Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underrated Pokemon

Go down 
+5
nikodem123asdf
dragonmxz
Shnoogle
Enigma2Me
Aero of the Winds
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Aero of the Winds

Aero of the Winds

UT points : 5126

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:15 am

Having Smogon dominating tiers with their ideas, we all had a "What were they thinking?!" moment. Evil or Very Mad
They have underestimated so many Pokemon. Which Pokemon do you think are underrated?

I thought they underestimated Venusaur. To me, it was the ultimate stat inducer with Toxic, stun spore, Sleep powder,
and leech seed.

Blaziken is always in Infernape's shadow. It is really powerful with agility and choice scarf.
Back to top Go down
Enigma2Me

Enigma2Me

UT points : 5495

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:18 am

Not to be rude, but I THINK this should be in the Discussion Forum. Have someone move it.

On a side note, you do make a valid point. Some Pokemon are underrated.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7710

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:21 am

Empoleon is OU, but it is one of the most underrated sweepers out there... It comes in, uses agility to easily survive a hit, then subs down to its Petaya berry (unless the last attack made it consume it), at which point [censored (illegal)] is active. Then you sweep with +1 [censored (illegal)] boosted surfs from 353 Sp. Attack and Ice Beam or Grass Knot for coverage
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5990

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Heracross. Its incredibliey powerful but ever since scizor came in nobody wants to use the bug, in fact it might be moved down to BL becuse of how little usage it has.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5716

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Empoleon is OU, but it is one of the most underrated sweepers out there... It comes in, uses agility to easily survive a hit, then subs down to its Petaya berry (unless the last attack made it consume it), at which point [censored (illegal)] is active. Then you sweep with +1 [censored (illegal)] boosted surfs from 353 Sp. Attack and Ice Beam or Grass Knot for coverage

censoured again Very Happy it is just some pokemon are underrated cause they are a bit harder to use or have "better version" of itself tiers just sort them into categories you dont have to follow them if you dont like to. personally i use lower tier pokemon cause they are cute Razz i am not one of those people who are desperate to win... i play for fun (besides powning noobs/OU/Uber abusers on PBR is fun especially if you use monsters that are considered by smogon as weak and worthless and have your very own movesets on them)
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6260

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:03 pm

(There was no need to create the same thread twice dude -_-)

The real downfall of Heracross wasnt Scizor, buy Lucario. Lucario does everything Heracross does(except taking down Cresselia) way better, with better speed, more setting-up chances etc. Making a comparison, Heracross is like Volkswagen while Lucario is like Ferrari
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Yeah last round on shoddy people were talking about how Heracross may be dropped down. But if there is at least 1 person who uses a pokemon every 20 teams, it remains OU

Heracross has a few advantages over luke, though. Access to STAB megahorn, guts, and higher base attack, speed, defense, and special defense are always a good thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

UT points : 5328

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:23 pm

I think Sceptile and Houndoom are underestimated often, especially Sceptile. I've seen pretty frail Pokemon in OU/BL. Sceptile has the stats and the move pool to break out of UU (in my opinion at least).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sweetbitterdarkness
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6260

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Since when is Base 85 higher than base 90?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:18 pm

L wrote:
Since when is Base 85 higher than base 90?

oh yeah =P

Specs Sceptile is a monster in the UU battlefield... Not many pokemon can take a leaf storm. The reason that Sceptile isn't OU is because Latias is available as a fast Specs user, with a better movepool and better STAB. Plus, many pokemon in OU can take leaf storms, like Salamence, Heatran, Dragonite and mostly all of the steel types
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5990

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:23 pm

i think shiftry just for its sheer power on sunnyday teams should be put in UU now because of its ability during sunlight it easily outspeeds many pokemon. its fairly good stab and somewaht diverse movepool allow it to run a mixed, physical, or special set becuase of sunnydays effect. it can easily dominate with a nastyplot or Swords Dance set and your oppoonet won't kniw which counter to switch in, if they scout by protecting than thats just free set up. really, a great pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Well yeah I guess SpecsTile has its downsides, but what about physical sets? I'm sure they're plenty useful and a nice little surprise every now and then. I use this set personally:

Sceptile@Life Orb/Leftovers/Expert Belt
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Earthquake
-Crunch/Thunderpunch/Dragon Claw

I actually have three of them with a different move in the last slot. The former and latter of the three seem to work wonders though. Crunch or Dragon Claw could 2KO or OHKO Latias with +2Atk after Stealth Rock damage. The OHKO may be obtained with the Life Orb however after +2Atk.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Ive seen a fair amount of physical sceptile sets. They actually are quite effective because if they switch in on a pokemon like claydol, it isn't likely they would stay in... So as they switch to altaria to take the leaf storm, they see a SD and then a dragon claw

For UU, rock slide is the best option in the last slot for moltres and other flyers... It gives you the ground/rock combo and then you have STAB leaf blade as your main sweeping tool.
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

UT points : 5211

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Sweetness wrote:
Well yeah I guess SpecsTile has its downsides, but what about physical sets? I'm sure they're plenty useful and a nice little surprise every now and then. I use this set personally:

Sceptile@Life Orb/Leftovers/Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Earthquake
-Crunch/Thunderpunch/Dragon Claw

I actually have three of them with a different move in the last slot. The former and latter of the three seem to work wonders though. Crunch or Dragon Claw could 2KO or OHKO Latias with +2Atk after Stealth Rock damage. The OHKO may be obtained with the Life Orb however after +2Atk.

I use mine a bit differently since I usually play doubles.
Sceptile@Choice Band
EV:s 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4HP
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-T-Punch
-Earthquake

It's Banded because it's paired with a Reflect/Light Screen Latias. An example is shown below.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Sweetness

Sweetness

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:11 am

For doubles, I could just use a SD set paired with a Follow-Me Togekiss after screens and whatnot. If just the Togekiss, I'd add more bulk to it instead of relying on screen support. Either way, I much prefer the SD-set over CB-Set solely for the freedom of move choice and more boosts, given the opportunity.

Shnoogle~ I actually completely forgot about Rock Slide, due to Thunderpunch being able to snag those KOs on said fliers with +2 Atk, and a 4* hit on Mantine. In OU, it also gets a 2* hit on Skarmory and 4* hit on Gyarados, whereas Rock Slide does neutral and 2* damage respectively.
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

UT points : 5211

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:19 am

Sweetness wrote:
For doubles, I could just use a SD set paired with a Follow-Me Togekiss after screens and whatnot. If just the Togekiss, I'd add more bulk to it instead of relying on screen support. Either way, I much prefer the SD-set over CB-Set solely for the freedom of move choice and more boosts, given the opportunity.

Shnoogle~ I actually completely forgot about Rock Slide, due to Thunderpunch being able to snag those KOs on said fliers with +2 Atk, and a 4* hit on Mantine. In OU, it also gets a 2* hit on Skarmory and 4* hit on Gyarados, whereas Rock Slide does neutral and 2* damage respectively.

I personally don't like FollowKiss but to each his own. Discharge, Heat Wave, etc are all moves that make Follow Me pretty much useless. To me this way get's me the maximum damage in the minimum time. Latias also has Helping Hand just in case I need to hit something extra hard.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Sweetness

Sweetness

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:30 am

Well in the case of helping hand, I'd throw in a Life Orb instead of Choice Band, unless a Choice Band is absolutely necessary. Sceptile's pretty frail as it is anyway, so there's no harm in using the Life Orb. The quicker its HP whittles, the quicker it'll be able to activate Overgrow, for more powerful Leaf Blades, albeit until it kamikazes itself with Life Orb recoil.
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5761

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:17 am

dragonmxz wrote:
Heracross. Its incredibliey powerful but ever since scizor came in nobody wants to use the bug, in fact it might be moved down to BL becuse of how little usage it has.
agree heracross is my favorite pokémon!!!!
but i only battle UU and NU so i can't use him cause he's OU i have it on my OU team but i like never play OU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Underrated Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Pokemon   Underrated Pokemon Empty

Back to top Go down

Underrated Pokemon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: