The Uuttitan Community Forums
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Dude, It's a Geodude!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 5108
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:34 pm

This is my LC SandStorm Team!
I am new to LC so bare with me Smile

HungryHippo (Hippopotas) (M) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 212 HP / 36 Atk / 212 Def / 36 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Rock Slide

Hippopotas is obvious on a sandstorm team because of it's ability: Sand Stream. What this Hippo does is set ups the sandstorm and stealth rocks. Slack off is there because to extend survivability in-case a snover comes along, the same purpose of the oran berry. Earthquake is for STAB and Rock Slide is for those flying types.

Geodude @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature: +Attack, -Sp. Attack
36 HP / 196 Attack / 36 Defense / 36 Sp. Defense / 196 Speed
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Explosion
~Rock Polish

Geodude outruns everything in LC without a Choice Scarf or a speed boost after a Rock Polish. You really want to scout for priority users when using this set, as well as Choice Scarfers.

~Shnoogle's Rate

Glide (Gligar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace

Gligar acts as the scout and the revenge killer. With high attack, sand veil, and excellent speed it should be a problem.

Croagunk @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature: +Attack, -Defense
188 Attack / 188 Sp. Attack / 116 Speed
Dry Skin
~Vaccum Wave
~Sucker Punch
~Fake Out
~Shadow Ball/Ice Punch

Croagunk is an amazing revenge killer with three good priority moves. Vacuum Wave for STAB, Sucker Punch for its power, and Fake Out for free damage. In the last slot, Shadow Ball is good to hit Gastly switch ins who set up all over you with their Substitute sets if you don't have it, and you can also OHKO them switching in unlike Ice Punch. However, Ice Punch is very useful for Gligar. Remember, you do not out speed Gligar, but if you have decent prediction skills and Gligar has shown its face earlier on in the battle it isn't too difficult to select Ice Punch when it is obvious that Gligar will switch in to take the Vacuum Wave, Fake Out etc... You can run Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball, but I generally think the Sp. Defense drop is more worthwhile than a flinch because with only 13 Speed, you won't flinch many things, but if something out speeds you and attacks and you survive, a Sp. Defense drop can put it into KO range from Vacuum Wave.
~Shnoogle's Rate

Wynaut @ Oran Berry
Impish Nature: +Defense, -Sp. Attack
76 HP / 132 Defense / 212 Sp. Defense / 12 Speed
~Mirror Coat
~Counter
~Encore
~Tickle

Tickle could be interesting in some cases because Munchlax has Pursuit, so when you get them to around -2 or -3 Defense, Munchlax can switch in, trap them, and take them out with Pursuit. The 12 Speed EVs allow you to out speed Bronzor, an extremely common Pokémon in LC due to it being the best Steel type in the metagame, and Encore SR, Psychic etc...
~Shnoogle's Rate

Munchlax @ Oran Berry
Careful Nature: +Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk
Thick Fat
236 Attack / 36 Defense / 236 Sp. Defense
~Body Slam
~Thunderpunch
~Pursuit
~Earthquake

Thunderpunch for Mantyke, EQ for Chinchou. Pursuit is for Gastly who also gives you team a bit of trouble, and you have your choice of STAB move in either Body Slam or Return.
~Shnoogle's Rate


Last edited by SoulSilverHeartGold on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3606
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:48 pm

What's LC?
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 5108
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Temius wrote:
What's LC?

Seriously you don't know Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
FlareZen

avatar

Posts : 84
UT points : 3190
Join date : 2010-05-20
Age : 27
Location : Hotel Mario California

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:06 pm

LC is little cup where you use nfe pokemon. Baltoy would be helpful if you went for a sandstorm trick room team. However i do like this team set up, and you got two pokemon getting 50% sp def boost from sandstorm as well. As you said, just need to watch out for aqua jet users.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 5108
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:22 pm

FlareZen wrote:
LC is little cup where you use nfe pokemon. Baltoy would be helpful if you went for a sandstorm trick room team. However i do like this team set up, and you got two pokemon getting 50% sp def boost from sandstorm as well. As you said, just need to watch out for aqua jet users.

I had one battle with this team and geodude dies easily with surf even with the SP.Def boast Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3606
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:40 pm

I'm such a genius. I didn't realize LC was short for little cup
Back to top Go down
Momo

avatar

Posts : 1944
UT points : 4613
Join date : 2009-07-31
Age : 92
Location : in brawl owning n00bs

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Add more rock drop cynda

If you want we can battle once I get my team sav'd
Back to top Go down
Evil

avatar

Posts : 1177
UT points : 5649
Join date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:48 am

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Temius wrote:
What's LC?

Seriously you don't know Shocked

Oh hey I forgot that existed. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

avatar

Posts : 1710
UT points : 5716
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Scranton

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Agility Chinchou just completely destroys this team. After an Agility, which isn't hard to do considering it can set up on Agua Tail/Aerial Ace Gligar, Magnemite locked into Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, or Flash Cannon, and Cyndaquil locked into Double Kick, Eruption, or HP [Electric]. The same goes for Agility Mantyke expect it cannot set up as easily against Magnemite, but EQ cannot hurt it at all. I would recommend a Munchlax to remedy this problem. It can go over Cyndaquil because to be honest, it really isn't very useful in LC and you already have a CS user in Gligar.

Munchlax @ Oran Berry
Careful Nature: +Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk
Thick Fat
236 Attack / 36 Defense / 236 Sp. Defense
~Body Slam/Return
~Thunderpunch
~Pursuit
~Earthquake

Thunderpunch for Mantyke, EQ for Chinchou. Pursuit is for Gastly who also gives you team a bit of trouble, and you have your choice of STAB move in either Body Slam or Return.

That Geodude set is just flat out horrible. The only reason you should use Geodude in general over Rhyhorn is for Explosion. Thunderpunch has limited use on Geodude as Stone Edge hits everything weak to Thunderpunch for the same or more damage, and is a great STAB move. Here is the set that you should try...

Geodude @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature: +Attack, -Sp. Attack
36 HP / 196 Attack / 36 Defense / 36 Sp. Defense / 196 Speed
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Explosion
~Rock Polish

Geodude outruns everything in LC without a Choice Scarf or a speed boost after a Rock Polish. The moves are obvious, so I won't explain them. You really want to scout for priority users when using this set, as well as Choice Scarfers. The most common Choice Scarfers, Chinchou and Gligar, easily come in for a revenge kill, and you are weak to the oh so popular Agua Jet, Vacuum Wave, Mach Punch and, to a lesser extent, Bullet Punch and Ice Shard.

Since Geodude is one of your "main" Pokémon (I inferred that from the title, I'm not sure if it actually is) I would recommend pairing this set with a Wynaut. Keep in mind, before you say anything, that Wynaut is legal in LC. It can easily revenge Choice Scarf Pokémon and although it is harder, Choice Speced and Banded Pokémon.


Wynaut @ Oran Berry
Impish Nature: +Defense, -Sp. Attack
76 HP / 132 Defense / 212 Sp. Defense / 12 Speed
~Mirror Coat
~Counter
~Encore
~Destiny Bond/Tickle

You most likely won't be using Destiny Bond or Tickle much, but they are better than Wynaut's other options, Safeguard, Charm, and Splash. Tickle could be interesting in some cases because Munchlax has Pursuit, so when you get them to around -2 or -3 Defense, Munchlax can switch in, trap them, and take them out with Pursuit. The 12 Speed EVs allow you to out speed Bronzor, an extremely common Pokémon in LC due to it being the best Steel type in the metagame, and Encore SR, Psychic etc...

I would recommend Wynaut over Magnemite, as Magnemite isn't that great in LC because it's low Speed lets it down a lot. In many matches in will be dead weight for your team, and since Wynaut takes on Bronzor so very well (Magnemite's main use is to trap Bronzor), it really isn't needed.


Shieldon is just completely awful in LC, as it is weak to three of the most common attacking types in Fighting, Ground, and Water has completely horrid attacking stats, and very low HP. Just as a general rule, also, status moves aren't very useful in LC because of the hyper offensive play style. Sleep Powder and Thunderwave are the most useful, and even then most Pokémon in LC have better options. I would suggest you replace Shieldon with a Croagunk, as with three of your Pokémon being weak to Water moves, he can easily find time to come in and hurt things. Also, you are lacking Priority outside of CS Gligar, which I wouldn't call priority anyways. In LC, priority is extremely useful with all of the set up sweepers such as DD Larvitar, Rock Polish/SD Gligar etc...

Croagunk @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature: +Attack, -Defense
188 Attack / 188 Sp. Attack / 116 Speed
Dry Skin
~Vaccum Wave
~Sucker Punch
~Fake Out
~Shadow Ball/Ice Punch

Croagunk is an amazing revenge killer with three good priority moves. Vacuum Wave for STAB, Sucker Punch for its power, and Fake Out for free damage. In the last slot, Shadow Ball is good to hit Gastly switch ins who set up all over you with their Substitute sets if you don't have it, and you can also OHKO them switching in unlike Ice Punch. However, Ice Punch is very useful for Gligar. Remember, you do not out speed Gligar, but if you have decent prediction skills and Gligar has shown its face earlier on in the battle it isn't too difficult to select Ice Punch when it is obvious that Gligar will switch in to take the Vacuum Wave, Fake Out etc... You can run Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball, but I generally think the Sp. Defense drop is more worthwhile than a flinch because with only 13 Speed, you won't flinch many things, but if something out speeds you and attacks and you survive, a Sp. Defense drop can put it into KO range from Vacuum Wave.

Hope I helped =)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 5108
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Agility Chinchou just completely destroys this team. After an Agility, which isn't hard to do considering it can set up on Agua Tail/Aerial Ace Gligar, Magnemite locked into Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, or Flash Cannon, and Cyndaquil locked into Double Kick, Eruption, or HP [Electric]. The same goes for Agility Mantyke expect it cannot set up as easily against Magnemite, but EQ cannot hurt it at all. I would recommend a Munchlax to remedy this problem. It can go over Cyndaquil because to be honest, it really isn't very useful in LC and you already have a CS user in Gligar.

Munchlax @ Oran Berry
Careful Nature: +Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk
Thick Fat
236 Attack / 36 Defense / 236 Sp. Defense
~Body Slam/Return
~Thunderpunch
~Pursuit
~Earthquake

Thunderpunch for Mantyke, EQ for Chinchou. Pursuit is for Gastly who also gives you team a bit of trouble, and you have your choice of STAB move in either Body Slam or Return.

That Geodude set is just flat out horrible. The only reason you should use Geodude in general over Rhyhorn is for Explosion. Thunderpunch has limited use on Geodude as Stone Edge hits everything weak to Thunderpunch for the same or more damage, and is a great STAB move. Here is the set that you should try...

Geodude @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature: +Attack, -Sp. Attack
36 HP / 196 Attack / 36 Defense / 36 Sp. Defense / 196 Speed
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Explosion
~Rock Polish

Geodude outruns everything in LC without a Choice Scarf or a speed boost after a Rock Polish. The moves are obvious, so I won't explain them. You really want to scout for priority users when using this set, as well as Choice Scarfers. The most common Choice Scarfers, Chinchou and Gligar, easily come in for a revenge kill, and you are weak to the oh so popular Agua Jet, Vacuum Wave, Mach Punch and, to a lesser extent, Bullet Punch and Ice Shard.

Since Geodude is one of your "main" Pokémon (I inferred that from the title, I'm not sure if it actually is) I would recommend pairing this set with a Wynaut. Keep in mind, before you say anything, that Wynaut is legal in LC. It can easily revenge Choice Scarf Pokémon and although it is harder, Choice Speced and Banded Pokémon.


Wynaut @ Oran Berry
Impish Nature: +Defense, -Sp. Attack
76 HP / 132 Defense / 212 Sp. Defense / 12 Speed
~Mirror Coat
~Counter
~Encore
~Destiny Bond/Tickle

You most likely won't be using Destiny Bond or Tickle much, but they are better than Wynaut's other options, Safeguard, Charm, and Splash. Tickle could be interesting in some cases because Munchlax has Pursuit, so when you get them to around -2 or -3 Defense, Munchlax can switch in, trap them, and take them out with Pursuit. The 12 Speed EVs allow you to out speed Bronzor, an extremely common Pokémon in LC due to it being the best Steel type in the metagame, and Encore SR, Psychic etc...

I would recommend Wynaut over Magnemite, as Magnemite isn't that great in LC because it's low Speed lets it down a lot. In many matches in will be dead weight for your team, and since Wynaut takes on Bronzor so very well (Magnemite's main use is to trap Bronzor), it really isn't needed.


Shieldon is just completely awful in LC, as it is weak to three of the most common attacking types in Fighting, Ground, and Water has completely horrid attacking stats, and very low HP. Just as a general rule, also, status moves aren't very useful in LC because of the hyper offensive play style. Sleep Powder and Thunderwave are the most useful, and even then most Pokémon in LC have better options. I would suggest you replace Shieldon with a Croagunk, as with three of your Pokémon being weak to Water moves, he can easily find time to come in and hurt things. Also, you are lacking Priority outside of CS Gligar, which I wouldn't call priority anyways. In LC, priority is extremely useful with all of the set up sweepers such as DD Larvitar, Rock Polish/SD Gligar etc...

Croagunk @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature: +Attack, -Defense
188 Attack / 188 Sp. Attack / 116 Speed
Dry Skin
~Vaccum Wave
~Sucker Punch
~Fake Out
~Shadow Ball/Ice Punch

Croagunk is an amazing revenge killer with three good priority moves. Vacuum Wave for STAB, Sucker Punch for its power, and Fake Out for free damage. In the last slot, Shadow Ball is good to hit Gastly switch ins who set up all over you with their Substitute sets if you don't have it, and you can also OHKO them switching in unlike Ice Punch. However, Ice Punch is very useful for Gligar. Remember, you do not out speed Gligar, but if you have decent prediction skills and Gligar has shown its face earlier on in the battle it isn't too difficult to select Ice Punch when it is obvious that Gligar will switch in to take the Vacuum Wave, Fake Out etc... You can run Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball, but I generally think the Sp. Defense drop is more worthwhile than a flinch because with only 13 Speed, you won't flinch many things, but if something out speeds you and attacks and you survive, a Sp. Defense drop can put it into KO range from Vacuum Wave.

Hope I helped =)

Thanks for the enormous rate and yes the main pokemon is Geodude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Shnoogle

avatar

Posts : 1710
UT points : 5716
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Scranton

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:21 pm

lol your welcome and good luck with the team =D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
eaglehawks

avatar

Posts : 307
UT points : 3204
Join date : 2010-06-14
Location : Johto

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Wait. Wynaut is uber, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Gir

avatar

Posts : 534
UT points : 4266
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:38 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
Wait. Wynaut is uber, isn't it?
It is allowed in LC, as weird as that sounds(Im not entirely sure why is that, but I remember Shnoogle once mentioning the reason)

_________________


Dan hitted the nail on how Gen V metagame is gonna be:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

avatar

Posts : 1710
UT points : 5716
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Scranton

PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:55 am

I never read on Smogon the exact reasoning, but I have always assumed that it had something to with the fact that everything hits much harder in LC (even resisted hits hurt) which leads to Wynaut not being able to Counter/Mirror coat everything in sight like Wobbuffet does in other tiers. Usually, Wynaut traps a scarfed Pokémon, Counters or Mirror Coats for the kill, and has a Pokémon like Houndoor, Gastly, Paras etc... come in and kill it.

Another reason is that Wobbuffet really screws stall with Encore and decent bulk to take weak hits. Because stall is such an awful play style in LC, and offense has and always will be the dominant play style, Wynaut's usefulness against all of the hard hitters in LC like Carvanha, Elekid, Cranidos etc... is somewhat limited.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dude, It's a Geodude!   

Back to top Go down
 
Dude, It's a Geodude!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» mega HOT dude!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: