Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?

Go down 
+6
Daiko
Greene
damien
nikodem123asdf
Shnoogle
ARandomBoy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5656

Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? Empty
PostSubject: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Lapras...

Lapras@Leftovers
160 HP / 96 ATK / 252 SpD [Smogon EVs]
Careful
Shell Armor / Water Absorb

-Curse
-Body Slam
-Confuse Ray
-Waterfall

You may recall me saying, "HP > defenses". This is generally true. However, Lapras has a quite massive (though little compared to Blissey..) 130 base HP stat, meaning it doesn't need a whole lot of HP EVs in order to be effective. Plus, these are Smogon EVs, and they generally have common sense (except when they put Cress into UU, but that's another story). Either ability is of use here. Shell Armor helps block random critical hits they may ruin your Curse parade, while Water Absorb gives you a fully immunity to Water-type attacks.

Now that the top part is done, it's time to get into the crazy and complicated, yet so awesome, moveset. Curse boosts my DEF and ATK to respectable levels, making Lapras hard to take down from both sides of the spectrum while making it more powerful ALL at the cost of -1 speed. Body Slam will [hopefully] get me some parahax. Then, assuming I am faster, I will Confuse Ray to form the ever-annoying ParaFusion combo. And finally, Waterfall is there. For three important reasons, actually. One is for basic STAB. Two is to compliment Body Slam in coverage, forming the Water-Normal combo resisted only Shedinja, Empoleon, Dialga, and Giratina. And finally, it has a 20% flinch rate to further annoy the opponent, who, assuming they stay in, is struggling to attack me.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7722

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:51 pm

looks nice!
Not much i can say to improve it i would take water absorb though for some healing later in the battle
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5728

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:05 am

Shnoogle wrote:
looks nice!
Not much i can say to improve it i would take water absorb though for some healing later in the battle
no shell armor blocks critical hits this is one of the best possible abilities if you are increasing your defence and since he is increasing his stats he will not wont to swich so often so possibility of getting hp restored by water moves while you are staying in is preety low however water absorb gives you sometimes save swiches i dont know Razz
Back to top Go down
damien

UT points : 5390

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:13 am

i would say that shell armour is better for this amaing moveset for lapras
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7490

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am

Hmm let's see protect against something that has a 10% of happening, or be immune to and healed by water attacks meaning free switch ins for set up, more healing, and easier to wall certain Pokemon. Guys c'mon, there's no contest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6842

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:49 am

Yup, Greene said it.. Shell Armour is the way to go (Razz Just Kidding)

Yeah, Water Absorb is the ability that Lapras will need for all the reasons Greene stated!
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5773

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:54 pm

this may be a little of topic

does water absorb also heal you when you are hit by a surf from your team ?

im not sure about this one
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:59 pm

SebaSneakers wrote:
this may be a little of topic

does water absorb also heal you when you are hit by a surf from your team ?

im not sure about this one

Yup, makes for epic doubles combos. Also technically not off-topic, just don't go much further down that path.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Yay greene and I agree on something for once Smile lol

Also, with water absorb you can have teamates weak to water to draw in surfs or waterfalls and heal lapras up. Also u would be surprised as to how many people will just hit you with water attacks while u are in battle and you get even more healing. (basically some people are stupid haha)
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Yay greene and I agree on something for once Smile lol

Shocked We nearly always agree.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:29 pm

It seems every time one of us posts something, the other is there to have an opposite opinion or prove them wrong. See? We aren't even agreeing on this haha
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6098

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:19 pm

lol you guys are silly Razz just be sure that if you paralyze the opponent that you dont over curse and give up the chance to flinch them. that will just take knowledge of speed stats, but other than that looking good
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5895

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Needs moar ice stab.. namely ice shard; switch it with confuse ray imo
Back to top Go down
relloz6

relloz6

UT points : 5461

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:08 pm

I actually think this could work even better if it's in a trick room team but other than that I think this set is pretty good Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5656

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Gastrotress wrote:
Needs moar ice stab.. namely ice shard; switch it with confuse ray imo

Ditching Confuse Ray defeats half the set, and Ice Shard has little use when you have Body Slam's para support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?   Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Para-Curse-Fusion-Flinch?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: