Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DreamZong

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5732

DreamZong Empty
PostSubject: DreamZong   DreamZong EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:34 pm

I really like this idea, it's original and it can work, I guess...

DreamZong D1HSy
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EV's: 252 Sp.Att / 126 Def / 126 Sp. Def
~Hypnosis
~Dream Eater
~Flash Cannon
~Charge Beam/Grass Knot

I'm going to explain it all, let's start with the main combo of this Bronzong, of course, starting with Hypnosis, and then, I'll go to Dream Eater if it's not a Dark Type, if it is, then I'll go Flash Cannon (that is there because of stab, and stuff, you know), and then I have the other attacks, just to be in there. I can't decide between Charge Beam and Grass Knot. Charge Beam can increase my Sp.Att, but Grass Knot takes care of Ground Pokemon, since I have the ability Heatproof.

Why did I choose the ability Heatproof you ask?
Well because one of the dangerous counters of this, is Infernape, has great speed, and can learn Flare Blitz/Fire Blast , it pretty much says it all.

Ok, I guess I said it all, I'm hoping for strong criticism from you part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6086

DreamZong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DreamZong   DreamZong EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 pm

FreaKaz0id wrote:
I really like this idea, it's original and it can work, I guess...

DreamZong D1HSy
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EV's: 252 Sp.Att / 126 Def / 126 Sp. Def
~Hypnosis
~Dream Eater
~Flash Cannon
~Charge Beam/Grass Knot

You get absolutely no bulk with this set and the defensive evs are next to useless, especially seeing as Bronzong has a paltry base HP in the first place. Also, as soon as you put the opponents pokemon to sleep, any skilled player would switch. Meaning you've just wasted a turn where you have to switch that they can set up in.

I'm going to explain it all, let's start with the main combo of this Bronzong, of course, starting with Hypnosis, and then, I'll go to Dream Eater if it's not a Dark Type, if it is, then I'll go Flash Cannon (that is there because of stab, and stuff, you know), and then I have the other attacks, just to be in there. I can't decide between Charge Beam and Grass Knot. Charge Beam can increase my Sp.Att, but Grass Knot takes care of Ground Pokemon, since I have the ability Heatproof.

Why did I choose the ability Heatproof you ask?
Well because one of the dangerous counters of this, is Infernape, has great speed, and can learn Flare Blitz/Fire Blast , it pretty much says it all.

Wow, you beat Infernape. Then you lose to any pokemon that can learn earthquake with good attack in the game (Hi T-Tar, Hi Mence ^-^)

Ok, I guess I said it all, I'm hoping for strong criticism from you part.

Also because of bronzongs low speed, grass know won't even matter. When even an unboosted Golem can outspeed and OHKO it. I reccomend just giving it Occa Berry and Levitate. If you decide not to scrap this idea in the first place.
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

DreamZong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DreamZong   DreamZong EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Dam :-/
I really wanted to use use this but ok...
How about Gardevoir, do you think it could do the job?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

UT points : 5090

DreamZong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DreamZong   DreamZong EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Really next to nothing can make good use of Dream Eater. Since most players play with Sleep Clause, that means once their pokemon takes sleep, they're going to switch it out so it isn't set up fodder. This means the turn you are using Dream Eater, you're doing it against a pokemon who is not asleep, and therefore you wasted a turn doing nothing. And Dream Eater also requires 2 move slots to even be used, one move can only be used on one pokemon, and the other can only be used on that very same pokemon. It also only gets 10 base power more than regular Psychic, and much like Psychic, it has terrible type coverage and will do peanuts to most pokemon anyway.
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

DreamZong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DreamZong   DreamZong EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
Really next to nothing can make good use of Dream Eater. Since most players play with Sleep Clause, that means once their pokemon takes sleep, they're going to switch it out so it isn't set up fodder. This means the turn you are using Dream Eater, you're doing it against a pokemon who is not asleep, and therefore you wasted a turn doing nothing. And Dream Eater also requires 2 move slots to even be used, one move can only be used on one pokemon, and the other can only be used on that very same pokemon. It also only gets 10 base power more than regular Psychic, and much like Psychic, it has terrible type coverage and will do peanuts to most pokemon anyway.
Yeah, I didn't thought on the Sleep Clause, that's good thinking there Smile
But it would be a cool strategy, if it weren't for the Sleep Clause.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

DreamZong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DreamZong   DreamZong EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:17 am

If it wasn't for sleep clause, I'm pretty sure people would more often carry a sleep absorber in some form and switch it in more frequently against things that carry sleep (even with zong's 60 accuracy sleep move it's still a common candidate for it).

I mean it's original and all, but Dream Eater is a pretty terrible attack.
Back to top Go down
Sunset_Michael

Sunset_Michael

UT points : 5242

DreamZong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DreamZong   DreamZong EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:16 pm

If I were I would start it with a Mean Lock then go you the Sleep Tatic so you may want to have Defense and Special Defense Evs on it to make sure you can survive any attacks for at least 2 turns
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sunsetmichael
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

DreamZong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DreamZong   DreamZong EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:56 pm

if you're going to set up for 3 turns, you better be doing something better than unleashing a 150 power giga drain with worse type coverage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DreamZong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DreamZong   DreamZong Empty

Back to top Go down

DreamZong
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: