Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

should Umbreon be OU?

Go down 
+6
SebaSneakers
Shnoogle
mrcatz
Gir
Beastof2000
stevenhitman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
stevenhitman

stevenhitman

UT points : 5137

should Umbreon be OU? Empty
PostSubject: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Umbreon being OU is not a bad thing if you dont care
if is in OU or UU
Idk I still think Umbreon should be UU because common
OU like scizor or lucario can beat it really easy
because they both take dark move very good
I really like putting him in my UU team

Is not that I hate Umbreon is just that should Umbreon be OU?
scratch let me hear what you guys think

Last edited by stevenhitman on Thu May 13, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5841

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Well Smogon is based mostly on usage. However, I most definitely think it belongs in UU. They have so many other Sp.D walls in OU that are a whole lot better then Umbreon. (bliss is one)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6221

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:30 pm

On one hand, Umbreon is HUGE set-up fodder for Lucario, RestTalk Dos, DD Mence, DD Kingra etc. The popularity of Infernape, Lucario, Machamp and Scizor make his job of walling tougher, and while Sychronize helps with status, the only "reliable" form of recovery it has is Moonlight, also screwed by ScarfTar rise. On the other hand, he fills a nice niche by luring scizor, yawning it and protecting on the U-turn, or becoming a Curse tank.

I dont consider him worthy of OU, but if that makes people vote Moltres for BL, I`ll defend Umbreon as an OU at all costs
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8636
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Yeah L summed it up pretty well. It's biggest weakness is close combat and most pokes that carry it Wall umbreon really well
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7671

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Umbreon is way too powerful for UU, though. It can come in on virtually any special attacker, and with a proper mixed EV spread, several physical attackers in UU as well and easily set up a curse. Then, the only chance you have of breaking it is using a strong STAB fighting attack. And heal bell means attempts to toxic you are futile.

I agree with L, though. If Umbreon in OU means Moltres is BL, then I'm even more for Umbreon in OU.

He will just always be lost, switching between OU and UU... Never having a definite tier until possibly the 5th Gen
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5722

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:16 am

i think i should be uu
cause its worty for OU but i would be one of the worst Ou pokémon itjust walled by alot of other OU pokémon + im don't really like OU there all the same
all this talking about umbrion im going to get myself an umbrion om my new UU team Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Doof

Sir Doof

UT points : 5657

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:02 am

By Gen 5 :/ there might be even more fighting types that can take him out. Watch he goes down to NU lol
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5951

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:44 am

why not have him BL?
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander

ninetalescommander

UT points : 5659

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:52 am

As a user of Umbreon, I gonna have to say it belongs in UU
In my opinion, there is 3 reasons
1. There are loads of Fighting Types in OU as well as loads of Non-Fighting types that utilize fighting type moves
2. Umbreon can't really do much against fighting types, the only move that is the best choice is Return for neutral damage
3. Finally, its recovery move Moonlight. This move is sueful but is easily made useless with Tyranitar/Hippowdon's sandstream

Apart from that, Umbreon is a very useful pokemon that can be hard to KO in the right situation
Back to top Go down
smellmyskunk2

smellmyskunk2

UT points : 5078

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:28 pm

It should stay a UU, i dont think it can compete with other OU's
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander

ninetalescommander

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:58 pm

As a user of Umbreon, i'd have to say it belongs in UU for 3 reasons
1. There are loads of Fighting types roaming in the OU Metagame which Umbreon has a load of trouble with
2. When it comes to offense, Umbreon can be abit limited as its only Physical moves that are of note are Sucker Punch, Return. Pursuit and possibly Last resort
3. Its pretty much walled by Steel types which there are loads of in the OU metagame
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander

ninetalescommander

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 pm

ninetalescommander wrote:
As a user of Umbreon, i'd have to say it belongs in UU for 3 reasons
1. There are loads of Fighting types roaming in the OU Metagame which Umbreon has a load of trouble with
2. When it comes to offense, Umbreon can be abit limited as its only Physical moves that are of note are Sucker Punch, Return. Pursuit and possibly Last resort
3. Its pretty much walled by Steel types which there are loads of in the OU metagame

Lol, what do you know? I've already commented on this thread
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6221

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:03 pm

And you also double posted, yay for breaking the rules.

My opinion: keep Umbreon in OU till Moltres becomes BL, then move it back to UU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should Umbreon be OU?   should Umbreon be OU? Empty

Back to top Go down

should Umbreon be OU?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Discussion-
Jump to: