Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Funny Guy

Go down 
+3
SoulSilverHeartGold
leafshadow
Pokemunster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokemunster

Pokemunster

UT points : 5244

One Funny Guy Empty
PostSubject: One Funny Guy   One Funny Guy EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Ok this is my attempt at a physical Wailord. Enjoy! Very Happy

Wailord (ComedicGuy)
Abillity:Water Veil
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Careful (+ Sp.Def -Sp.Atk)
Evs: 60 Hp/196 Def/252 Sp.Def

Stats
Hp: 496
Atk: 216
Def: 175
Sp.Atk: 194
Sp.Def: 207
Speed: 156

Moves
* WaterFall
* Tickle
* Avalanche/Return (Tell me whats better)
* SelfDestruct

Ok I basicly used the curse Wailord set on smogon and replaced curse with tickle just for fun. The Evs are made to make him bulky and when tickle is used I wont have to worry about gaining attack because tikle drops Atk and Def. The good part about tickle is there isnt a stat drop for me. Also please help me decide if I should use avalanche or return. Waterfall is there beacase of STAB, and Selfdestruct when im low on Hp. Thanks for reading! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
leafshadow

leafshadow

UT points : 6444

One Funny Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Funny Guy   One Funny Guy EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:34 pm

I say Return as Water and Normal have good coverage.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7094

One Funny Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Funny Guy   One Funny Guy EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Please use the proper format I just hate it when people use another format. We do not need to see the stats any ways. Here is the proper format (please use this or at least another form of it):
Magikarp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Splash
- Tackle
- Flail
- Bounce

As for the wailord, what tier are you using this for because if you use it for UU/OU then you can get swept easily before you can use tickle. Curse is better for this set because avalanche we have a higher chance of going second and will do more damage. Try using the smogon sets before going custom. There is a reason why they are there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6548

One Funny Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Funny Guy   One Funny Guy EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
As for the wailord, what tier are you using this for because if you use it for UU/OU then you can get swept easily before you can use tickle. Curse is better for this set because avalanche we have a higher chance of going second and will do more damage. Try using the smogon sets before going custom. There is a reason why they are there.

That makes no sense. How can he get swept before using tickle? Wailord has enough HP to take a few hits, and, if anything, tickle will prevent a setup, thus stopping a possible sweep. Given this, if it's being used in a different tier, most things will often out speed it, regardless. I do, however agree that the Curse set on smogon is better overall, but this set is alright as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5190

One Funny Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Funny Guy   One Funny Guy EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Curse is by far Wailord's best option. While Tickle and Curse generally have the same effect, they're both applied differently. Curse is everlasting, staying on the user until it switches out or dies. Tickle is temporary, where the effect goes away when your opponent switches out or dies. Basically speaking, Tickle is more bothersome in the fact that you have to reapply Tickle every time he opponent switches out of dies and sends out a new pokemon. Your set lacks Block, which prevents escape, which allows you to build up Tickle and attack, but this strategy is rather unreliable, so Curse is more solid.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5592

One Funny Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Funny Guy   One Funny Guy EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Wailord ftw!!!! I love all Wailords, but don't really think they are spectacularly useful in the metagame
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6252

One Funny Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Funny Guy   One Funny Guy EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:58 pm

JeSus wrote:
Wailord ftw!!!! I love all Wailords, but don't really think they are spectacularly useful in the metagame

Thank you for your HUGE contribution, Im sure it helpled a whole lot.

As for the set, I actually like it. Wailord has decent offensive stats, and while Water Spout would hit much harder, the fact is, Wailord loses a big % of his HP with pretty much any neutral STAB-d attack, so using more reliable moves can help. It is by no means a sweeping machine, but I can see it work every now and then. Use Waterfall+Return, and raplce Tickle with Curse
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5592

One Funny Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Funny Guy   One Funny Guy EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Gir wrote:
JeSus wrote:

Thank you for your HUGE contribution, Im sure it helpled a whole lot.

As for the set, I actually like it. Wailord has decent offensive stats, and while Water Spout would hit much harder, the fact is, Wailord loses a big % of his HP with pretty much any neutral STAB-d attack, so using more reliable moves can help. It is by no means a sweeping machine, but I can see it work every now and then. Use Waterfall+Return, and raplce Tickle with Curse
I know. I'm so helpful, aren't I? But in all seriousness. Always pick a stat-RAISING move for yourself over a stat-lowering move against your opponent, because then you can decide how long that lasts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One Funny Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Funny Guy   One Funny Guy Empty

Back to top Go down

One Funny Guy
Page 1 of 1