Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mafia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiffy

UT points : 5086

Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Mafia   Mafia EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 pm

NOTE: I apologize if there is already a thread for this game. I typed "Mafia" in the searchbar and no results were found, so I'm creating this thread.

Hello everyone. I'm here to introduce a new (I think) game to this forum. This game is called "Mafia". Some of you may be familier with this game.

This is a teambased strategy game where an informed minority faces off against an uninformed majority. There are two different teams; the Mafia and the villagers. The villagers want to eliminate all of the Mafia, and the Mafia's goal is to kill all villagers.
Here's how to play:
1.) The host (which is me) picks a few users to be the Mafia. In case you plan to host a Mafia game in the future, take note that the Mafia faction must be somewhere around 1/5 of the number of people playing. For example, if there are 20 people playing, four of these people will be the Mafia. Everyone who is Mafia will be informed of who is on their team, but villagers have no idea.
2.) There are two phases each round. The Day Phase is where all players cast a vote to lynch someone. Villagers will be looking to lynch the Mafia, and Mafians should always try to blend in with the village so they don't look suspicious. The person with the most votes after the Day Phase (which normally lasts 48 hours, to give everyone playing a chance to vote, or until majority is reached) will be lynched (or removed) from the game.
The Night Phase is when all night actions (I'll get to them later) take place. In the Night Phase, the Mafia's must converse together on who to kill from the village. The Night Phase also takes 48 hours, or until the host receives all night actions.
3.) Each player will be notified by PM of their role and faction in the game as soon as the game starts. Also, each player will always have some kind of night action, or they could have an extra piece of information to start with in the game. Some common roles in Mafia are Bodyguard and Inspector. Every night, the bodyguard sends a PM to the host stating who they will "protect". If this user is targeted for a kill that night, the kill will fail. An inspector sends the host a PM stating who they want to inspect. By the end of the night (when all night actions are performed) the inspector will know the role and faction of the person they inspected. The actions executed by the Bodyguard and Inspector are called "Night Actions." The following is a sample Role PM that a player might recieve in a Mafia game:

Dear (user), you are Michael Jackson.
You are part of the Village faction.
The Kind of Pop, you are a worldwide legend. Hit songs such as Thriller, Beat it, and P.Y.T graced the charts and all of your fans.
Every night, you can PM your host, saying "Dance with (user)", (user) being a Uuttitan member playing the game. You will dance with this user, and will find out his role PM and faction by the end of the night
You win if the Village faction eliminates all or the Mafia.

As you can see, it goes something like this

First line: Formal greeting telling the user who they are in the game
Second line: Explaining what faction they are apart of
Third-Fifth line: Brief backround description of the character they are
Sixth-Seventh line: Thorough explanation of their night action and/or what information they posess at the start of the game
Eighth line: Win condition

This is basicly how the Role PM's will be structured. Note that some players may have more than one night action.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Please sign up for the game if you're interested. In the game I will be hosting, there are ten spots available.
- DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS GAME IF YOU DON'T PLAN ON BEING ON THIS FORUM AT LEAST ONCE OR TWICE EVERY TWO DAYS!!! If you are found to be inactive in the game, you will be removed from the game without hesitation

If you have any questions whatsoever about the game, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
AnjuTehDarkBunny

AnjuTehDarkBunny

UT points : 5239

Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia   Mafia EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:17 am

I wanna be in the Mafia!
Lets kick some @$$
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6607

Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia   Mafia EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 pm

sure ill join but i dont wanna be part of the spagetti mafia
Back to top Go down
Psyneko

UT points : 5640

Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia   Mafia EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Oh oh I love da M Suspect afia
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyneku
Spiffy

UT points : 5086

Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia   Mafia EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Update: I'll begin the game when we have ten players.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5990

Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia   Mafia EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:25 pm

ok ill show some support and join.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia   Mafia Empty

Back to top Go down