Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you do when you found your first shiny?

Go down 
+59
Schizzovism
Mithos-kun
Shad0w
SloSerge
Doctor Dern
AntAnorith7777
smellmyskunk2
AnjuTehDarkBunny
s16jstae
cdplayar
InaudibleEight
Duskboi
Sweetness
infernape_blaziken_555
awesomnator
3xplosiv0
Gir
Evil Oogie
mrcatz
Shnoogle
dragonmxz
RadioactiveRaichu
TheOSC
Sgt.Waffles
SebaSneakers
Skorge12
FreaKaz0id
Fowlman
77pudding
Mrdragon206
NotaP3nI$
ScizzorTrainer
silver seth
EliOceans
qerw22
Daiko
CaseyR
Stickguy41
Waggs
saxman1324
zergling4pres
leafshadow
Old Gir
GlitchOverlord
Gastrotress
Linkokemon
Natalie
xBunnieRabbot
XK9GamerX
mike182a.c.
duderplease
beast
UNR3AL12
Darkravenn12
The Average Battler
Enigma2Me
derock542
Mweb12
espeon
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
duderplease

duderplease

UT points : 5641

What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 am

Daiko wrote:
... Were Shinys even in the First Gen?

No, she was talking the 3rd gen remakes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/duderplease
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6836

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:07 am

duderplease wrote:
Daiko wrote:
... Were Shinys even in the First Gen?

No, she was talking the 3rd gen remakes.

Woops =D

I didn't notice the Fire in front of Red Smile

Anyways, mines was a Shiny Scyther on Platinum, Jolly Nature 27 Speed IV's..

(Not my first Shiny)
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
qerw22

qerw22

UT points : 5275

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 10:10 am

mine was a ponyta caught it but lost the save after awhile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/qerw22
EliOceans

EliOceans

UT points : 5330

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:58 pm

I was playing my Soul Silver CPU version (is that okay?) , and in the Sprout Tower, a shiny Gastly came out of nowhere. I was just trying to get that Escape Rope! I was just like "..wow." I'm gonna Pokesav it so I can have my first real shiny In-game.
Back to top Go down
silver seth

silver seth

UT points : 5265

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:04 pm

my first shiny was silver version in V-road it was a donphan(or whatever) i got it like 3 steps before leaving the E4 cave right before the rival battle
Back to top Go down
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

UT points : 5443

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:17 pm

My first shiny excluding gyara was as shiny diglett.
It was a minute before I had to go to bed, and I just stared at the screen, I was like 'What the heck is this?' I caught it and a day later found out how lucky I was.
I traded it to my pokemon colosseum and my friend stole my mem card from me. I was really mad.
Back to top Go down
NotaP3nI$

NotaP3nI$

UT points : 5224

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:19 am

My first shiny was a shiny unknown when I was playing FireRed in the caves or whatever. I was really surprised finding one. xD

My second shiny, I wasn't surprised because it appeared out of nowhere when I started my pokemon pearl looking around in the wild grass to fight pokemon. x] I got a shiny bidoof. I nicknamed it shiney. xD I got lucky.
Back to top Go down
Mrdragon206

Mrdragon206

UT points : 5226

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:08 pm

My first shiny was a Brave Gravler. Had to use my masterball on it, otherwise it probably would have self-destructed. Not the best nature or pokemon, but eh, it could have been worse.
Back to top Go down
77pudding

77pudding

UT points : 5717

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:21 pm

I was trading over pokemon from diamond to pearl so i could have all 3 starters and when i went to get another pokemon to trade i got a saw a bidoof i wouldn't have know it was a shiny because I thought i saw the stars so i just throw a pokeball and looked at it and turned out it was shiny it was i think a quirky nature but i traded it for a shiny latios and a shiny latias
Back to top Go down
Fowlman

Fowlman

UT points : 5412

PostSubject: Shiny...   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:01 pm

caught a shiny noctowl in silver... I remember trying to find something to teach Fly to... and out of the blue a shiny noctowl appeared...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/fowlman11
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5746

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:28 pm

My fist shiny was a Raticate in Silver, i thought I my game was broken or something like that (I was a little kid xD) but in the end a friend of mine said that was shiny...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Skorge12

Skorge12

UT points : 5218

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Mrdragon206 wrote:
My first shiny was a Brave Gravler. Had to use my masterball on it, otherwise it probably would have self-destructed. Not the best nature or pokemon, but eh, it could have been worse.

Same. I used a masterball cause thats the only thing I had. I never used it thought.
Back to top Go down
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

UT points : 5443

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Funny, I also used a master ball to catch my diglett.
It looked odd, and I really wanted to take it to school and show the poke-nerd there and see if he could tell me what it was.
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5767

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:33 am

im playing pokémon for like 10 years now and i never never encounterd a shiny pokémon that i know of -_-
Back to top Go down
Sgt.Waffles

Sgt.Waffles

UT points : 5206

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:15 am

I caught my first Shiny Pokemon in Pearl at like 2:30 am on a school day, and I was really tired from the night before to boot. So i was listening to my iPod trying to chain for a shiny swellow/mareep (first time chaining) and finally after 3 hours (of horrible chaining) I caught a shiny swellow! I almost screamed, but I couldn't because my parents would have yelled at me. A couple of trades later ( all UT Shiny trades) I went from Swellow-Rayquaza(second Shiny Rayquaza I've own)-Totodile, I now have my Favorite pokemon +it's Shiny, and has dragon dance and icebeam, at level one... So now im gonna Ev the Totodile, and not let it evolve! (= I can now quit pokemon happily!
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6092

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:44 pm

SebaSneakers wrote:
im playing pokémon for like 10 years now and i never never encounterd a shiny pokémon that i know of -_-

dont be to discouraged, i never found one until platinum, and ive played almost all of the generations at least twice. without chaining with your pokeradar, you will more than likely never find one. sorry to be depressing but if you have platinum i do have one tip for finding one ingame: when you team up with a partner in a cave, DONT LEAVE! stay in there forever and ever! Smile
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

UT points : 5505

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:20 pm

I have actually found at least one shiny in every game... and I meen EVERY GAME (excluding blue/red/yellow of course) lol but one of them defiantly takes the cake on effed up.

I caught a LIGHT BLUE Crabby in Gold (not the normal shiny color...) Apparently my friend had been doing some serious hacking on my game and didn't tell me. The game was glitching up and my crabby was miss colored (he also made the shiny star thing happen to). Later on that day I saw my rival standing ON water and a week later gold version deleted it's self... it was like catching a MissingNo. all over again -_-
Back to top Go down
RadioactiveRaichu

RadioactiveRaichu

UT points : 5580

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:00 am

SebaSneakers wrote:

Same! Except Ive only been playing for about 7 or 8 years and never found one. Except that shiny garados in crystal. My luck is terrible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioactiveRaichu
Daiko

Daiko

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:32 am

I found a Shiny Pelliper on my Diamond the day before Platinim came out. Then the next day on Platinum I got a Shiny Aipom in a Honey tree with 31 Att EV's.. Yup.. That is the Ambipom I use!
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5996

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:11 am

daiko thats ivs right? just wondering. and my first shiny was a rattatat in yellow the first time i played it.( and the second poke i caught) i had no idea why it was yellow but i caught because it looked cooler than the other one.
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 am

dragonmxz wrote:
daiko thats ivs right?

Yeah.. Fail on my part
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7716

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:18 pm

I saw a wild shiny tentacool once in fire red, and when it had green spots I was like what is this? (I was like 9 or 10) I ran away because I was surfing and I was eager to get somewhere -_-

Next, was a shiny tentacool! This time I STILL didnt know what a shiny was but I tried to catch it, and I think that after like 5 pokeballs I gave up and ran haha

In my pearl games, I have found a shiny aerodactyl when soft resseting to find a decent IVed one to be resurrected in the mining museum. It had a bad nature and IVs, but I kept it anyways

The 2 other shinies I have encountered have both been shinxes. One was when I was chaining them for attack EV training, and another was random

It seems I am quite lucky compared to some of you people Smile

But one thing is weird... I have bread at least 4,000+ eggs in my lifetime but not one shiny, yet I have found quite a few random ones... can eggs not be shiny?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Sgt.Waffles

Sgt.Waffles

UT points : 5206

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 pm

But one thing is weird... I have bread at least 4,000+ eggs in my lifetime but not one shiny, yet I have found quite a few random ones... can eggs not be shiny?[/quote]

Eggs can be shiny, it has the same chances as finding a normal one, but there is the Masudo Method (I believe it is called) This method raises the chances from 1/8689 (whatever that 8000 # is) down drastically to 1/2000 (I believe) To do this method you need one pokemon from one nationality, and another from a different. For example: A Japenese Ditto, + An American Totodile, this will increase the chances to the 1/2000 instead of the normal shiny ratio. But since you were probably doing a normal Your Pokemon + another of yors (from same nationality) the chances remain extremely high.

I hope this helps/makes sense to you, I didn't really feel like doing a quick Grammer/spelling check, But you could probably find a better tutorial/ explanation of the Masudo Method thing on youtube.

Peace
~Waffles
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7716

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:11 pm

oh thanks Smile

yeah i understood perfectly
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8681
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Sgt.Waffles wrote:
But one thing is weird... I have bread at least 4,000+ eggs in my lifetime but not one shiny, yet I have found quite a few random ones... can eggs not be shiny?

Eggs can be shiny, it has the same chances as finding a normal one, but there is the Masudo Method (I believe it is called) This method raises the chances from 1/8689 (whatever that 8000 # is) down drastically to 1/2000 (I believe) To do this method you need one pokemon from one nationality, and another from a different. For example: A Japenese Ditto, + An American Totodile, this will increase the chances to the 1/2000 instead of the normal shiny ratio. But since you were probably doing a normal Your Pokemon + another of yors (from same nationality) the chances remain extremely high.

I hope this helps/makes sense to you, I didn't really feel like doing a quick Grammer/spelling check, But you could probably find a better tutorial/ explanation of the Masudo Method thing on youtube.

Peace
~Waffles[/quote]

actually I think it is a 1/200 chance of a shiny. Also it's masuda method (you only misssed it by one letter ) Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do when you found your first shiny?   What did you do when you found your first shiny? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do when you found your first shiny?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next