The Uuttitan Community Forums
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Idea for a Lucario Moveset

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ninetalescommander

avatar

Posts : 28
UT points : 3704
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 31
Location : West Midlands, England

PostSubject: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Hello everyone

I've recently been looking into Lucario's movepool and I may have come up with a better Reversal set than Smogon's

Lucario (duh)
Nature: Lonely
EV's: 252 atk, 252 spd
Item: Focus Sash
Moves: Reversal, Extremespeed, Stone Edge & Agility

I'm sure this set is pretty obvious so i'll give a quick description
Basic plan, come in on a Pokemon that can hurt Lucario, use agility, and then attempt to sweep with Reversal
Extremespeed is there for Focus Sashers and pokemon in red health
Lonely nature is so its easier for Lucario to hit 1HP for Reversal to be in max power
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3606
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:32 pm

This Luke just won't do enough damage. The only move you have to hit ghosts is stone edge, and that has pretty low accuracy. this set will be completely walled by many pokes. And pokemon with priority moves will mess you up. you will probably get 1 ko, then they will switch into a scizor or luke of their own, and since most every team runs SR nowadays, you pretty much just have to die. There isn't much usefulness in this set, sorry.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

avatar

Posts : 2486
UT points : 5108
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Temius wrote:
This Luke just won't do enough damage. The only move you have to hit ghosts is stone edge, and that has pretty low accuracy. this set will be completely walled by many pokes. And pokemon with priority moves will mess you up. you will probably get 1 ko, then they will switch into a scizor or luke of their own, and since most every team runs SR nowadays, you pretty much just have to die. There isn't much usefulness in this set, sorry.

Well Stone still hits most of the time accuracy isn't that big of a factor. Also if he has spin support he can still use this set.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3606
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:22 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Temius wrote:
This Luke just won't do enough damage. The only move you have to hit ghosts is stone edge, and that has pretty low accuracy. this set will be completely walled by many pokes. And pokemon with priority moves will mess you up. you will probably get 1 ko, then they will switch into a scizor or luke of their own, and since most every team runs SR nowadays, you pretty much just have to die. There isn't much usefulness in this set, sorry.

Well Stone still hits most of the time accuracy isn't that big of a factor. Also if he has spin support he can still use this set.
no he can't. Stone edge misses all the time, and priority moves are pretty common in OU
Back to top Go down
Evil

avatar

Posts : 1177
UT points : 5649
Join date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Temius wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Temius wrote:
This Luke just won't do enough damage. The only move you have to hit ghosts is stone edge, and that has pretty low accuracy. this set will be completely walled by many pokes. And pokemon with priority moves will mess you up. you will probably get 1 ko, then they will switch into a scizor or luke of their own, and since most every team runs SR nowadays, you pretty much just have to die. There isn't much usefulness in this set, sorry.

Well Stone still hits most of the time accuracy isn't that big of a factor. Also if he has spin support he can still use this set.
no he can't. Stone edge misses all the time, and priority moves are pretty common in OU

you cant really argue that it misses all the time, stuff just happens.

tho I do agree with the priority moves, a pokemon like this should be moved to the lower tiers, where a few are only present (or unless I'm too outdated, then ignore that statement)
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3606
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:12 pm

I shouldnt've said it misses all the time. It misses enough to really make your success based too much on luck. I'd want a set where, even if I got unlucky a couple times, it wouldn't be guaranteed defeat.
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander

avatar

Posts : 28
UT points : 3704
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 31
Location : West Midlands, England

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Temius wrote:
This Luke just won't do enough damage. The only move you have to hit ghosts is stone edge, and that has pretty low accuracy. this set will be completely walled by many pokes. And pokemon with priority moves will mess you up. you will probably get 1 ko, then they will switch into a scizor or luke of their own, and since most every team runs SR nowadays, you pretty much just have to die. There isn't much usefulness in this set, sorry.

Okay, 2 things to say
1. This set is used on PBR, which isn't exactly competitive
2. Stone edge actually hits alot for me, and don't go saying i'm lucky because I don't believe in luck
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3606
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:24 pm

ninetalescommander wrote:
Temius wrote:
This Luke just won't do enough damage. The only move you have to hit ghosts is stone edge, and that has pretty low accuracy. this set will be completely walled by many pokes. And pokemon with priority moves will mess you up. you will probably get 1 ko, then they will switch into a scizor or luke of their own, and since most every team runs SR nowadays, you pretty much just have to die. There isn't much usefulness in this set, sorry.

Okay, 2 things to say
1. This set is used on PBR, which isn't exactly competitive
2. Stone edge actually hits alot for me, and don't go saying i'm lucky because I don't believe in luck
I never said anything about you being lucky
Stone edge just isn't consistent enough when you're poke will get killed by a chansey's tackle
THINK!


Last edited by Temius on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

avatar

Posts : 717
UT points : 3770
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 25
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Temius wrote:
ninetalescommander wrote:
Temius wrote:
This Luke just won't do enough damage. The only move you have to hit ghosts is stone edge, and that has pretty low accuracy. this set will be completely walled by many pokes. And pokemon with priority moves will mess you up. you will probably get 1 ko, then they will switch into a scizor or luke of their own, and since most every team runs SR nowadays, you pretty much just have to die. There isn't much usefulness in this set, sorry.

Okay, 2 things to say
1. This set is used on PBR, which isn't exactly competitive
2. Stone edge actually hits alot for me, and don't go saying i'm lucky because I don't believe in luck
I never f*cking said anything about you being lucky
Stone edge just isn't consistent enough when you're poke will get killed by a chansey's tackle
THINK!
that's enough Temius, no need to curse or give a nasty attitude.
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3606
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:59 pm

yes there is. People need to quit getting all defensive all the time. There is no need to get mad at me for talking about luck. And where do you get off telling me: "That's enough"
You're not a **** mod, don't patronize me!
Back to top Go down
Evil

avatar

Posts : 1177
UT points : 5649
Join date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Dont patronize him meenie faces Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

avatar

Posts : 717
UT points : 3770
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 25
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Temius wrote:
yes there is. People need to quit getting all defensive all the time. There is no need to get mad at me for talking about luck. And where do you get off telling me: "That's enough"
You're not a **** mod, don't patronize me!
-_- I'm getting defensive? you know your getting worked up over another person's strategy in a videogame. Your just being too aggressive to our other users. We just had a forum discussion about a better attitude on here. Weren't you here?
Back to top Go down
ScizzorTrainer

avatar

Posts : 114
UT points : 3443
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far far away.

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Just one thing... Why do you have agility on a REVENGE set? Doesn't make it a moot point? This would be good if it were an attacking set. And while I do like to be original sometimes, I do think there is a bit to original. Sorry dude. And Temius, just stop.
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3606
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:59 pm

He means the MOVE revenge, not a style of poke, dude.
And pialga, defensive and aggressive are 2 different things. I'm getting worked up because he can't handle criticism when he's asking for it. Try to get something right next time you whine at me
Back to top Go down
ScizzorTrainer

avatar

Posts : 114
UT points : 3443
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far far away.

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Temius wrote:
He means the MOVE revenge, not a style of poke, dude.
And pialga, defensive and aggressive are 2 different things. I'm getting worked up because he can't handle criticism when he's asking for it. Try to get something right next time you whine at me

I know, that's what I'm saying. Isn't the point of using revenge to take damage and double the damage on returning the hit?
Back to top Go down
FlareZen

avatar

Posts : 84
UT points : 3190
Join date : 2010-05-20
Age : 27
Location : Hotel Mario California

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:23 pm

ScizzorTrainer wrote:

I know, that's what I'm saying. Isn't the point of using revenge to take damage and double the damage on returning the hit?

You want to double check it says "Reversal" not Revenge. Reversal works the same way as flail. you want your hp at its lowest and agility will help make a sweep as long they do not have a priority move.
Back to top Go down
ScizzorTrainer

avatar

Posts : 114
UT points : 3443
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far far away.

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 pm

FlareZen wrote:
ScizzorTrainer wrote:

I know, that's what I'm saying. Isn't the point of using revenge to take damage and double the damage on returning the hit?

You want to double check it says "Reversal" not Revenge. Reversal works the same way as flail. you want your hp at its lowest and agility will help make a sweep as long they do not have a priority move.

Mama mia... Alright, I'm an idiot.
Sorry... Good moveset *walks off*
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander

avatar

Posts : 28
UT points : 3704
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 31
Location : West Midlands, England

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Temius wrote:
He means the MOVE revenge, not a style of poke, dude.
And pialga, defensive and aggressive are 2 different things. I'm getting worked up because he can't handle criticism when he's asking for it. Try to get something right next time you whine at me

Okay, 4 things to say
1. Terminus, I know you never mentioned luck, so i've no idea why you brought that up
2. I have no idea where the move revenge came into this matter
The moves say "Reversal" not Revenge
3. I know priority can ruin this set but you get that risk with pretty much every moveset, hence the reason extremespeed is listed
4. I will admit Stealth Rock does ruin this as well, but SR isn't used much on PBR so it dosen't matter much, plus i'd usually lead with this Lucario set
If this was for Competitive play, I probably wouldn't run this


Last edited by ninetalescommander on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed extra reason)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Idea for a Lucario Moveset   

Back to top Go down
 
Idea for a Lucario Moveset
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Business Idea - International Internet Chess School
» anybody have idea where to get chronos master engine
» Age of Empires III: Modern Asia
» Idea for bearville.com!
» Idea: Recycled Bear!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: