Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latias Uber!

Go down 
+19
frynaut
smellmyskunk2
Beastof2000
ExSolstice
dragonmxz
owned
leafshadow
Administrator
CaseyR
Shnoogle
Neku
mrcatz
SoulSilverHeartGold
Nagi-Nagi
UxieFTW
boris5000
FreaKaz0id
Gir
Dwaggy.
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5951

Latias Uber! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:22 pm

is anyone willing to bet that Machamp use will rise as well? Sad
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8636
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:27 pm

If mence becomes uber then I'll have no hope for my OU team. Every poke I try to make is crushed down Sad

Oh and Uutton, I'm gonna miss nebula
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

UT points : 5172

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:27 pm

My Dual Screening Latias will be replaced by, well a dual screening Cresselia.
Not sure about my Mence though. Probably a Flygon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:30 pm

ExSolstice wrote:
My Dual Screening Latias will be replaced by, well a dual screening Cresselia.
Not sure about my Mence though. Probably a Flygon.

Oh I forgot about flygon. There is still hope Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:40 pm

no love for dragonite?
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:43 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
no love for dragonite?

I love all the dragonz (except garchomp, once you catch him just restart your game cuz it will become too easy)
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5841

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:18 am

I saw this on Smogon a week ago. Didn't bother posting it. I was to depressed. All my teams have Latias in it. If anyone wants to battle me please take note I "use" Latias because I follow a different tier system for sure for now on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
smellmyskunk2

smellmyskunk2

UT points : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:55 am

yer it is, i cant belive it is. If Latias is uber all the regis should be. I think if it is holding a soul dew it should be uber but it sucks, oh well, im still gonna use mine, i just wont use it in my ou team anymore.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7671

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Ah... where to start...

I'm personally glad that Latias is Uber. It preforms very well in that environment and it over centralized the meta game far too much.

Now, for those of you saying why is Froslass BL? Well, the reason is that it set up spikes way too easily and could spin block its own spikes, falling under the support characteristic. Pokemon don't have to have amazing offensive stats to be good, guys, they just have to fill a specific role and play it well. Froslass over centralized the meta game so much that almost every lead was tailored to beat it, and even then it could backfire if the Froslass had Destiny Bond. While Froslass was in UU, the strategy was basically - have Froslass set up 2 layers minimum of Spikes, then bring in a Donphan to set up Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin away other Spikes, then have a major stall war. Froslass deserved the boot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
frynaut

frynaut

UT points : 5470

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:20 pm

To be honest, I'm surprised that Quagsire is NU. I was thinking of it as a UU.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/frynaut
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:29 pm

if its just for spikes then maybe they should just ban that specific set and keep it in, or just take away its ability to spike, but only in the UU metagame because in Bl, quite frankly, nobody is going to use it aside from a very few people
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6221

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:50 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
if its just for spikes then maybe they should just ban that specific set and keep it in, or just take away its ability to spike, but only in the UU metagame because in Bl, quite frankly, nobody is going to use it aside from a very few people
If they banned sets instead of pokemons, the Uber list would be ridiculous, there would be way too many variables. Besides, theres no BL metagame
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:57 pm

Thats what i mean, its too weak for OU but can't be used in UU so its almost completley pointless.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:23 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
Thats what i mean, its too weak for OU but can't be used in UU so its almost completley pointless.

It isn't too weak for OU... power wise, yes of course 80 base special attack is bad. However, unless you face a lead aerodactyl, its immunity to fake out and fast speed means two layers of spikes are almost guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:04 pm

And considering everyone and thier mother learn SR, you can always carry another pokemon that knows it, maybe Swampert due to his ability to check DD Mence
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:14 pm

you both have a point, i just hate the BL tier in general becuase once a poke goes their, its chances of being used decreases drastically, because everybody is just going to look at the OU leads. it pisses me off to see pokes get unused like that, especially when their good enuff for OU. to this day i have not seen anyone use a Staraptor on things like Shoddy.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Most thing that are not in the OU tier have a reason for that. In Staraptor case, SR+SS+2 recoild moves+pathetic defenses make switching even into resisted attacks difficult
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:36 pm

L wrote:
Most thing that are not in the OU tier have a reason for that. In Staraptor case, SR+SS+2 recoild moves+pathetic defenses make switching even into resisted attacks difficult

Exactly. Salamence has better typing, stronger attack, and better attacks in general... It also is bulkier.

The point about Raptor is that it is just outclassed. If it was perhaps a Flying / Fighting pokemon with STAB on Close Combat I bet it would be used much more.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6047

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:34 pm

I doubt Latias will stay in Ubers. The only reason it made it there was because of people using new original movesets for it (bulky, offensive, etc.). Just hope for people to use the same old choice set and it will come back to OU
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:47 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
I doubt Latias will stay in Ubers. The only reason it made it there was because of people using new original movesets for it (bulky, offensive, etc.). Just hope for people to use the same old choice set and it will come back to OU

Hey hey it's Saxman =P

I think that Latias was placed in Uber because of the Choice Specs set, actually... it also, quite obviously, over-centralized the meta game and OU is just better off w/out it
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:

Hey hey it's Saxman =P

I think that Latias was placed in Uber because of the Choice Specs set, actually... it also, quite obviously, over-centralized the meta game and OU is just better off w/out it

yeah im back for the weekend sorta. and while the choice specs set was strong, if they locked themselves into something too early in the battle it really cripples the latias in the long run trying switch out of it
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5841

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:07 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:

Hey hey it's Saxman =P

yeah im back for the weekend sorta. and while the choice specs set was strong, if they locked themselves into something too early in the battle it really cripples the latias in the long run trying switch out of it
SAXXXXXXY! Your finally back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Beastof2000 wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:

Hey hey it's Saxman =P

SAXXXXXXY! Your finally back! Very Happy

haha yeah wrong place to do this...
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

UT points : 5289

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:38 pm

Latias Uber? That's so not cool. I had my team centralized around her. Now I need either a new wall or a Psycho-Shifter. Total bummer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sweetbitterdarkness
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6822

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Sweetness wrote:
Latias Uber? That's so not cool. I had my team centralized around her. Now I need either a new wall or a Psycho-Shifter. Total bummer.

I think that's what Smogon wanted to stop. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Latias Uber!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next