Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate my Mono Water team

Go down 
+2
mrcatz
ExSolstice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

UT points : 5220

Rate my Mono Water team Empty
PostSubject: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Well guys im bringing you my Mono Water team since it needs some improvements. But before I make those changes I would love to hear what you guys have to say.

ShellShock the Blastoise@Leftovers
Ability: T orrent
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Aqua Jet
-Fake Out
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
Always start with ShellShock. Fake Out breaks sashes, Aqua Jet for Priority, EQ to cover weakness. Might switch him out for someone who could use this set better, like Floatzel. Since Floatzel can't carry Earthquake I might go with Sharpedo instead.

LapDance the Lapras@Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
-Toxic
-Waterfall
-Ice Shard
-Curse
A Trick Room counter since this team relies on speed. Curse for Attack+Defense Boost, Ice Shard for priority, Waterfall for STAB. Toxic to cripple Walls.

TehToed the Politoed@Choice Scarf
Ability: Damp
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
Ah my Special Sweeper, pretty much the standard set for it. Surf for STAB and replenishes LapDance and Crown's HP. Ice Beam for Flying and Grass, Psychic for Fighting and Poison, Focus Blast for Steels and Dark.

Crown the Vaporeon@Damp Rock
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 152 HP / 100 Def / 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp Def
-Rain Dance
-Water Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Fake Tears
This set might surprise a lot of people. Vaporeon might not have enough defense EV's to survive alot, but it acts like a decoy more than wish/sub. Rain Dance to activate the parties Swift Swim and STAB boosts. Water Pulse to protect the party due to one other poke having water absorb(LapDance), Fake Tears for crippling Special walls(BLISSEY! D:) Milotic doesn't hit hard enough to KO before I get 3 Tears off.

Sickle the Kabutops@Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Night Slash
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-Superpower
Physical sweeper. Not really much to say, Stone Edge and Waterfall for STAB, Night Slash takes care of Pesky Ghosts and Psychic types that usually OHKO Sickle. Superpower for Normies, Steels and Darks.

Scales the Kingdra@White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Protect

[color=blue]Another Special Sweeper of sorts. It actually hits harder than TehToed. White Herb is there mainly for Draco so I don't have to switch out. Surf for STAB and Water Absorb(Lapras & Crown), Ice Beam for a filler. Protect is there just in case TehToed is locked into Surf or if I correctly predict something.

Here i'll place some videos of this team in action.

This one has Riivolution so it replaces the background music

This one has my poor narration in it:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8684
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:52 pm

well if this team is based off rain dance, I think you need 1 or two more pokes with it. Otherwise I think it looks pretty good
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:00 pm

mrcatz wrote:
well if this team is based off rain dance, I think you need 1 or two more pokes with it. Otherwise I think it looks pretty good

It doesn't neccessarily need Rain Dance to function well.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5725

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Three words "ZAPPED BY THUNDERBOLT" you need one of those bulky ground water types like quagsire or swampert or the most annoying grass type ta-ta da ludicolo if you preffer not to hear :"ENERGY BALL HITS" as much
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7719

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:17 pm

I don't understand why you don't have surf on vaporeon instead of water pulse... most people will just switch if the 30% confusion rate happens, and you don't have any spikes/stealth rock for making fake tears work either, so that move is pretty much useless as well.

Yawn is cool for sleeping something so you can get rain dance up (put that over fake tears) and Surf > Water Pulse

Swords dance > Night slash... A STAB Stone Edge does the same amount of damage as a super effective Night Slash so there isn't any use for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
I don't understand why you don't have surf on vaporeon instead of water pulse... most people will just switch if the 30% confusion rate happens, and you don't have any spikes/stealth rock for making fake tears work either, so that move is pretty much useless as well.

Yawn is cool for sleeping something so you can get rain dance up (put that over fake tears) and Surf > Water Pulse

Swords dance > Night slash... A STAB Stone Edge does the same amount of damage as a super effective Night Slash so there isn't any use for it.

It's a doubles team. Attacks that hit multiple people get cut in half (Earthquake would do 50 damage to each instead of 100). So Water Pulse would do more damage but to one pokemon. Also, not all of my pokemon have Water Absorb or Protect so surf would damage them as well.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6269

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Actually, it doesnt get cut by half, it gets to to 75% of the original BP
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:30 pm

L wrote:
Actually, it doesnt get cut by half, it gets to to 75% of the original BP

Hmm I thought it was half. I still have to have it there because it hits everyone but the user. Maybe Hydro Pump or Muddy Water since it doesn't hit my Ally poke.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:23 am

moves like surf ,EQ or discharge hit every target with full power
moves like swift, muddy water or heat wave hit both targets with 75%of power unless there is only one target left or attack killed faster of 2 pokes then it has full power
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6269

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:43 am

The game coding dictates that, in doubles, if a move hits 2 targets, the power gets cut to 75%, it makes no distinctions
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:56 am

checked again Very Happy it seems that attacks like EQ/surf always deal 75%damage to the target while moves like swift deal 75% of they usual damage most of the time (100% if there is only one pokemon left or if faster of 2 gets KO'd then the slower takes 100% damage)
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:30 am

nikodem123asdf wrote:
checked again Very Happy it seems that attacks like EQ/surf always deal 75%damage to the target while moves like swift deal 75% of they usual damage most of the time (100% if there is only one pokemon left or if faster of 2 gets KO'd then the slower takes 100% damage)

You guys have to remember that Surf and EQ hits my ally pokemon as well. Which is a bad thing considering that Lapras and Vaporeon are the only two with Water Absorb. I might add a Mantine and Sharpedo; Scarf the latter. That way I can EQ safely without reprocussion. Also I guess I can stick protect onto all of them so I can be able to surf freely
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5773

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:22 pm

How about avalanche instead of Ice punch?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Mono Water team   Rate my Mono Water team Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate my Mono Water team
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: