The Uuttitan Community Forums
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Salamence is now Uber~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Momo

avatar

Posts : 1944
UT points : 4245
Join date : 2009-07-31
Age : 91
Location : in brawl owning n00bs

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:50 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
It makes more sense for Salamence to be Uber than Manaphy and Wynaut.
manaphy should stay uber but whynaut no no
Back to top Go down
Neku

avatar

Posts : 248
UT points : 3333
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 22
Location : Whoville

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:00 pm

I understand that "Salamence has no safe switch in, durrrrrrr." But ffs, pardon my French, he wasn't some unstoppable force. In most competitive games there are gonna be people that same so and so are "broken" but just because they are good doesn't mean that they need to be banned or taken to extreme measures just to cease the QQing. Metagames adapt for a reason, and half the people I played who utilized Mence couldn't even use him right, believe it or not.

Meh, no use crying over spilled milk lol. That was rage mode activated, or semi rage...hmmmm anyway I hate Flygon and Dragonite lol Latias and Mence were the only cool Ou dragons. I hope that this will make Metagross better in the Meta considering he hasnt been too good as of late. Getting rid of Latias helped but getting rid of mence is awesome for him.
Back to top Go down
UNR3AL12

avatar

Posts : 143
UT points : 3467
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:48 pm

I think it's ridiculous and I hate Smogon for taking away one of my favorite pokes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/UNR3AL12
Gir

avatar

Posts : 534
UT points : 3898
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14 pm

UNR3AL12 wrote:
I think it's ridiculous and I hate Smogon for taking away one of my favorite pokes.
3 words: Deal with it.
Do I dislike getting Mance banned?Yes
Did I enjoy using him? Yes
Do I think it is a fair ban? Well...yes.

Think about it, how was the metagme when Garchomp was OU? I`ve written that over and over again, so I wont repeat it.

Now, think about it. What happened when Mence got Outrage?. The only real way to kill him were revenge kills, you HAD to sacrifice someone to take most Mence down. The amount of safe switch-ins was literally 0, not even P2, the best Mence "check" stood a chance again a Draco Meteor. The main problem was not Outrage, however, but Mence combination of bulk, attaking stats, speed and movepool that made it way too dangerous for OU.
Now, think about the possibilites with Mence gone. Dragonite, a Pokemon who once was entirely outclassed by Mence now has a chance to shine., many UU Pokes will have a chance to live in OU, the amount of doors opened by Mence now in Ubers is overwhelming

_________________


Dan hitted the nail on how Gen V metagame is gonna be:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
EliOceans

avatar

Posts : 18
UT points : 2962
Join date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 pm

oniongravy64 wrote:
Do I really care? No, not really.

If I want to use a Salamence in future I will be doing - and I suspect I'm not the only one thinking that way.

This why I prefer common sense tiering as opposed to Smogon telling me what the tiers are.

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

avatar

Posts : 1982
UT points : 6313
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 22
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:55 pm

EliOceans wrote:
oniongravy64 wrote:
Do I really care? No, not really.

If I want to use a Salamence in future I will be doing - and I suspect I'm not the only one thinking that way.

This why I prefer common sense tiering as opposed to Smogon telling me what the tiers are.

Pretty much.

please don't do 2 word posts that son't add to the discussion
Back to top Go down
Feralihater



Posts : 30
UT points : 2712
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:22 am

oniongravy64 wrote:
Do I really care? No, not really.

If I want to use a Salamence in future I will be doing - and I suspect I'm not the only one thinking that way.

This why I prefer common sense tiering as opposed to Smogon telling me what the tiers are.
I second this comment. I feel that if we as members of uuttitan want to use a pokemon, then nothing should be stopping us. Smogon does not need to dictate what we can and cannot use. This is why I believe that uuttitan should use its own tiers when battling.
Back to top Go down
leafshadow

avatar

Posts : 1254
UT points : 4090
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 24
Location : toronto/Ontario

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:33 am

Feralihater wrote:
oniongravy64 wrote:
Do I really care? No, not really.

If I want to use a Salamence in future I will be doing - and I suspect I'm not the only one thinking that way.

This why I prefer common sense tiering as opposed to Smogon telling me what the tiers are.
I second this comment. I feel that if we as members of uuttitan want to use a pokemon, then nothing should be stopping us. Smogon does not need to dictate what we can and cannot use. This is why I believe that uuttitan should use its own tiers when battling.
We HAD our own teirs but it died and was scrapped some time after.
Back to top Go down
UNR3AL12

avatar

Posts : 143
UT points : 3467
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:36 am

Gir wrote:
UNR3AL12 wrote:
I think it's ridiculous and I hate Smogon for taking away one of my favorite pokes.
3 words: Deal with it.
Do I dislike getting Mance banned?Yes
Did I enjoy using him? Yes
Do I think it is a fair ban? Well...yes.

Think about it, how was the metagme when Garchomp was OU? I`ve written that over and over again, so I wont repeat it.

Now, think about it. What happened when Mence got Outrage?. The only real way to kill him were revenge kills, you HAD to sacrifice someone to take most Mence down. The amount of safe switch-ins was literally 0, not even P2, the best Mence "check" stood a chance again a Draco Meteor. The main problem was not Outrage, however, but Mence combination of bulk, attaking stats, speed and movepool that made it way too dangerous for OU.
Now, think about the possibilites with Mence gone. Dragonite, a Pokemon who once was entirely outclassed by Mence now has a chance to shine., many UU Pokes will have a chance to live in OU, the amount of doors opened by Mence now in Ubers is overwhelming

Fair enough...but still, I'm gonna miss my epic SpecsMence
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/UNR3AL12
Neku

avatar

Posts : 248
UT points : 3333
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 22
Location : Whoville

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:19 pm

So I wanted to see what the new meta was like so I got on shoddy and what do I see, Stall, Stall, st-NO WAIT! Nope, more stall. And then I saw wilechase made a video on the new meta and what not and he says the new meta is fire/water/grass pokemon. So that's kinda cool I guess. It makes shaymin and venusaur more viable in OU. So Fire/Water/Grass pokes and stall.

I liked using mence and all, but it's a pain that I need to make a new team now since all my other teams are obsolete. Atleast Mence going uber gives a more diverse meta.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

avatar

Posts : 884
UT points : 3628
Join date : 2010-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Alameda, California

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:37 pm

well thtas on shoddy. you battle on DS, no one will be using stall due to the fact that it takes to long.
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3238
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:51 pm

I don't feel that GArchomp or Salamence should be considered an uber. I think any good poke with Ice Shard will be able to effortlessly take one down. Save the Uber tier for truly overpowered pokemon, Smogon
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

avatar

Posts : 433
UT points : 4197
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : underworld

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:59 pm

JeSus wrote:
I don't feel that GArchomp or Salamence should be considered an uber. I think any good poke with Ice Shard will be able to effortlessly take one down. Save the Uber tier for truly overpowered pokemon, Smogon
they are both uber for reasons
They both overcentralize the metagame
I already told u about chomp
Mence just has no counters, except like extremely gimmicky sets like scarf cress, which was made just to kill mence
And almost nothing that counters dd mence counters mixmence, and vice versa
stab d-meteor + outrage hurts a lot
And there's not much that can take too
And what's with u and ice shard
Ice shard is a move, not a counter
there's no poke that can learn ice shard that can live a hit from mixmence at all
Mamo gets owned by fire blast, weavile also gets owned by it, etc
donphan's ice shard doesnt even kill mence in 1 hit
Also, they can always switch out of ice shard, its not like pursuit which traps the poke in
And ull end up just losing more pokes just to bring an ice sharder in and revenge kill
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

avatar

Posts : 717
UT points : 3402
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:53 pm

I still don't understand why we just don't ban certain sets, the only sets I only see people whine about is DD Salamence and SD Garchomp, other than those I really don't see the uber-level danger of those 2 dragons. I know alot of people want DD on Flygon next gen, but if that happens he'll probably be uber next. I really don't think they be so over-used if smogon didn't prop them up so much.
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3238
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
JeSus wrote:
I don't feel that GArchomp or Salamence should be considered an uber. I think any good poke with Ice Shard will be able to effortlessly take one down. Save the Uber tier for truly overpowered pokemon, Smogon
they are both uber for reasons
They both overcentralize the metagame
I already told u about chomp
Mence just has no counters, except like extremely gimmicky sets like scarf cress, which was made just to kill mence
And almost nothing that counters dd mence counters mixmence, and vice versa
stab d-meteor + outrage hurts a lot
And there's not much that can take too
And what's with u and ice shard
Ice shard is a move, not a counter
there's no poke that can learn ice shard that can live a hit from mixmence at all
Mamo gets owned by fire blast, weavile also gets owned by it, etc
donphan's ice shard doesnt even kill mence in 1 hit
Also, they can always switch out of ice shard, its not like pursuit which traps the poke in
And ull end up just losing more pokes just to bring an ice sharder in and revenge kill
I thinkthe reason why I'm not really bothered by either pokemon is because I play doubles, and that pretty much means you have 8 moves, so it's pretty easy to always have a counter to mence and Chomp
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

avatar

Posts : 433
UT points : 4197
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : underworld

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:11 pm

doubles is completely different
there's no tier lists for doubles
so yeah
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3238
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
OK guys... Salamence is Uber because it has no Counter, not because it is speedy and powerful... No Pokémon can safely switch into it because every Pokémon is either fainted in 1 or two hits with the appropriate move.

Tyranitar becoming banned? You guys are crazy haha... T-Tar cannot go mixed near as efficiently as Salamence, nor is he as fast. Plus, Salamence has a way better ability and a typing that doesn't have 7 weaknesses.
Yeah, but a good Ice Shard can OHKO him easily
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3238
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
doubles is completely different
there's no tier lists for doubles
so yeah
Uh...yeah there is...
You can't use a bunch of Darkrais in Doubles and not have your team be an Ubers team. Doubles works exactly the same. The tiers system is meant to take into account all possible usages of a pokemon, including a trickroom team and doubles
Back to top Go down
Gir

avatar

Posts : 534
UT points : 3898
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:47 pm

JeSus wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
doubles is completely different
there's no tier lists for doubles
so yeah
Uh...yeah there is...
You can't use a bunch of Darkrais in Doubles and not have your team be an Ubers team. Doubles works exactly the same. The tiers system is meant to take into account all possible usages of a pokemon, including a trickroom team and doubles
Actually, nope. Tiers are designed specifically for the standard metagame:
6vs6
Lv100
Standard Clauses
Singles

_________________


Dan hitted the nail on how Gen V metagame is gonna be:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Salamence is now Uber~   

Back to top Go down
 
Salamence is now Uber~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Uber Alles
» Uber Lag Monster
» D3 Keys and Uber's Info
» [Uber] Tournament
» Help: becoming uber character

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Discussion-
Jump to: