Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My last IV'th generation team

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5698

My last IV'th generation team Empty
PostSubject: My last IV'th generation team   My last IV'th generation team EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:45 pm

This team consists jotho pokemon from lower tiers

Leadish predator:

Quilfish(scared!?)@live orb
poison point
jolly
252att/252spe/4def
-spikes//always useful
-toxic spikes//must on this team
-aqua jet//awsome priority attack
-destiny bond/explosion//if i am going down you're coming with me or WTF kaboom

if you need more detail ask he is not wearing focus sash cause houndom already has one

Wallish dino:

Meganium(Dino)@lefties
overgrown
bold
215hp/148def/144spatt
-aromatherapy//cures status problems
-energy ball//stab attack
-leech seeds//sucks
-light screen//aids my team

it is a smogon set

Rest of my deffencive core:

Corsola(ImAlive)@lefties
natural cure
bold
252hp/252def/4spatt
-calm mind//build up my lack of stats
-recover//restore hp duh
-surf/earth power/power gem//attacking move
-power gem/ice beam/toxic/barrier...//lots of options

works in great synergy with meganium... really! Razz

The most awsome stats inflicter/absorber:

Noctowl@flame orb
keen eye
calm
252hp/252spdef/4def
-rest//restores my hp
-sleep talk//no one knows what will happen
-psycho shift//allows me to burn with my flame orb
-night shade/whirlwind//most reliable damage dealing move i can get/or pseudo haze

after using rest i can sometimes pass my sleep on opponent with randomly called psycho shift and wake up imminently flame orb allows me to burn my opponents every other turn i am not asleep

Special sweeper :

houndoom(Ceberus)@focus sash
flash fire
timid
252spatt/252spe/4spdef
-fire blast/flamethrower//stab attack
-dark pulse//another stab move
-nasty plot//power up
-counter//literally counter for fighting types

houndoom works like magnet on hariyamas and poliwraphs counter lets me turn my weakness into my advantage

Phisical sweeper:

Donphan(Republican)@sitrus berry
sturdy
adamant/jolly
252att/252spe/4def
-rock polish//power up
-earthquake//best move in game
-head smash//most bad *** move in game
-ice shard/seed bomb//priority or cover(Shakespeare)

after rock polish it can outspeed everything ice shard in case of somethink scarfed or using priority moves seed bomb adds some cover sitrus berry lets me heal off some recoil damage

if you need more detail just ask OK!
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5180

PostSubject: Re: My last IV'th generation team   My last IV'th generation team EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:18 pm

nikodem123asdf wrote:
This team consists jotho pokemon from lower tiers
I assume this is UU, so all comments are made in tandem with UU metagame.
Leadish predator:

Quilfish(scared!?)@live orb
poison point
jolly
252att/252spe/4def
-spikes//always useful
-toxic spikes//must on this team
-aqua jet//awsome priority attack
-destiny bond/explosion//if i am going down you're coming with me or WTF kaboom

if you need more detail ask he is not wearing focus sash cause houndom already has one

That is pretty dumb reasoning, no offense. I know some areas of Pokemon Battle, you're not allowed to hold same items, but no Focus Sash is terrible. If you're playing UU, get rid of Toxic Spikes, since when an opponent switches on T-Spikes and happens to be a Venusaur or Drapion, your T-Spikes are gone. Waterfall is good and come up rather well against Kabutops leads. Taunt is also a must to prevent bulky leads such as Omastar from setting up.
Wallish dino:

Meganium(Dino)@lefties
overgrown
bold
215hp/148def/144spatt
-aromatherapy//cures status problems
-energy ball//stab attack
-leech seeds//sucks
-light screen//aids my team

it is a smogon set

Rest of my deffencive core:

Any decent player would know SubSeed sets are the most effective of Grass-type stall cores. Meganium's defenses are not that amazing, to be honest, and the chance of that thing walling ANYTHING is hard, since Grass-types boast a high number of weaknesses standing, and many are common standsets on standard sets e.g. LO Milotic w/ Ice Beam, Venusaur w/ Sludge Bomb, Houndoom w/ Fire Blast who can still hurt you with Pursuit on some sets. Plus, if this thing is walling, you're lacking a Recovery move *cough Synthesis cough*.
Corsola(ImAlive)@lefties
natural cure
bold
252hp/252def/4spatt
-calm mind//build up my lack of stats
-recover//restore hp duh
-surf/earth power/power gem//attacking move
-power gem/ice beam/toxic/barrier...//lots of options

works in great synergy with meganium... really! Razz

As a firm believer of cool stuff, I think it's time for something unprecedented. I would suggest Calm Mind/Recover/Surf/Substitute. If used right, it should really tank out and do a lot of damage to many Pokemon in UU once you get rid of checks such as Milotic and Venusaur.
The most awsome stats inflicter/absorber:

Noctowl@flame orb
keen eye
calm
252hp/252spdef/4def
-rest//restores my hp
-sleep talk//no one knows what will happen
-psycho shift//allows me to burn with my flame orb
-night shade/whirlwind//most reliable damage dealing move i can get/or pseudo haze

after using rest i can sometimes pass my sleep on opponent with randomly called psycho shift and wake up imminently flame orb allows me to burn my opponents every other turn i am not asleep
This is madness. This almost sounds as bad as when I put a Flame Orb on my Milotic. This concept of this set is broken enough: So you Psycho Shift a burn you got from Flame Orb, them you get burned again, then you rest it off, then after you wake up, you get burned again. And when the Gutsy Pokemon come in, you're royally screwed, since these guys live to get burned.
Special sweeper :

houndoom(Ceberus)@focus sash
flash fire
timid
252spatt/252spe/4spdef
-fire blast/flamethrower//stab attack
-dark pulse//another stab move
-nasty plot//power up
-counter//literally counter for fighting types

houndoom works like magnet on hariyamas and poliwraphs counter lets me turn my weakness into my advantage
What's the point of a midgame sasher? Considering that Stealth Rock is literally up in almost every battle, Focus Sash+Counter is not going to work without Rapid Spin, even on a suppose-to-be Spinner a.k.a. Donphan. Counter can be replaced with Pursuit and an EV redo.
Phisical sweeper:

Donphan(Republican)@sitrus berry
sturdy
adamant/jolly
252att/252spe/4def
-rock polish//power up
-earthquake//best move in game
-head smash//most bad *** move in game
-ice shard/seed bomb//priority or cover(Shakespeare)

after rock polish it can outspeed everything ice shard in case of somethink scarfed or using priority moves seed bomb adds some cover sitrus berry lets me heal off some recoil damage

Berries are unreliable, and Stone Edge will do just as well. Why settle for overkill and hurt yourself in the process when you could use something just as efficient but without big drawbacks.

if you need more detail just ask OK!
All comments are made in Bold. Plus, your team is heavily walled by Milotic, considering that Venusaur and Milotic almost go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: My last IV'th generation team   My last IV'th generation team EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:31 pm

from the top:

quilfish gets waterfall instead of aqua jet and gets focus sash toxic spikes are to precious to me

meganium gets syntesis instead of light screen and maybe sub instead of aromatherapy (never found that move really useful) to make a really sucky set

corsola gets the moves you told me about Very Happy

noctowl...yeah i got a bit carried away with that set Razz but it doesnt pass only burn it can also pass sleep(from rest) and and let me wake up the turn i do so

houndoom gets live orb and learns protect or sucker punch instead of counter

donphan gets seed bomb and about "Why settle for overkill and hurt yourself in the process when you could use something just as efficient but without big drawbacks." cause i always wanted to use that move and you should put more faith in sitrus berries they saved me many times and they will do even in next generation

and sorry for not replying i had busy week at school
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8657
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: My last IV'th generation team   My last IV'th generation team EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Well your noctowl set is not that good for UU like eagle said but it is effective in OU on Cress. It is MTGXEXES'S set that has rest/sleep talk/psyco shift. Since cress is so bulky it's pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5677

PostSubject: Re: My last IV'th generation team   My last IV'th generation team EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:26 am

mrcatz wrote:
Well your noctowl set is not that good for UU like eagle said but it is effective in OU on Cress. It is MTGXEXES'S set that has rest/sleep talk/psyco shift. Since cress is so bulky it's pretty cool

Yeah especially with the assumption that heracross' are gonna be running rampant now you DEFINITELY don't want to be shifting, oh I don't know, a burn.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: My last IV'th generation team   My last IV'th generation team EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 am

i still feel like using a flying type maybe togetic/xatu with double screen, wish and protect i will work on ev's later Wink or mantine he works in great synergy with donphan cant think of moves for them right now just wait

UPDATE

Xatu@light clay
synchronise
timid
252hp/252spe
-light screen
-reflect
-wish
-protect

i found this set very useful in my pbr battles

togetic@light clay
serene grace
calm
252hp/252spdef
-light screen
-reflect
-roost/protect
-wish

i think that protect-wish version is better but give me your opinion

mantine@lefties
water absorb
calm
252hp/252spdef
-rest
-sleep talk
-hydro pump
-ice beam

yeah pretty boring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My last IV'th generation team   My last IV'th generation team Empty

Back to top Go down

My last IV'th generation team
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: