The Uuttitan Community Forums
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kay, let's chat.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1486
UT points : 12179
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 26
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Deadluiga wrote:
Well, Uutton and Giga DID play other games, BFH, WaW, SSBB, MKW, uuttitan gaming would work =D
Uutton was mostly pokemon, he tried Playthroughs once, and with his already massive fan base it worked for awhile, but that didn't last long.

As for Giga, name the last time he has uploaded himself playing a game -.-''

We just need people who would be willing to do it, and who can do it kinda often (I may be able to do Black Ops here in the future... maybe)

_________________



-Sig and Avi made by me-
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
Deadluiga



Posts : 305
UT points : 3660
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Kanrik wrote:
Deadluiga wrote:
Well, Uutton and Giga DID play other games, BFH, WaW, SSBB, MKW, uuttitan gaming would work =D
Uutton was mostly pokemon, he tried Playthroughs once, and with his already massive fan base it worked for awhile, but that didn't last long.

As for Giga, name the last time he has uploaded himself playing a game -.-''

We just need people who would be willing to do it, and who can do it kinda often (I may be able to do Black Ops here in the future... maybe)
No, name the last time he uploaded anything.
Back to top Go down
FlareZen

avatar

Posts : 84
UT points : 2824
Join date : 2010-05-20
Age : 26
Location : Hotel Mario California

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Well i was thinking of lping Majora's Mask. So i will try to help out with playing different games besides pokemon.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

avatar

Posts : 246
UT points : 2795
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:39 pm

I know that I haven't been here long, but I would be happy to record some other games.
I'm a big fan of old-school NES games, and I could do some commentaries.

Again, I haven't been here long, but I also would like to help the forum grow. I am fine whether or not the forum does change it's look or theme, but whether it does or not, we need to advertise. We could advertise through Youtube, other forums, Chat rooms, and even in real life.

I know that this is the idea that everyone has been saying, but it is by far one of the best ideas.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

avatar

Posts : 1982
UT points : 6315
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 22
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm fine making this place a gaming comunity. It'll cause more publicity and a bigger diversity to the Youtube.
Back to top Go down
song0flife

avatar

Posts : 115
UT points : 3480
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:17 pm

how about we become an entertainment community, instead of just focusing on the gaming industry we also have topics about sports, music, television, world events, anything that today's population enjoys conversing about.

wat do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

avatar

Posts : 717
UT points : 3404
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:25 pm

well there's no problem with it being pokemon based community, but for something like a general gaming community we'd have to wait a while, but I'd see no problem with expanding, just remember our roots.
Back to top Go down
Deadluiga



Posts : 305
UT points : 3660
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:31 pm

song0flife wrote:
how about we become an entertainment community, instead of just focusing on the gaming industry we also have topics about sports, music, television, world events, anything that today's population enjoys conversing about.

wat do you guys think?
All fourms have that stuff....
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

avatar

Posts : 1982
UT points : 6315
Join date : 2009-05-25
Age : 22
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Deadluiga wrote:
song0flife wrote:
how about we become an entertainment community, instead of just focusing on the gaming industry we also have topics about sports, music, television, world events, anything that today's population enjoys conversing about.

wat do you guys think?
All fourms have that stuff....

and look how well the sportsx section is doing
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3240
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:44 pm

There are many huge forums that are devoted solely or to a great extent pokemon, yet they still succeed, as they constantly have people posting interesting threads and topics. Maybe we should take a few pointers from-dare I say it- Smogon!
Back to top Go down
Evil

avatar

Posts : 1177
UT points : 5283
Join date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:34 pm

Temius wrote:
There are many huge forums that are devoted solely or to a great extent pokemon, yet they still succeed, as they constantly have people posting interesting threads and topics. Maybe we should take a few pointers from-dare I say it- Smogon!


No thanks, people there are only for these reasons:

To show off how good they are at making teams by using their movesets.

Its so popular because the lack of originality and the fun of discovering your own movesets has always been boring. Sleep



they're naturally popular since they controll the tiers and have amazing movesets that are well respected all over the web, they dont need the forums, its just an addon seeing how popular it is Sleep
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3240
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Evil wrote:
Temius wrote:
There are many huge forums that are devoted solely or to a great extent pokemon, yet they still succeed, as they constantly have people posting interesting threads and topics. Maybe we should take a few pointers from-dare I say it- Smogon!


No thanks, people there are only for these reasons:

To show off how good they are at making teams by using their movesets.

Its so popular because the lack of originality and the fun of discovering your own movesets has always been boring. Sleep



they're naturally popular since they controll the tiers and have amazing movesets that are well respected all over the web, they dont need the forums, its just an addon seeing how popular it is Sleep
were you...making a joke? I don't get it...
Back to top Go down
Gir

avatar

Posts : 534
UT points : 3900
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Evil wrote:
Temius wrote:
There are many huge forums that are devoted solely or to a great extent pokemon, yet they still succeed, as they constantly have people posting interesting threads and topics. Maybe we should take a few pointers from-dare I say it- Smogon!


No thanks, people there are only for these reasons:

To show off how good they are at making teams by using their movesets.

