stone edge from a rhyperior OHKO anyways? if not then that speed looks good. if you like his double status user it looks good, but no matter what it will be a gimmicky idea. and im like 90% sure that it can learn Night Shade, which could at least get 100 damage on all types but normal which toxic will help with
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:56 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
EV's are what i was thinking, but i still see a decent status absorber with psycho shift if he has the right team. and other than coverage, i gave him the special moves in case of burn, so that he may still do damage. plus i dont see why it matters whether he outspeeds rhyperior or not. wont a neutral stone edge from a rhyperior OHKO anyways? if not then that speed looks good. if you like his double status user it looks good, but no matter what it will be a gimmicky idea. and im like 90% sure that it can learn Night Shade, which could at least get 100 damage on all types but normal which toxic will help with

Yeah, I was kinda thinking when I posted that that I prob wouldnt stay in on Rhy anyways, but still Psycho Shift really isn't the best option. Unless you went with a set like this...

Honchcrow @ Flame Orb
240 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 8 Speed, 8 Def
Insomnia
Calm
~Psycho Shift
~Roost
~Dark Pulse
~Heat Wave

This burns physical attackers without the use of the 75% accurate move, Will-o-Wisp. With the burn, you are free to max Sp. Def because you will essentially have a type resistance to every move they throw at you unless you are weak to it, in which case you should switch anyways. Sp. moves are because with the burn physical moves won't do much, and they provide good coverage. Roost helps keep you alive. Just make sure you have a good bulky water to take on heatran. The 8 Speed EVs are good here to burn Rhyperior before it can kill you with Stone Edge.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:

Yeah, I was kinda thinking when I posted that that I prob wouldnt stay in on Rhy anyways, but still Psycho Shift really isn't the best option. Unless you went with a set like this...

Honchcrow @ Flame Orb
240 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 8 Speed, 8 Def
Insomnia
Calm
~Psycho Shift
~Roost
~Dark Pulse
~Heat Wave

This burns physical attackers without the use of the 75% accurate move, Will-o-Wisp. With the burn, you are free to max Sp. Def because you will essentially have a type resistance to every move they throw at you unless you are weak to it, in which case you should switch anyways. Sp. moves are because with the burn physical moves won't do much, and they provide good coverage. Roost helps keep you alive. Just make sure you have a good bulky water to take on heatran. The 8 Speed EVs are good here to burn Rhyperior before it can kill you with Stone Edge.

well now we are back to the same idea, in which mine was just all status absorber. this one would be better for just plain burn, but other than times when you are already have the burn up, it just doesnt play the same. i think that the sets are just too similar and it is up to him to pick the best set
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:14 pm

lol yeah that's true... I just don't like the idea of psycho shifting when you are planning on intoxicating stuff anyways.

I think we gave him enough sets to choose from haha
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:40 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
Ye i like thats thanx man but im probably gonna be using heat wave/dark pulse instead of night slash in case i get burnt. Ide rather give up that little bit extra power in exchanfge to be safe when burnt. Or alternativly I could use something with armomatherapy with it i suppose
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Thans for all yout help guys Very Happy My full team shoud be ready in about a week if anyone wants to battle me then afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RM Honchcrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Honchcrow   RM Honchcrow Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Honchcrow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: