Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a team for hot summer days?

Go down 
+6
toasatoshi3
infernoflash
eaglehawks
Shnoogle
dragonmxz
nikodem123asdf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5676

a team for hot summer days? Empty
PostSubject: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 pm

A sunny day team... yeah that was lame ^_^;
this is my idea for a uu sunny day team(not sure if i am doin it right but oh well...)

Xatu(ShamanKing)@heat rock
synchronise
timid
252spatt/252spe/6hp
-sunny day
-solarbeam
-heat wave
-wish/psychic/reflect/u-turn

Xatu is an awsome supportive poke with above avarage speed and ability to use sunny dayheat wave and solarbeam he is just made for this team the last move is a problem wish comes in handy when i feel like i am about to faint, psychic fovers for fire types, reflect helps...really and u-turn is useful almost everywhere

Ninetails(Kisune)@live orb
flash fire
timid
252spatt/252spe/6def
-nasty plot/dark pulse
-fire blast
-solarbaem
-pain split

Now that i got my hands on hg i can finaly use those awsome new moves(yeah it took me pretty long to get this game they never released it in my country) when my 9-tails gets low on health from its live orb i can use pain split and get most of it back

Victribel(Moscitos!(happy face))@f-sash
chlorophil
modest
252spatt/252spe/6hp
-solarbeam
-wetherball
-sludge bomb
-sleep powder

another sp.sweeper could someone suggest some other ev i am not sure about those...

Goldock(Kappa)@c-scarf
cloud nine
modest
252spatt/252spe/6hp
-hydro pump
-ice beam
-psychic
-f-blast

why would i want a water type pokemon in a sunny day team!? he is my counter for fire types thanks to cloud nine wether doesnt affect me or my opponent because of that hydro pump has full power and fire type attacks used against me (on switches) have their power cut by half

Hariyama(Eric)@lefties
thick fat
impish
80hp/166att/252def
-force palm
-thunder punch
-fire puch
-knock off/suny day

hariyama helps me resist those rock and dark type attacks and fight against special walls

sudowoodo(Fake!)@custab berry
rock head
adamant
252hp/252att/6def
-endure
-stone edge
-explosion
-EQ

another phisical guy he doesnt have any sunny day related moves(i think i have naught fire attacks and solar beams) but helps me with coverage (he is the only one to resist brave bird)

I know this team(as well as my grammar) needs improvement just tell me where and why OK!
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5950

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Tangrowth. it is the reason sunny day teams exist. you need more pokemon that take advantage of sunny day. Slobro is good at setting it up and resists all the fires that come to torch your grass. you just need more pokemon to take advantage of the waether as at this point only two are.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:54 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
Tangrowth. it is the reason sunny day teams exist. you need more pokemon that take advantage of sunny day. Slobro is good at setting it up and resists all the fires that come to torch your grass. you just need more pokemon to take advantage of the waether as at this point only two are.

well there are 4 pokemon that benefit from sunny day(xatu, 9-tails, victribel, hariyama)but i might replace sudowoodo with tangrowth slowbro can take place of hariyama

tangrowth@c specs
chlorophil
timid
252spatt/228spe/28def
-solarbeam
-antient power
-focus blast
-hp fire

sun boosts my speed and c-specs boosts my special attack +tangrowth is quite bulky

slowbro@lefties
own tempo
bold
252hp/252def/6spatt
-sunny day
-f-blast
-psychic
-slack off

another sunny day set upper ... thanks for suggestions
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7670

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:05 pm

No Choice Specs... That ruins weather teams. Weather team's focus is to
use a bunch of coverage attacks and their unique abilities to sweep. The
main way of getting around weather teams is playing around with
resistances on your team so you can stall out the weather and attempt to
out speed and kill the majority of their team before they get the sun
up, if they do at all. The way you are using that Tangrowth makes it
completely susceptible to that strategy because once you choose a grass
move and they switch in Venusaur, Altaria, etc... they will set up on
you and you lose 2 turns of sunny day, 1 from the attack, 1 from
switching out, meaning that you are at a disadvantage.

Try out this Sunny Day sweeper set:

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly
252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
•Swords Dance
•Power Whip
•Earthquake
•Rock Slide

This move set is so amazing in the sun... With an Adamant Nature you reach 398 Speed after Chlorophyll, meaning that you outrun everything in UU except Electrode without a Scarf. If you choose Jolly, you can outrun things like Modest Choice Scarf Rotom and Modest Choice Scarf Moltres, but since you lose a lot of power and most Scarf Rotom are Timid and Moltres is rarely scarfed, Adamant is superior. With this set you can freely change attacks and after a Swords Dance your attack is 656 if you choose Adamant.

Golduck is just wasting a spot on your team, really... There isn't need for a water type Pokémon on a Sunny Day team unless it is setting up Sunny Day, so I'd advise you to replace him with Arcanine, a great sweeper under the sun, and a great Sunny Day starter...

Arcanine @ Heat Rock
Flash Fire (Counters things such as Houndoom and Blaziken very easily with this Ability)
120 HP / 152 Attack / 236 Speed
Adamant Nature
•Flare Blitz
•Extremespeed
•Sunny Day
•Morning Sun

Morning Sun allows you to heal 2/3 of your Health under Sunny Day, which this Arcanine can set up repeatedly. Flare Blitz will be your main attack, while Extremespeed is when you face faster Pokémon and Pokémon you can kill with E-Speed without getting recoil from Flare Blitz. The EVs allow you to outpace max Speed Jolly Venusaur and gives you good attack and bulk to set up Sunny Day
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:19 am

Shnoogle wrote:
No Choice Specs... That ruins weather teams. Weather team's focus is to
use a bunch of coverage attacks and their unique abilities to sweep. The
main way of getting around weather teams is playing around with
resistances on your team so you can stall out the weather and attempt to
out speed and kill the majority of their team before they get the sun
up, if they do at all. The way you are using that Tangrowth makes it
completely susceptible to that strategy because once you choose a grass
move and they switch in Venusaur, Altaria, etc... they will set up on
you and you lose 2 turns of sunny day, 1 from the attack, 1 from
switching out, meaning that you are at a disadvantage.

Try out this Sunny Day sweeper set:

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly
252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
•Swords Dance
•Power Whip
•Earthquake
•Rock Slide

This move set is so amazing in the sun... With an Adamant Nature you reach 398 Speed after Chlorophyll, meaning that you outrun everything in UU except Electrode without a Scarf. If you choose Jolly, you can outrun things like Modest Choice Scarf Rotom and Modest Choice Scarf Moltres, but since you lose a lot of power and most Scarf Rotom are Timid and Moltres is rarely scarfed, Adamant is superior. With this set you can freely change attacks and after a Swords Dance your attack is 656 if you choose Adamant.

Golduck is just wasting a spot on your team, really... There isn't need for a water type Pokémon on a Sunny Day team unless it is setting up Sunny Day, so I'd advise you to replace him with Arcanine, a great sweeper under the sun, and a great Sunny Day starter...

Arcanine @ Heat Rock
Flash Fire (Counters things such as Houndoom and Blaziken very easily with this Ability)
120 HP / 152 Attack / 236 Speed
Adamant Nature
•Flare Blitz
•Extremespeed
•Sunny Day
•Morning Sun

Morning Sun allows you to heal 2/3 of your Health under Sunny Day, which this Arcanine can set up repeatedly. Flare Blitz will be your main attack, while Extremespeed is when you face faster Pokémon and Pokémon you can kill with E-Speed without getting recoil from Flare Blitz. The EVs allow you to outpace max Speed Jolly Venusaur and gives you good attack and bulk to set up Sunny Day

thanks^_^ shoud i also keep my slowbro the way he is or give it t-wave or toxic instead of s-day?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:12 pm

He should have Sunny Day because unless he has it, he really isn't serving much of a purpose besides wasting Sunny Day turns and firing off 1/2 effective Surfs
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 am

Right ^_^; BTW you got bored with your unowns ?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:21 am

nikodem123asdf wrote:
Right ^_^; BTW you got bored with your unowns ?

Haha just a little... I thought it was time for something else
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5158

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:36 pm

nikodem123asdf wrote:
this is my idea for a uu sunny day team(not sure if i am doin it right but oh well...)

synchronise
timid
252spatt/252spe/6hp
-sunny day
-solarbeam
-heat wave

Xatu is an awsome supportive poke with above avarage speed and ability to use sunny dayheat wave and solarbeam he is just made for this team the last move is a problem wish comes in handy when i feel like i am about to faint, psychic fovers for fire types, reflect helps...really and u-turn is useful almost everywhere

flash fire
timid
252spatt/252spe/6def
-nasty plot/dark pulse
-fire blast
-solarbaem
-pain split

Now that i got my hands on hg i can finaly use those awsome new moves(yeah it took me pretty long to get this game they never released it in my country) when my 9-tails gets low on health from its live orb i can use pain split and get most of it back

chlorophil
modest
252spatt/252spe/6hp
-solarbeam
-wetherball
-sludge bomb
-sleep powder

another sp.sweeper could someone suggest some other ev i am not sure about those...

Goldock(Kappa)@c-scarf
cloud nine
modest
252spatt/252spe/6hp
-hydro pump
-ice beam
-psychic
-f-blast

why would i want a water type pokemon in a sunny day team!? he is my counter for fire types thanks to cloud nine wether doesnt affect me or my opponent because of that hydro pump has full power and fire type attacks used against me (on switches) have their power cut by half

Hariyama(Eric)@lefties
thick fat
impish
80hp/166att/252def
-force palm
-thunder punch
-fire puch
-knock off/suny day

hariyama helps me resist those rock and dark type attacks and fight against special walls

rock head
adamant
252hp/252att/6def
-endure
-stone edge
-explosion
-EQ

another phisical guy he doesnt have any sunny day related moves(i think i have naught fire attacks and solar beams) but helps me with coverage (he is the only one to resist brave bird)

I know this team(as well as my grammar) needs improvement just tell me where and why OK!

Although Xatu makes a somewhat useful Lead, it lacks quite a lot of things. One thing you can take into account is Ambipom. Ever since the absence of Froslass, Ambipom can now abuse its Technician Priority and 115 Spe to pull of a Sunny Day. Considering that the most common use of Ambipom would be Fake Out+Double Hit, some people may want to switch into bulkier Pokemon, which at that time, set up Sunny Day. Now, you have some major threats coming onto your team, mainly Arcanine, Houndoom, and Moltres. While both dogs are immune to Fire types, all of them can take advantage of the situation, and seeing that they're running around quite a lot, you will need a deterrent and Stealth Rock. Golduck doesn't make for a great deterrent. In fact, the reason Golduck is useful is to Counter weather teams. Now, my choice of a deterrent would be Magmortar, the lost UU pokemon that was like a really cool abuser of Sunny Day. Its enormous movepool provides great countering options. While Specs gives you raw Spe. Attack to outrun all three potential threats, Life Orb gives you more flexibility on your attacking targets. On the Standard LO Moltres, Magmortar resists Fire Blast with half of its HP remaining and can KO Moltres back with Thunderbolt. Magmortar can survive a Air Slash, unless under SR, which can survive only a little under half the time. Arcanine and Houndoom are somewhat weaker in strength, with Focus Blast to kill Houndoom and Morning Glory Arcanine. Bulky and Restalk, though not as common, will pose problems against it.
As by popular demand, Chloro Tangrowth makes and excellent mixed sweeper or physical sweeper. Tangrowth backs up as a Steel deterrent, with +2 Earthquake possibly KOing Registeel and threatens Steelix. +2 Power Whip automatically KOs the Bulky Waters. Giving Tangrowth a Jolly nature gives it the power to outrun Swellow and basically anything that stands in its way. Rock Slide is useful against Scyther.
Now what you have left is the choice of a Special Wall/Tank, a Physical Wall/Tank, or a bulky thing or a Mixed Attacker. Either the Special Wall or the Physical Wall must have Stealth Rock to facilitate KOs and the fact that its trendy. Smile

EDIT: I also forgot. You will also need a Spinner to get rid of SR coming in and another Back up Sunny Day just in case Ambipom dies out.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:39 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
nikodem123asdf wrote:

synchronise
timid
252spatt/252spe/6hp
-sunny day
-solarbeam
-heat wave

flash fire
timid
252spatt/252spe/6def
-nasty plot/dark pulse
-fire blast
-solarbaem
-pain split

chlorophil
modest
252spatt/252spe/6hp
-solarbeam
-wetherball
-sludge bomb
-sleep powder

Goldock(Kappa)@c-scarf
cloud nine
modest
252spatt/252spe/6hp
-hydro pump
-ice beam
-psychic
-f-blast

Hariyama(Eric)@lefties
thick fat
impish
80hp/166att/252def
-force palm
-thunder punch
-fire puch
-knock off/suny day

rock head
adamant
252hp/252att/6def
-endure
-stone edge
-explosion
-EQ

Although Xatu makes a somewhat useful Lead, it lacks quite a lot of things. One thing you can take into account is Ambipom. Ever since the absence of Froslass, Ambipom can now abuse its Technician Priority and 115 Spe to pull of a Sunny Day. Considering that the most common use of Ambipom would be Fake Out+Double Hit, some people may want to switch into bulkier Pokemon, which at that time, set up Sunny Day. Now, you have some major threats coming onto your team, mainly Arcanine, Houndoom, and Moltres. While both dogs are immune to Fire types, all of them can take advantage of the situation, and seeing that they're running around quite a lot, you will need a deterrent and Stealth Rock. Golduck doesn't make for a great deterrent. In fact, the reason Golduck is useful is to Counter weather teams. Now, my choice of a deterrent would be Magmortar, the lost UU pokemon that was like a really cool abuser of Sunny Day. Its enormous movepool provides great countering options. While Specs gives you raw Spe. Attack to outrun all three potential threats, Life Orb gives you more flexibility on your attacking targets. On the Standard LO Moltres, Magmortar resists Fire Blast with half of its HP remaining and can KO Moltres back with Thunderbolt. Magmortar can survive a Air Slash, unless under SR, which can survive only a little under half the time. Arcanine and Houndoom are somewhat weaker in strength, with Focus Blast to kill Houndoom and Morning Glory Arcanine. Bulky and Restalk, though not as common, will pose problems against it.
As by popular demand, Chloro Tangrowth makes and excellent mixed sweeper or physical sweeper. Tangrowth backs up as a Steel deterrent, with +2 Earthquake possibly KOing Registeel and threatens Steelix. +2 Power Whip automatically KOs the Bulky Waters. Giving Tangrowth a Jolly nature gives it the power to outrun Swellow and basically anything that stands in its way. Rock Slide is useful against Scyther.
Now what you have left is the choice of a Special Wall/Tank, a Physical Wall/Tank, or a bulky thing or a Mixed Attacker. Either the Special Wall or the Physical Wall must have Stealth Rock to facilitate KOs and the fact that its trendy. Smile

EDIT: I also forgot. You will also need a Spinner to get rid of SR coming in and another Back up Sunny Day just in case Ambipom dies out.

ok i will also consider your suggestions but for now i am a bit tired BTW thanks for rating ^_^
Back to top Go down
infernoflash

infernoflash

UT points : 5343

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 pm

I think you should try using Cherrim. I have one in mine SD Team, and it helps allot. Especially togheter with Tangrowth, boosting his attack. Something like this:

Cherrim@Heat Rock
Nature:Bold
EVs:252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp.Def
-Sunny Day
-Leech Seed
-Helping Hand
-Protect
Ability:Flower Gift

I think you understand how the set works.
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:20 pm

infernoflash wrote:
I think you should try using Cherrim. I have one in mine SD Team, and it helps allot. Especially togheter with Tangrowth, boosting his attack. Something like this:

Cherrim@Heat Rock
-Sunny Day
-Leech Seed
-Helping Hand
-Protect

I can't believe I'm actually rating a set not in the team but w/e

Two things come to mind when I see this set:
1) Very Taunt susceptible
2) No Offensive abuse

Yeah... Cherrim's not on my top list when it comes to refilling the sun. The fact that it probably might find use in NU Sunny Day, but it suffers in UU. Even with Sp. Def boost, Grass is by far one of the worst defending types ever, with 5 weaknesses. If you factor in the most used moves, Flamethrower and Ice Beam is up there, not to mention a lot of Physical attacks from the Physical spectrum. Plus, this team dosen't say its 2v2, so it is implied that its 1v1, which makes Helping Hand dead weight. If you seriously want to use this set in Singles, even though the failure rate is quite high, you would have to switch Protect with Substitute because Substitute can prevent a total combination of 25% of the user's health, and with Leech Seed recovering about 12% every turn, Substitute runs better. Also, remove Helping Hand with Energy Ball or Solarbeam so you won't be Taunt Trapped.
Back to top Go down
infernoflash

infernoflash

UT points : 5343

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:27 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
infernoflash wrote:

Cherrim@Heat Rock
-Sunny Day
-Leech Seed
-Helping Hand
-Protect

I can't believe I'm actually rating a set not in the team but w/e

Two things come to mind when I see this set:
1) Very Taunt susceptible
2) No Offensive abuse

Yeah... Cherrim's not on my top list when it comes to refilling the sun. The fact that it probably might find use in NU Sunny Day, but it suffers in UU. Even with Sp. Def boost, Grass is by far one of the worst defending types ever, with 5 weaknesses. If you factor in the most used moves, Flamethrower and Ice Beam is up there, not to mention a lot of Physical attacks from the Physical spectrum. Plus, this team dosen't say its 2v2, so it is implied that its 1v1, which makes Helping Hand dead weight. If you seriously want to use this set in Singles, even though the failure rate is quite high, you would have to switch Protect with Substitute because Substitute can prevent a total combination of 25% of the user's health, and with Leech Seed recovering about 12% every turn, Substitute runs better. Also, remove Helping Hand with Energy Ball or Solarbeam so you won't be Taunt Trapped.
Oh, sorry, did not read that it was a Singles Team. xD Actually, i have not had any problem with Taunt. And i have a litle Strategy to keep her away from attacks the first turn. And Helping Hand has helped allot. I'm using this for 2v2 btw. My Cherrim has helped allot in my Sunny Day team. Whatever, it is not my set that is going to be rated.
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:38 pm

lol that's okay.

Yeah, considering that UU is full of Spikers and SRs, as well as boosters, Taunt can really shut you down, especially a Sunny Day team, where the whole team relies on that one move that is Taunt susceptible.
Back to top Go down
toasatoshi3

toasatoshi3

UT points : 5109

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:08 am

wood hammer works wonders for sudowudo.(it's ability prevents recoil damage!)
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7062

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:14 am

toasatoshi3 wrote:

Again don't revive dead threads. Read the rules.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5655

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:17 am

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
toasatoshi3 wrote:

This thread isn't dead...? A dead thread is like 1-2 months ago usually. I didn't know you were a mod?!?!
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7062

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:31 am

Neku wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
toasatoshi3 wrote:

This thread isn't dead...? A dead thread is like 1-2 months ago usually. I didn't know you were a mod?!?!

Yeah 1 month since the original post -_-
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

UT points : 5551

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:02 pm

Come on can you please stop Mini Modding? I think the Mods can handle this on their own.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tromboneandpokemon12
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6567

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:03 pm

ninjatreecko12 wrote:
Come on can you please stop Mini Modding? I think the Mods can handle this on their own.
|
^Quoted for truth
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:55 pm

This I agree with Moom Momo
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6567

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:06 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
This I agree with Moom Momo
Moom lol but yeah Backseat modding aint cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a team for hot summer days?   a team for hot summer days? Empty

Back to top Go down

a team for hot summer days?
Page 1 of 1