Its so popular because the lack of originality and the fun of discovering your own movesets has always been boring. Sleep



they're naturally popular since they controll the tiers and have amazing movesets that are well respected all over the web, they dont need the forums, its just an addon seeing how popular it is Sleep

-_- can you stop it with the anti-smogon propaganda? You sound like a mini greene. Smogon sets work, deal with it, nobody is forcing you to use their sets, if you dont want to, dont use them, no-body tells you how to play your game, so dont tell other people how to play their game

_________________


Dan hitted the nail on how Gen V metagame is gonna be:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Evil

avatar

Posts : 1177
UT points : 5283
Join date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:13 pm

i saw you coming from a mile away :3
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

avatar

Posts : 1468
UT points : 5570
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 21
Location : Ontario, Canada!

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:35 pm

*sadface*

I'm just gonna put this out there; Gaming Community will be a lot more better population wise, but will need (dare I say it) moderators who have specific knowledge of a sections (SECTION MODS Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
Deadluiga



Posts : 305
UT points : 3660
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:06 pm

cdplayar wrote:
*sadface*

I'm just gonna put this out there; Gaming Community will be a lot more better population wise, but will need (dare I say it) moderators who have specific knowledge of a sections (SECTION MODS Very Happy)
Section mods never work. Just keep normal mods.
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3240
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Gir wrote:
Evil wrote:
Temius wrote:
There are many huge forums that are devoted solely or to a great extent pokemon, yet they still succeed, as they constantly have people posting interesting threads and topics. Maybe we should take a few pointers from-dare I say it- Smogon!


No thanks, people there are only for these reasons:

To show off how good they are at making teams by using their movesets.

Its so popular because the lack of originality and the fun of discovering your own movesets has always been boring. Sleep



they're naturally popular since they controll the tiers and have amazing movesets that are well respected all over the web, they dont need the forums, its just an addon seeing how popular it is Sleep

-_- can you stop it with the anti-smogon propaganda? You sound like a mini greene. Smogon sets work, deal with it, nobody is forcing you to use their sets, if you dont want to, dont use them, no-body tells you how to play your game, so dont tell other people how to play their game
THANK YOU! Seriously, Evil, you need to freaking shut up
Back to top Go down
Evil

avatar

Posts : 1177
UT points : 5283
Join date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Temius wrote:

I like to cause flamewars and derail threads farther than it already has


Evil wrote:

they dont need the forums, its just an addon seeing how popular it is Sleep
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3240
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Evil wrote:
Temius wrote:

I like to cause flamewars and derail threads farther than it already has


Evil wrote:

I think its clever and unique to constantly trash people who use smoogon, change what people said in quotes, and end every **** post with this stupid f-ing smily. Sleep
Back to top Go down
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator


Posts : 466
UT points : 4025
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Evil
If you don't like Smogon, keep it to yourself please. There's no need to bring negative comments into a thread that almost encountered a flame war.

Now, as for an "Entertainment" community, I think we would have to test that idea out before seeing if it's a success or not. People wanted a sports section really badly but now it's practically dead. So I guess it's more of a trial and error sort of thing

_________________
Back to top Go down
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3240
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 pm

GaiaAero wrote:
Evil
If you don't like Smogon, keep it to yourself please. There's no need to bring negative comments into a thread that almost encountered a flame war.

Now, as for an "Entertainment" community, I think we would have to test that idea out before seeing if it's a success or not. People wanted a sports section really badly but now it's practically dead. So I guess it's more of a trial and error sort of thing
I just feel that this community is currently so very pokemon-oriented, it's awkward to suddenly switch it up
Back to top Go down
song0flife

avatar

Posts : 115
UT points : 3480
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Temius wrote:
GaiaAero wrote:
Evil
If you don't like Smogon, keep it to yourself please. There's no need to bring negative comments into a thread that almost encountered a flame war.

Now, as for an "Entertainment" community, I think we would have to test that idea out before seeing if it's a success or not. People wanted a sports section really badly but now it's practically dead. So I guess it's more of a trial and error sort of thing
I just feel that this community is currently so very pokemon-oriented, it's awkward to suddenly switch it up

that is true, i dont think that an immidiate change in anything will be useful, but a gradual change could help.
this is a pokemon-based forum and when i joined i was a "pokemaniac" but now i can barely have one battle without being bored of it.
people and attitudes change and this forum has to adapt to new fads
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1486
UT points : 12179
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 26
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Evil wrote:
Temius wrote:

I like to cause flamewars and derail threads farther than it already has


Evil wrote:

they dont need the forums, its just an addon seeing how popular it is Sleep
Saw this coming from a mile away, to bad you suck at reading warnings.

_________________



-Sig and Avi made by me-
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
Temius

avatar

Posts : 643
UT points : 3240
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:18 pm

yikes, man
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1486
UT points : 12179
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 26
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:34 pm

Continuing on the helpful discussion.
Its not like we're gonna over-haul the forums in one night. I don't want to completely take away the pokemon aspect of this place, but I think it needs more than just pokemon and more pokemon for it to grow any. Its sad to say the 5th generation may have caused some damage, although I think it will also bring a lot more people.

I've also considered seeing if we could get any other big youtubers in and possible get a bit of help getting afloat again (I've considered speaking to the LPers of Youtube.)

Its still all in the air really.

_________________



-Sig and Avi made by me-
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   

Back to top Go down
 
Kay, let's chat.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Round 6 - Laguna Seca - Pre Race Chat
» Grand Fantasia Chat
» Random Chat #105
» chit chit chat chat
» Err... Chat Ban?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Reality :: General Discussion-
Jump to: