Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5 years later

Go down 
+6
Momo
GaiaAero
Gir
SoulSilverHeartGold
cdplayar
mrcatz
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8636
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

5 years later - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:21 pm

cdplayar wrote:
mrcatz wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
The oil spill didn't get enough.
That was a international crisis that threatened animals and the water supply. Still, I mean this in the lest offensive way, America is a drama mama.

Like with the ground zero Mosque. Mindset: "OMG TURBAN TERRORIST OMG HELP PL0X!" When it's just a place where THEY HAVE THE RIGHT to practice religion, if I understand American law.

take my word from it. yes it was a problem but it wasn't the end of the world. Most people looked at the headlines to see things like dead sea turtles found. Welll a lot were killed by fishermen who knew that they wouldn't get caught cuz of the oil. It's almost all cleaned up now. That was all BP'S fault and they need to all be fired and replaced by decent people.

I'm not even gonna go into my opinion with the mosque due to the religion rule but I just don't care much about it.

True.
But still. It was an international thing.
ALSO.
There was a minor accident, not everything is the whole company's fault.

Sorry but I don't think that an explosion that killed people and polluted the ocean a minor accident. BP made shortcuts with that well and it was entirely their fault for the oil in the gulf. Maybe some of the blame could have been to the inspectors that investigated the well but BP did not do a good job with the well's safety
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7891

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:24 pm

mrcatz wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
mrcatz wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
That was a international crisis that threatened animals and the water supply. Still, I mean this in the lest offensive way, America is a drama mama.

Like with the ground zero Mosque. Mindset: "OMG TURBAN TERRORIST OMG HELP PL0X!" When it's just a place where THEY HAVE THE RIGHT to practice religion, if I understand American law.

take my word from it. yes it was a problem but it wasn't the end of the world. Most people looked at the headlines to see things like dead sea turtles found. Welll a lot were killed by fishermen who knew that they wouldn't get caught cuz of the oil. It's almost all cleaned up now. That was all BP'S fault and they need to all be fired and replaced by decent people.

I'm not even gonna go into my opinion with the mosque due to the religion rule but I just don't care much about it.

True.
ALSO.

Sorry but I don't think that an explosion that killed people and polluted the ocean a minor accident. BP made shortcuts with that well and it was entirely their fault for the oil in the gulf. Maybe some of the blame could have been to the inspectors that investigated the well but BP did not do a good job with the well's safety

Again, you can't blame it on the whole company.
You even said it's probably the inspectors fault.
So, a minor accident turned into a giant mess.
By minor accident I mean the fact that somebody made an error, not the mess in general.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:26 pm

cdplayar wrote:
mrcatz wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
mrcatz wrote:
cdplayar wrote:

True.
ALSO.

Again, you can't blame it on the whole company.
You even said it's probably the inspectors fault.
So, a minor accident turned into a giant mess.
By minor accident I mean the fact that somebody made an error, not the mess in general.

Yes an error was made but it could have been prevented if they weren't trying to take shortcuts
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Let's drop BP, and the whole subject of attention, and just do what I suggested in my post.
Just remember the lives lost and people who suffered.
Back to top Go down
Noble Roar

Noble Roar

UT points : 6511

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:30 pm

This forum seems to like to discuss depressing things, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Star/index.php?
cdplayar

cdplayar

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Noble Roar wrote:

Unfortunately, yes.
-_-
Back to top Go down
Noble Roar

Noble Roar

UT points : 6511

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:35 pm

cdplayar wrote:
Noble Roar wrote:

Unfortunately, yes.
-_-

needs moar dramamama
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Star/index.php?
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:36 pm

cdplayar wrote:
Let's drop BP, and the whole subject of attention, and just do what I suggested in my post.
Just remember the lives lost and people who suffered.

okey dokey Smile
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14500
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Darn, I missed the debate where I could have just shut you all up at once... this is mildly depressing.
Also, Catz, if you read the update to the rules, there isn't a Religion rule anymore. I'm testing to see how responsible you all are (although this will probably backfire completely).

Also, to make it simple for people in the future, here is some advice: If you don't know about the topic, then don't post something stupid on it. Common sense saves time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Kanrik wrote:
Darn, I missed the debate where I could have just shut you all up at once... this is mildly depressing.
Also, Catz, if you read the update to the rules, there isn't a Religion rule anymore. I'm testing to see how responsible you all are (although this will probably backfire completely).

Also, to make it simple for people in the future, here is some advice: If you don't know about the topic, then don't post something stupid on it. Common sense saves time.

oh wow that would have come in handy. Either way I don't like talking about that just because I won't be able to take a side.
Sorry about you missing the debate though Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 years later   5 years later - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

5 years later
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2