The Uuttitan Community Forums
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 5 years later

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mrcatz

avatar

Posts : 1982
UT points : 6258
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 22
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 pm

I just wanted to say that today is the 5ht year anniversary of Katrina. I'd like to ask you to keep the ones who died in your thoughts and those who still haven't fully recovered from the terrible disaster to Louisiana and Mississippi.
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

avatar

Posts : 1468
UT points : 5513
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 21
Location : Ontario, Canada!

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:41 pm

****.
It only seems like yesterday though!
But 2005?
Oh my.
They're in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 4685
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 19
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:56 pm

What's the Katrina?
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Gir

avatar

Posts : 534
UT points : 3843
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:01 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
What's the Katrina?
O.o you gotta be fking kidding me, no matter how ignorant or stupid someone is, it is impossible you dont know what Katrina is.
Long story made short, one of the worst torments in the history that struck Louisiana in 2005

_________________


Dan hitted the nail on how Gen V metagame is gonna be:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator


Posts : 466
UT points : 3968
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:07 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
What's the Katrina?

.....
you have got to be kidding me

_________________
Back to top Go down
Momo

avatar

Posts : 1944
UT points : 4190
Join date : 2009-07-31
Age : 91
Location : in brawl owning n00bs

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:13 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
What's the Katrina?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

avatar

Posts : 433
UT points : 4142
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : underworld

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:21 pm

I had to evacuate during Katrina
Lucky for me I did
otherwise i might not be alive right now tbh
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 4685
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 19
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Gir wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
What's the Katrina?
O.o you gotta be fking kidding me, no matter how ignorant or stupid someone is, it is impossible you dont know what Katrina is.
Long story made short, one of the worst torments in the history that struck Louisiana in 2005

I didn't watch the news when I was 6 all I did is watch other shows...
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Gir

avatar

Posts : 534
UT points : 3843
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:30 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Gir wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
What's the Katrina?
O.o you gotta be fking kidding me, no matter how ignorant or stupid someone is, it is impossible you dont know what Katrina is.
Long story made short, one of the worst torments in the history that struck Louisiana in 2005

I didn't watch the news when I was 6 all I did is watch other shows...
Thats no excuse for your ignorance....it was an event that exposed many flaws withing the American response system....seriously for, the WTC attack happened when I was 8....theres not that big of a difference in 2 years. One is only ignorant when he/she wants to

_________________


Dan hitted the nail on how Gen V metagame is gonna be:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 4685
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 19
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Gir wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Gir wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
What's the Katrina?
O.o you gotta be fking kidding me, no matter how ignorant or stupid someone is, it is impossible you dont know what Katrina is.
Long story made short, one of the worst torments in the history that struck Louisiana in 2005

I didn't watch the news when I was 6 all I did is watch other shows...
Thats no excuse for your ignorance....it was an event that exposed many flaws withing the American response system....seriously for, the WTC attack happened when I was 8....theres not that big of a difference in 2 years. One is only ignorant when he/she wants to

1. I'm not American.

2. I have no life.
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Gir

avatar

Posts : 534
UT points : 3843
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Breaking news, Im Mexican

_________________


Dan hitted the nail on how Gen V metagame is gonna be:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
frynaut

avatar

Posts : 303
UT points : 3092
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 22
Location : Around Maine

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:46 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Gir wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
What's the Katrina?
O.o you gotta be fking kidding me, no matter how ignorant or stupid someone is, it is impossible you dont know what Katrina is.
Long story made short, one of the worst torments in the history that struck Louisiana in 2005

I didn't watch the news when I was 6 all I did is watch other shows...

... I was 10 when Katrina happened and I still Remember. I was 5 when 9/11 happened and I still remember... You can't have an excuse for ignorance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/frynaut
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 4685
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 19
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Gir wrote:
Breaking news, Im Mexican

Breaking news Katrina happened near the gulf of Mexico. Also I knew about 9/11 already...
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator


Posts : 466
UT points : 3968
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:50 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Gir wrote:
Breaking news, Im Mexican

Breaking news Katrina happened near the gulf of Mexico. Also I knew about 9/11 already...

Breaking news
Mexico is on the West Side
Florida is on the EAST
hurrr durr!

_________________
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 4685
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 19
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:00 pm

GaiaAero wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Gir wrote:
Breaking news, Im Mexican

Breaking news Katrina happened near the gulf of Mexico. Also I knew about 9/11 already...

Breaking news
Mexico is on the West Side
Florida is on the EAST
hurrr durr!

Breaking the Breaking News: Wikipedia says it somewhere
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
mrcatz

avatar

Posts : 1982
UT points : 6258
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 22
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:09 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
GaiaAero wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Gir wrote:
Breaking news, Im Mexican

Breaking news Katrina happened near the gulf of Mexico. Also I knew about 9/11 already...

Breaking news
Mexico is on the West Side
Florida is on the EAST
hurrr durr!

Breaking the Breaking News: Wikipedia says it somewhere

Well seeing as it was the worst flood of all times AND in the top 5 of worst hurricanes ever AND the fact the New Orleans still talks about it, it's kind of had not to know about it
Back to top Go down
frynaut

avatar

Posts : 303
UT points : 3092
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 22
Location : Around Maine

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Didn't the Dam burst around the Poor part of New Orleans?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/frynaut
mrcatz

avatar

Posts : 1982
UT points : 6258
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 22
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:26 pm

frynaut wrote:
Didn't the Dam burst around the Poor part of New Orleans?

no. We have a levee system along the river and major canals. The corps of engineers are retards and didn't do a good job on them so they broke flooding some major parts of the city. Not every place was poor but some poorer areas were affected. Flooded houses wouldn't have been the only problem if there weren't idiots in charge at the time but our leaders didn't thinkk evacuation was neccesary at the time until it was too late
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

avatar

Posts : 1468
UT points : 5513
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 21
Location : Ontario, Canada!

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Just a few things to shut you guys up.

1) Consider over protective parents who don't want to show the bad at a young age. Also, the Canadian schooling system doesn't teach you about it. OH! I'll point out that children at 6 don't watch the news. They prefer Barney.
2) It was not one of the biggest torments in history (although it was horrible, and I still feel bad for the lives lost and families put at risk.) You are putting it almost on the same level as WWII. THAT was a torment. This was a natural disaster.
3) The only reason people even DO consider it at that high a level is because it happened to America. If it happened to... Canada, people wouldn't have made topics today about the thing 5 years later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
mrcatz

avatar

Posts : 1982
UT points : 6258
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 22
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:47 pm

cdplayar wrote:
Just a few things to shut you guys up.

1) Consider over protective parents who don't want to show the bad at a young age. Also, the Canadian schooling system doesn't teach you about it. OH! I'll point out that children at 6 don't watch the news. They prefer Barney.
2) It was not one of the biggest torments in history (although it was horrible, and I still feel bad for the lives lost and families put at risk.) You are putting it almost on the same level as WWII. THAT was a torment. This was a natural disaster.
3) The only reason people even DO consider it at that high a level is because it happened to America. If it happened to... Canada, people wouldn't have made topics today about the thing 5 years later.

Yeah I agree with you. I do realize that it would be hard to hear about it but I mean it's kind of hard not to hear about it (if that makes sense). Your also right about the Canada thing to but in all honesty no one gives a crap about the gulf coast unless there's either a storm, superbowl, or oil. BUt however Haiti wasn't in America and neither was the indonesian Tsunami. I'll stop there cuz I think it's stupid to argue over what place had bigger disasters but Katrina did deserve the attention it got
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

avatar

Posts : 1468
UT points : 5513
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 21
Location : Ontario, Canada!

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:51 pm

mrcatz wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
Just a few things to shut you guys up.

1) Consider over protective parents who don't want to show the bad at a young age. Also, the Canadian schooling system doesn't teach you about it. OH! I'll point out that children at 6 don't watch the news. They prefer Barney.
2) It was not one of the biggest torments in history (although it was horrible, and I still feel bad for the lives lost and families put at risk.) You are putting it almost on the same level as WWII. THAT was a torment. This was a natural disaster.
3) The only reason people even DO consider it at that high a level is because it happened to America. If it happened to... Canada, people wouldn't have made topics today about the thing 5 years later.

Yeah I agree with you. I do realize that it would be hard to hear about it but I mean it's kind of hard not to hear about it (if that makes sense). Your also right about the Canada thing to but in all honesty no one gives a crap about the gulf coast unless there's either a storm, superbowl, or oil. BUt however Haiti wasn't in America and neither was the indonesian Tsunami. I'll stop there cuz I think it's stupid to argue over what place had bigger disasters but Katrina did deserve the attention it got

Yeah, but Katrina got way more attention BECAUSE it was America.
As much as Katrina was horrible, and yes, it deserved media attention, I almost think it got too much and became over saturated (again not trying to be offensive to families effected. I really do feel for them.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
mrcatz

avatar

Posts : 1982
UT points : 6258
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 22
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:02 pm

cdplayar wrote:
mrcatz wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
Just a few things to shut you guys up.

1) Consider over protective parents who don't want to show the bad at a young age. Also, the Canadian schooling system doesn't teach you about it. OH! I'll point out that children at 6 don't watch the news. They prefer Barney.
2) It was not one of the biggest torments in history (although it was horrible, and I still feel bad for the lives lost and families put at risk.) You are putting it almost on the same level as WWII. THAT was a torment. This was a natural disaster.
3) The only reason people even DO consider it at that high a level is because it happened to America. If it happened to... Canada, people wouldn't have made topics today about the thing 5 years later.

Yeah I agree with you. I do realize that it would be hard to hear about it but I mean it's kind of hard not to hear about it (if that makes sense). Your also right about the Canada thing to but in all honesty no one gives a crap about the gulf coast unless there's either a storm, superbowl, or oil. BUt however Haiti wasn't in America and neither was the indonesian Tsunami. I'll stop there cuz I think it's stupid to argue over what place had bigger disasters but Katrina did deserve the attention it got

Yeah, but Katrina got way more attention BECAUSE it was America.
As much as Katrina was horrible, and yes, it deserved media attention, I almost think it got too much and became over saturated (again not trying to be offensive to families effected. I really do feel for them.)

Well unfortunately America can be like that. I was young so I don't remmeber the whole depth of the media coverage but It deserved more than the oil spill. That was waaay to blown up with media. Anyway back on topic I don't think Katrina was blown up by the media I just feel that other places don't get enough coverage. Also Yes I know that you don't mean offense Smile
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

avatar

Posts : 1468
UT points : 5513
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 21
Location : Ontario, Canada!

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:06 pm

The oil spill didn't get enough.
That was a international crisis that threatened animals and the water supply. Still, I mean this in the lest offensive way, America is a drama mama.

Like with the ground zero Mosque. Mindset: "OMG TURBAN TERRORIST OMG HELP PL0X!" When it's just a place where THEY HAVE THE RIGHT to practice religion, if I understand American law.

Let's stop this discussion.
People didn't respect the rule of no flaming, so this all started. Besides that, we're kinda getting into a political thing just a little.

Let's just remember the lives lost and the people who suffered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
mrcatz

avatar

Posts : 1982
UT points : 6258
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 22
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:13 pm

cdplayar wrote:
The oil spill didn't get enough.
That was a international crisis that threatened animals and the water supply. Still, I mean this in the lest offensive way, America is a drama mama.

Like with the ground zero Mosque. Mindset: "OMG TURBAN TERRORIST OMG HELP PL0X!" When it's just a place where THEY HAVE THE RIGHT to practice religion, if I understand American law.

take my word from it. yes it was a problem but it wasn't the end of the world. Most people looked at the headlines to see things like dead sea turtles found. Welll a lot were killed by fishermen who knew that they wouldn't get caught cuz of the oil. It's almost all cleaned up now. That was all BP'S fault and they need to all be fired and replaced by decent people.

I'm not even gonna go into my opinion with the mosque due to the religion rule but I just don't care much about it.
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

avatar

Posts : 1468
UT points : 5513
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 21
Location : Ontario, Canada!

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:14 pm

mrcatz wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
The oil spill didn't get enough.
That was a international crisis that threatened animals and the water supply. Still, I mean this in the lest offensive way, America is a drama mama.

Like with the ground zero Mosque. Mindset: "OMG TURBAN TERRORIST OMG HELP PL0X!" When it's just a place where THEY HAVE THE RIGHT to practice religion, if I understand American law.

take my word from it. yes it was a problem but it wasn't the end of the world. Most people looked at the headlines to see things like dead sea turtles found. Welll a lot were killed by fishermen who knew that they wouldn't get caught cuz of the oil. It's almost all cleaned up now. That was all BP'S fault and they need to all be fired and replaced by decent people.

I'm not even gonna go into my opinion with the mosque due to the religion rule but I just don't care much about it.

True.
But still. It was an international thing.
ALSO.
There was a minor accident, not everything is the whole company's fault.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   

Back to top Go down
 
5 years later
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Newport Games Now Carries Corvus Belli 15mm 100 Years War
» What's gonna be after 100 years ?
» BMW 40 years of M Nürburgring classic
» 30 Years of Transformers
» Age of Empires III: The Thirty Years' War

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Reality :: General Discussion-
Jump to: