The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shnoogle

UT points : 5206

PostSubject: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:19 pm

PLEASE READ THIS! - I forgot that HP [Rock] makes him lose 1 Speed point so add 4 Speed EVs to every Probopass set that runs Speed.I have already changed the below movesets so don't tinker with their Speed, but if you are looking at the vid then add 4 Speed EVs. You can take them from HP, Special Attack, whatever, but do it otherwise you will speed tie with Registeel.

There it is, ladies and gents. Enjoy =)

Ah, crap you can't really see the words too well on here. It is bigger on Youtube, though, so check it out there

Here are the sets but I'm not going to comment a whole lot on them because that's what the video is for =)

Steel Trapper

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 248 SpA / 88 Spe
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magnet Pull
•Magnet Rise
•Substitute
•Earth Power
•Hidden Power [Rock]

84 Speed EVs outspeeds every Steel in UU that it can which is Registeel, Steelix, non offensive Aggron, and Bastiodon. Hidden Power [Rock] is greater than Power Gem because you can always bluff a different Hidden Power to get a surprise KO and they both have the same base power if you have HP [Rock] 70.

Toxic Staller

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Nature: Bold
•Toxic
•Protect
•Taunt/Magnet Rise
•Hidden Power [Rock]/Earth Power

Taunt is so Pokémon don't set up on you while you Protect, and Magnet Rise is a useful move for Ground types who switch in, especially Donphan who you out speed by 1 point. HP [Rock] or Earth Power for your attacking move. I like EP because it hits the two Pokémon that are unaffected by Toxic for super effective damage.

Utility

Probopass @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
•Stealth Rock
•Thunderwave/Toxic
•Hidden Power [Rock]
•Pain Split

You can run Shed Shell to escape Dugtrio on this set because Pain Split somewhat helps out with the loss of Leftovers. The moves are fairly obvious, I think. SR for support as well as your choice of status move in Thunderwave or Toxic. HP [Rock] for STAB and Pain Split for healing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
FreaKaz0id

UT points : 3236

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:00 pm

I use the Utility Set, it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:01 pm

FreaKaz0id wrote:

Do you use Toxic or Thunderwave?
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

UT points : 3236

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
FreaKaz0id wrote:

Do you use Toxic or Thunderwave?
TWave, because I think it fits best on my team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 4598

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:53 pm

I have always liked probopass butI have never used it. I might try using the utility set because I love support
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
eaglehawks

UT points : 2694

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Back in the early days, I used Probopass as a staller.

But I like using a Specs Steel Trapper. Can almost effectively kill any Steel type in UU except Registeel, who can stand Choiced Earth Power for about 3 times. Basically speaking, the EV spread is almost identical to yours posted, only just take 4 from HP and 4 to Special Attack and keep the Speed the same to outspeed Standard Aggron. With this, you can KO everyone else without getting hit back with Earthquake.

By the way, I have a little nitpick to point out. Why do you bother with Hidden Power Rock when it can use Power Gem to its advantage. Apparently its the only Rock-type that can learn it and use it to its advantage.
Back to top Go down
leafshadow

UT points : 3948

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:00 pm

eaglehawks wrote:

But I like using a Specs Steel Trapper. Can almost effectively kill any Steel type in UU except Registeel, who can stand Choiced Earth Power for about 3 times. Basically speaking, the EV spread is almost identical to yours posted, only just take 4 from HP and 4 to Special Attack and keep the Speed the same to outspeed Standard Aggron. With this, you can KO everyone else without getting hit back with Earthquake.

By the way, I have a little nitpick to point out. Why do you bother with Hidden Power Rock when it can use Power Gem to its advantage. Apparently its the only Rock-type that can learn it and use it to its advantage.
well as shnoogle said it's a bluff tatic Come in and use HP Rock on a Scyther it goes down then they send in a Moltres for example (bad choice but W/E) and think it's HP Fire but no HP Rock to the face.

Back to top Go down
Temius

UT points : 3096

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:26 pm

is there a reason you are doing the exact same poke as serebii?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:30 pm

No, Gir and I use a random number generator... And besides, if anyone copied anyone, it was they who copied us because Victreebel was the POTW on serebii when this vid was up
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:16 pm

leafshadow wrote:
eaglehawks wrote:

well as shnoogle said it's a bluff tatic Come in and use HP Rock on a Scyther it goes down then they send in a Moltres for example (bad choice but W/E) and think it's HP Fire but no HP Rock to the face.

lol exactly... As I mentioned it is a bit situational, but on the other hand if you have Pokésav, why not use it?
Well, that is a rare instance, but I can't see this working effectively.

Probopass can't utilize a bluff tactic since it can't scare away anything. Scyther can kill it with Brick Break. Even if it(Scyther) goes down in some freak random series of events, Hidden Power can't bluff anyone, especially Moltres. Moltres outspeeds and kills with STAB Fire Blast. geek
Plus, I believe Milotic proves to be a better switch-in to Probopass than Moltres.
Or Venusaur with Earthquake.
Or Drapion with Swords Dance.
Or Blaziken.
etc.
Basically, you're fooling no one.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
No, Gir and I use a random number generator... And besides, if anyone copied anyone, it was they who copied us because Victreebel was the POTW on serebii when this vid was up

So... what if you get magikarp?
Back to top Go down
Momo

UT points : 4103

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:34 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

then it would be funny
Back to top Go down
Gir

UT points : 3756

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Shnoogle wrote:

We re-draw OR go to the first competitive-worthy pokemon of that family(Gyarados)

Dan hitted the nail on how Gen V metagame is gonna be:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Momo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Gir wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

We re-draw OR go to the first competitive-worthy pokemon of that family(Gyarados)
thats not cool you should actualy do magiand and do garados
Back to top Go down
Gir

UT points : 3756

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:53 pm

Momo wrote:
Gir wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Magiarp@Focus Sash
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spd.
-Flail
-Bounce
-Tackle
-Splash

You happy?

Dan hitted the nail on how Gen V metagame is gonna be:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Momo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Gir wrote:
Momo wrote:
Gir wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Magiarp@Focus Sash
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spd.
-Flail
-Bounce
-Tackle
-Splash

You happy?
YAY
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

UT points : 4055

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Momo wrote:
Gir wrote:
Momo wrote:
Gir wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Magiarp@Focus Sash
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spd.
-Flail
-Bounce
-Tackle
-Splash

You happy?
YAY
omg
that's the best pokemon set i've seen in my life!

In all seriousness though, the stalling probopass seems good, i might try it out sometime. The only time i used probopass was when i used a gravity+zap cannon one for lolz.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:22 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
leafshadow wrote:
eaglehawks wrote:

lol exactly... As I mentioned it is a bit situational, but on the other hand if you have Pokésav, why not use it?

Probopass can't utilize a bluff tactic since it can't scare away anything. Scyther can kill it with Brick Break. Even if it(Scyther) goes down in some freak random series of events, Hidden Power can't bluff anyone, especially Moltres. Moltres outspeeds and kills with STAB Fire Blast. geek
Plus, I believe Milotic proves to be a better switch-in to Probopass than Moltres.
Or Blaziken.
etc.

You honestly think that one STAB Fire Blast would kill a Pokemon with 150 base special defense (more than Blissey) in on hit?

And so what if those Pokemon can set up on it? Think about what you are trying to argue... The usefulness of HP Rock vs. Power Gem. With Power Gem or HP Rock, those Pokemon can still set up on you. It makes no sense to mention that when it doesn't go along with your arguement.

Also, I said it was situational and you don't have to use HP Rock, but it still is superior to Power Gem for the reasons I have mentioned before. If you think circumstances like that will never occurr then feel free to run Power Gem. If you just don't feel like breeding for it, I perfectly understand, but for those with Pokesav it is the best option.

Last, these sets are more or less suggestions of the most viable movesets on whatever Pokemon that Gir and I can come up with. If you don't like the set then don't use it, but I'm not going to change the video or the sets I posted up there.

Sorry if this came across as mean, but when you challenge something that really doesn't have an effect on the Pokemon's overall preformance since both moves have the same typing and power, what is there to gain from it?
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:12 am

Gir wrote:
Momo wrote:
Gir wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Magiarp@Focus Sash
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spd.
-Flail
-Bounce
-Tackle
-Splash

You happy?

OMG Magikarp owns the world Very Happy:D:D
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

UT points : 3486

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:23 pm

The magickarp set is near perfect, but you forgot the 4 Hp evs. with those, it is unstopable.
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
eaglehawks wrote:
leafshadow wrote:
eaglehawks wrote:

Or Blaziken.
etc.

You honestly think that one STAB Fire Blast would kill a Pokemon with 150 base special defense (more than Blissey) in on hit?

And so what if those Pokemon can set up on it? Think about what you are trying to argue... The usefulness of HP Rock vs. Power Gem. With Power Gem or HP Rock, those Pokemon can still set up on you. It makes no sense to mention that when it doesn't go along with your arguement.

Also, I said it was situational and you don't have to use HP Rock, but it still is superior to Power Gem for the reasons I have mentioned before. If you think circumstances like that will never occurr then feel free to run Power Gem. If you just don't feel like breeding for it, I perfectly understand, but for those with Pokesav it is the best option.

Last, these sets are more or less suggestions of the most viable movesets on whatever Pokemon that Gir and I can come up with. If you don't like the set then don't use it, but I'm not going to change the video or the sets I posted up there.

Sorry if this came across as mean, but when you challenge something that really doesn't have an effect on the Pokemon's overall preformance since both moves have the same typing and power, what is there to gain from it?
Yeah. Wasn't trying to force you or Gir to change it though. I just needed a good argument because Serebii's CRMT is basically dead and I forgot my password for Smogon and too lazy to make a new account. Sorry if this offended you or anything.
Back to top Go down
Neku

UT points : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:33 am

You guys should keep doing the Pokemon of the Week, it's a really cool idea. Cool sets, you know your sh*t Shnoogle and Gir lol.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:43 am

Neku wrote:
You guys should keep doing the Pokemon of the Week, it's a really cool idea. Cool sets, you know your sh*t Shnoogle and Gir lol.

I know we should and I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping up... I have the next POTW's move sets basically done.

I have been so very busy with Cross Country and trying to finish up my summer reading that I have kind of neglected this =/

I'll try to get better from now on =)
Back to top Go down
Neku

UT points : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Lol Shnoogle I wasn't reprimanding you haha. I don't particularly play NU but it's cool to see all the original move sets and what not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10   

Back to top Go down

Pokémon of the Week - Probopass =] 8/9/10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1