Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew

Go down 
+6
FreaKaz0id
Rover
cdplayar
Beastof2000
SebaSneakers
Shnoogle
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7711

So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew Empty
PostSubject: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:19 pm

I've got a bad case of lockjaw and I can hardly open my mouth =/

My mom says I've probably been grinding my teeth at night because I am stressed out. I'm not sure if the teeth grinding thing is what's causing it but I am stressed about school... I've been missing a lot lately and HSA week is coming up.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this horrible thing?
I've already tried a heating pad to relax the muscles around my left jaw (the side I cannot open... But as a result I cannot open the right side either) but of course it didn't work
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5762

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:00 am

Shnoogle wrote:
I've got a bad case of lockjaw and I can hardly open my mouth =/

My mom says I've probably been grinding my teeth at night because I am stressed out. I'm not sure if the teeth grinding thing is what's causing it but I am stressed about school... I've been missing a lot lately and HSA week is coming up.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this horrible thing?
I've already tried a heating pad to relax the muscles around my left jaw (the side I cannot open... But as a result I cannot open the right side either) but of course it didn't work
dont force it you might break your jaw :/
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5881

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:18 am

I have no idea Shnoogle. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7931

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:46 am

Awww that sucks man.
):
&& I have no clue to get rid of it.
Try slowly moving it around as much as possible.
If it CAN move that is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Well I can open my mouth like a half inch... barely enough to get a piece of pizza in. But yeah I'm not trying to force it, Seba, I don't want to break something.
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

UT points : 5328

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Sounds really bad. Never had anything like that before.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Rover wrote:

Well... It's not hard to talk because you don't have to open your mouth much to do that... but I literally cannot open my mouth wide enough to eat things like sandwiches and it is hard to eat anything crunchy like apples etc...
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Rover wrote:

Well... It's not hard to talk because you don't have to open your mouth much to do that... but I literally cannot open my mouth wide enough to eat things like sandwiches and it is hard to eat anything crunchy like apples etc...
Hmm... I've heard about it before. Can't you get lock jaw by doing something with rust?
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5741

PostSubject: Re:So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Hope you get better dude Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Maki

Maki

UT points : 5169

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:02 pm

You should rest your jaw. Don't try to eat anything hard or anything too large, avoid chewing gum, and try to avoid clenching it. You could try massaging your jaw with a circular motion at the joint, or you could try moving it back and forth. If you try the latter, do it very slowly until you're feeling comfortable enough to try it a little more quickly.

My mom has TMJ from time to time, and that's what the doctor tells her to do. It usually helps.

It doesn't really sound too serious, especially since I've gone through it before. I hope you feel better soon, though.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:53 am

Thanks I will try that Smile
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6557

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:38 am

Try cracking your jaw if you know how to do that.

If you don't, try slowly opening the bottom side of your mouth. Physically pull it down as low as it will go. Repeat this with the top side. As you massage your jaw from the outside (with your fingers) push upwards and downwards on the appropriate sides, to make it open wider. If it doesn't work, try to do this often, as it will loosen your jaw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:28 am

Elfar wrote:
Try cracking your jaw if you know how to do that.

If you don't, try slowly opening the bottom side of your mouth. Physically pull it down as low as it will go. Repeat this with the top side. As you massage your jaw from the outside (with your fingers) push upwards and downwards on the appropriate sides, to make it open wider. If it doesn't work, try to do this often, as it will loosen your jaw.

lol thanks Elfar I'll try that Smile
Back to top Go down
boris5000

boris5000

UT points : 6210

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:36 pm

contrary to popular belief, you can yawn with your mouth shut... Razz
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:23 pm

boris5000 wrote:
Lol, you can? :/
Back to top Go down
boris5000

boris5000

UT points : 6210

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Rover wrote:
boris5000 wrote:

Well I can yawn with my mouth shut. Although you pull a stupid face.
Back to top Go down
Maki

Maki

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:51 pm

boris5000 wrote:
Rover wrote:
boris5000 wrote:

Well I can yawn with my mouth shut. Although you pull a stupid face.
I can yawn with my mouth shut, too. Unfortunately, I end up clenching my jaw while doing that stupid face. It hurts, so I only do it to hide my boredom yawns. x3

Well, that was before I had my Wisdom Teeth removed. It's slightly easier to yawn with my mouth closed now, but it still hurts. ._.;
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, I really want to be able to let out the yawn I have been keeping in for a few days now and to do that I need to fully open my mouth of course =/

My mom bought me a night guard thing for my teeth so I don't grind them while I sleep... Hopefully that helps a bit
Back to top Go down
Maki

Maki

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:59 pm

It should help. If your jaw doesn't start feeling better within a week, you should probably go to the doctor. Leaving something unchecked for too long can end up being very harmful. :<
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5762

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:53 am

oooo blender
blend a pizza im curious how it wil taste =)
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:56 pm

SebaSneakers wrote:
oooo blender

lol maybe I'll put a bunch of eggs, bacon, and ham in the blender and make an Omelette for breakfast Smile
Back to top Go down
Maki

Maki

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
SebaSneakers wrote:
oooo blender

lol maybe I'll put a bunch of eggs, bacon, and ham in the blender and make an Omelette for breakfast Smile
Yum. Now I want one. ._.
Back to top Go down
leafshadow

leafshadow

UT points : 6453

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:40 pm

I really hope you feel better man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew   So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew Empty

Back to top Go down

So hard to eat...and yawn...and chew
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Reality :: Had a bad day...-
Jump to: