Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?

Go down 
+8
Pialga93
Evil
Momo
eaglehawks
Shnoogle
ninjatreecko12
Gir
Temius
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5582

Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:27 am

I want to know what you think the best pokemon for each of those positions is
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6242

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:49 am

All around
Physical-Giratina(Alternate form)
Special-Blissey
Mixed-(purely opinion here) Suicune
Back to top Go down
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

UT points : 5573

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:14 pm

In my opinion the best:
Mixed- Registeel
Special-Blissey
Physical- Skarmory (just because of only one weakness)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tromboneandpokemon12
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7692

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:44 pm

If you are trying to find Pokémon for your team, asking what is the best wall is not the way to go because there are many walls that are really effective, but have different functions. That said, the best defensive combo in the game is Skarm-Bliss just because each one counters the other's weaknesses for the most part. Things like Taunt Gyarados and Mixed Infernape easily beat that combo, but that is why you have teammates. Vaporeon is a good choice to take these other Pokémon on because it easily wins against special and mixed Infernape and Gyarados, provided it has HP [Electric]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5180

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:16 pm

This is somewhat the same thread on Smogon. The point is, there is no "Best of the Best" simply because the pokemon you choose as walls are suppose to complement your teams. Different walls serve different purposes on different teams. While one can work amazing on one team, it could suck terribly on a another team.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6589

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Hey my post got deleted

Abyway blissey
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5180

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Momo wrote:
Hey my post got deleted

Abyway blissey
I come in with mixed infernape
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7625

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Momo wrote:
Hey my post got deleted

I know its annoying right? :>
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:55 pm

If you don't want your posts deleted then give them a little more thought instead of posting 2 word responses without really explaining anything
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
If you don't want your posts deleted then give them a little more thought instead of posting 2 word responses without really explaining anything

"blissey"

you need a explanation of why its the best spdef wall?

really?

please, posts like those stands out by itself

Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Well, you also have to be aware of who your audience is... Temius isn't that experienced yet and you may want to mention that not all teams can just use Blissey and it will be effective. Otherwise, he may just read your post and assume that he can just slap a Blissey, Skarmory or whatever on his team and he really won't be learning anything. That's why it is better to explain your post than to post 2 word responses
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Well, you also have to be aware of who your audience is... Temius isn't that experienced yet and you may want to mention that not all teams can just use Blissey and it will be effective. Otherwise, he may just read your post and assume that he can just slap a Blissey, Skarmory or whatever on his team and he really won't be learning anything. That's why it is better to explain your post than to post 2 word responses

and you decide criticizing momo for that?

Gir wrote:
All around
Physical-Giratina(Alternate form)
Special-Blissey
Mixed-(purely opinion here) Suicune

ninjatreecko12 wrote:
In my opinion the best:
Mixed- Registeel
Special-Blissey
Physical- Skarmory (just because of only one weakness)

nope, no explanations there, might as well bother them too.
Back to top Go down
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

UT points : 5573

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:37 am

You want me to explain my opinions I'll edit my post later. Is that okay?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tromboneandpokemon12
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:44 am

You shouldn't have to explain if you actually post something that is more than 1 word, but you know, no one is going to win this argument so I will just stop now.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:39 am

eaglehawks wrote:
This is somewhat the same thread on Smogon. The point is, there is no "Best of the Best" simply because the pokemon you choose as walls are suppose to complement your teams. Different walls serve different purposes on different teams. While one can work amazing on one team, it could suck terribly on a another team.
I'm just asking for opinions on favorites, don't overthink things. this is just for fun
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:41 am

Shnoogle wrote:
dude, I'm actually pretty experienced. I have like 5 teams in 3 different tiers and they are all pretty good. I'm not just some idiot who will put blissey and skarmory with 4 other random pokemon. give me soem credit. And by the way, this is just for fun, I think we can all figure out why some people's favorite walls are their favorite
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Temius wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
dude, I'm actually pretty experienced. I have like 5 teams in 3 different tiers and they are all pretty good. I'm not just some idiot who will put blissey and skarmory with 4 other random pokemon. give me soem credit. And by the way, this is just for fun, I think we can all figure out why some people's favorite walls are their favorite

Then maybe you shouldn't have stated that you have only been battling competitively for ~2 months because that paired with some of the teams I've seen of yours leads me to believe otherwise
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:11 pm

the teams I post here are just simple teams that I came up with in like half an hour. I post my more serious teams elsewhere. I think you need to swallow a little of your pride and leave people alone
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Temius wrote:
the teams I post here are just simple teams that I came up with in like half an hour. I post my more serious teams elsewhere. I think you need to swallow a little of your pride and leave people alone

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a pretty humble dude. I saw your team on Smogon, too, if that is what you consider to be more serious.

With regards to the bold section, you are actually the only person ever on here who thinks that I'm some sort of bad guy. Isn't that a bit odd?...

It seems that you and me will never cooperate well, so from here on out, I'll try to not post stuff to help you out if that would make you happy.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:16 pm

I dunno about me being the only one with a problem with you. I don't dislike YOU, I dislike the things that you say. And no, I don't use smogon anymore.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Is skarmory or hippowdon better?
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6242

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Temius wrote:
Is skarmory or hippowdon better?
Ok, you simply dont get it do you? Let me spell it for it you

I.T. I.S U.P T.O T.H.E T.E.A.M.

The olny reason I said Giratina-A is the best physical wall is because he usually fits the role better, however, there are times when Lugia or Groudon will be better(for example, when your team is Rayquaza weak).
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5746

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:52 pm

I loves me my vensaur. Razz
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:04 pm

I just want to know which wall you think is more useful in general. Just your preference. I'm not aasking for team synergy or partnering up, I just want to know which wall you think is better. Chill out, Gir
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5746

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Smogon HQWho is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? N7187318041_1584760_1965642
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?   Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the best Mixed/Special/Physical wall?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next