Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)

Go down 
+4
Ludicolul
Shnoogle
saxman1324
AABB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AABB

UT points : 5255

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) Empty
PostSubject: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

So I finally made a semi-decent team, or so I think, but randoms banned me on shoddy for no reason, seriously, while I was testing it. Therefore, I have to have it rated, this team took me a while team make; however it is pretty good and I think it will do well, while I was taking it for a test run. When I first started to make this team, I was still in my team block that I have been in for a long while and couldn't think of anything for a bit, but then I had to ask myself, what has the ability to hurt or wall suicune? Once I had established this I was able to work from here. Now that you have listened to my boring introduction, which you may not have even read, you can read about the team that I have created for you here to see.

AT A GLANCE:

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 472Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 251Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 485Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 212Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 031Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 245

[b]TEAM NOTES: This team was made for December of 2009, so there are some things on my threat list that have changed tiers, so be aware of that. Also, note that this team is made for OU play, so keep this in mind when rating.

TEAM CHANGES:
Dual Screen Uxie > Gliscor
Defensive Latias > Scarf Celebi
Scarf Heatran > Sub Heatran

THOUGHT PROCESS:

So first I am sitting around completely clueless as to what to this team around. I mean I went through so many ideas, mamoswine, infernape, jirachi, and a lot more. I then started to think why don't I try a different approach at my team? A more stallish like approach, but not pure stall at all, original amirite? [/sarcasm] Anyways, since this team is obviously built around suicune, crocune specifically, I decided to use that.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 245

Ok, so I have my first pokemon, now I asked myself the question what can potentially hurt suicune in its task to set up? Well I came up with Vaporeon, Celebi, Trick users, and faster and more powerful sweepers. That is why Celebi was added in, Celebi doesn't mind trick, especially since it is carrying a choice scarf and it can beat almost all bulky water and since it holds a scarf it can beat many common threats that may give me a lot of trouble down the line.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 245Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 251

The next part was pretty easy, the celetran combo is a perfect combo of synergy and coupled along with suicune it makes a very nice fire/water/grass defensive core that will benefit me a lot in the long run.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 245Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 251Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 485

Ok next I needed something that could beat gengar and other fast life orb sweepers that could be a pain to my team, and priority on this team would be a nice asset to have, as it is on any team. Scizor fit the bill quite nicely checking gengar (provided it isn't MYSTICgar) and it also allows me to open up holes in my opponents team allowing suicune to set up easier. On top of that it makes decent synergy with the rest of my teammates already, as it I needed anymore.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 245Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 251Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 485Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 212

Currently, I don't have any entry hazards, that is not exactly a good thing, especially for a team based around a defensive suicune. Therefore, the next part of my team was a pretty simple choice. I needed entry hazards, preferably in the form of toxic spikes because that really cripples a lot of suicune's counters, and therefore giving it more setup opportunities overall. So Nidoqueen was added, not only because it could set up Toxic Spikes, but it could absorb them too, and otherwise my team could be very weak to them. Roserade was considered as an option, but by the time it sets up a few layers of toxic spikes, it is pretty much dead and gone, and not even that is guaranteed.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 245Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 251Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 485Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 212Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 031

Finally, I needed a lead, I noticed a weakness however, lucario was sorta nasty to my team, even with nidoqueen there. An extra counter never hurt amirite? Also, I needed stealth rocks, because suicune really appreciates it, as does scizor. Therefore, gliscor was added, as it is pretty much one of the best leads I have ever used and fit into this team perfectly.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 245Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 251Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 485Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 212Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 031Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 472

THROUGH THE MICROSCOPE:

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 472
Gliscor@Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil
252Hp/40Atk/216Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Taunt
~U-turn

My main usage of Gliscor is to set up Stealth Rocks early game, Taunt it possible, and U-turn away to give me the advantageous switch. Gliscor's good speed and bulk allow him to achieve this goal effectively for me as he can easily take hits from many of the common leads in today's metagame. Stealth rocks are appreciated a lot on this team for various reasons. Fist, any form of entry hazards allow the opponent to be whittled down and set up Calm Minds to go for a sweep or stall. Secondly, Stealth Rocks allows Scizor's U-turn to force switches and in turn whittle down the opponent even more, setting up suicune for a sweep in that aspect as well. On top of this, Gliscor is my weapon against stall teams as well as baton pass Ninjask. Baton Pass Ninjask is obviously ruined by taunt which allows me to get stealth rocks up and U-turn or switch out to Scizor. Stall teams have trouble with taunt in general, and the constant switches between U-tun, stealth rocks, toxic spikes, and my other team members can help stall is pretty much handled. EVs are very obvious, bothering with the speed tie is not what I want to do so I would rather just have the extra attack. Every Lucario known to man is outrun and OHKOed with earthquake. 252 Hp is to give Gliscor overall good bulky and the rest was poured into attack to give earthquake a little extra punch.

Gliscor vs. Top Ten Leads as of December 2009:

Blue means it is no problem
[b]Purple means it is somewhat of a problem

Green means it is a major problem

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 482-This one is simple, just U-turn to avoid the taunt and go to scizor and either pursuit or bullet punch.
Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 376-Pretty easy, the EVs that I have on Gliscor allow me to 2HKO metagross with earthquakes, so most likely I will just go the Earthquake right off the bat.
Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 260 *sigh* I lose to this lead, there is no point in taunting since it will just ice beam me anyways. I will just go for the U-turn and go out to Celebi or Scizor, both who are heft enough to take an ice beam.
Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 385-Jirachi usually varies based upon the set, lead Jirachi's with ice punch and trick can be trouble in which case I can go to Heatran. Jirachi can theoretically flinch Gliscor to death, but I can't depend on luck, either way I have Heatran.
Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 142-Very easy, I just U-turn to avoid any taunt and go to scizor who takes care of it just fine.
Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 392-After the fake out, I use stealth rocks as they will probably fire blast, then preceed to switch to Nidoqueen while they SR. In the case of the rare endeavour lead, they will stealth rocks first while I use stealth rocks. Then I will taunt while they endeavor or fire blast and switch to Nidoqueen.
Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 407-I outspeed these leads with ease, taunt to avoid the sleep power and to prevent them from setting up toxic spikes. Then I use stealth rocks and precede to earthquake or U-turn.
Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 485-Earthquake right off the bat as they usually stealth rocks. Then use earthquake again to finish them off, after wards I precede to use stealth rocks of my own. If all doesn't do well, I have Celebi anyways, to finish it with an Earth Power.
Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 248-Pretty easy, I just use earthquake right off the bat which is a clean 2HKO then I can use stealth rocks, provided that everything goes as planned. Plus, my job is easier to complete because sand veil is activated.
Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 472-This one is interesting, I lose the speed tie so there is no point in using stealth rocks, pretty much just U-turn out to celebi as they try and taunt me.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 031
Nidoqueen@Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Poison Point
252Hp/208Def/48Spe
~Toxic Spikes
~Earthquake
~Fire Blast
~Taunt/Roar

Nidoqueen probably performs one of the most if not the most important role in this team. First of all it sets up toxic spikes, which suicune absolutely loves, but it also absorbs them as well. If you have ever played with or against suicune, you would know it despises getting poisoned by toxic spikes, being forced to rest to early and not having any calm minds, which hinders its set up. Also, another job that Nidoqueen performs is that it counters scizor and Lucario with ease, who otherwise have a chance to rip this team apart. The EVs for this spread allows it to outrun minimum speed heatran, and the rest are put in Hp and Defense. Nidoqueen can come in on a lot of things that can't hurt it, some of which are the biggest threats in the whole metagame and start spiking to pave the way for a suicune sweep end game. Fire Blast is for foretress and skarmory that love switching into me thinking they can set up on me or rapid spin the spikes away. Taunt is to stop things like any boosting sweeper of spiker to set up on my team, potentially hindering it in the long run. Roar is an option as it allows Nidoqueen to phaze and in turn rack up toxic spikes and stealth rock damage for suicune to sweep.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 251
Celebi@Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
252SpA/252Spe/4Hp
~Leaf Storm
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power Ice
~U-turn

Celebi acts as the obligatory revenge killer to the team, as it helps me keep many threats in check that would otherwise be a problem. For example, mixed salamence could be put me in a lot of trouble if I didn't have scarf celebi to revenge kill with Hidden Power Ice. Gyarados falls to the combination of leaf storm and stealth rocks, making the entry hazard an even more quintessential part of this team. Finally, and most importantly, this set allows Celebi to destroy bulky waters that plague suicune with leaf storm, which once again allows it to sweep easier. Also, it is why Celebi is such a good part of my defensive core, creating excellent synergy and it checks off most of the threats that suicune fears. Even Max Hp Tyranitar, who can potentially hurt Suicune with its STAB moves, is OHKOed by Celebi's Leaf Storm, and Heatran and Lucaio have to switch in fearing Earth Power. U-turn is to put myself at the advantageous situation and I really don't want celebi to be losing its scarf anytime soon, as it is very very important to its success as a revenge killer on my team. Finally, my EV spread is also very simple, Maximum Special Attack gives me as much power as possible to get the KOs that I need against Tyranitar and Gyarados. Maximum speed is to speed tie with +1 naive Salamence as if it locks itself into an outrage Scizor has a much easier time dealing with it.

Here is a calculation that is Celebi using leaf storm against a Gyarados.

299 Atk vs 257 Def & 331 HP (120 Base Power): 151 - 178 (45.62% - 53.78%)

This means when stealth rock is factored in, Celebi can easily outspeed and 2HKO Gyarados with Leaf Storm.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 212
Scizor@Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
248Hp/252Atk/4SpD/4Spe
~U-turn
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~Pursuit

Scizor has a very good reason to be on this team, as it supports Suicune in a lot of ways. First of all, Scizor and Suicune naturally create good type synergy together, which helps me switch in when I need to. The more important facts, however, lie in what Scizor is used for in this team. Scizor is a pokemon that causes a lot of switches by using U-turn, giving me an advantage on two fronts. First of all, it racks up more toxic spike and stealth rock damage, and it puts me in a good position matchup wise. Wearing down the opposition by constant U-turns between Scizor and Celebi help even more in paving the way for a suicune sweep in the end. Another good reason why I find Scizor to be a good choice for this team is that it lures in fire attacks giving Heatran a free boost and a free substitute in the case of a choice pokemon. Finally, scizor creates an extra back up plan to threats like Salamence, with its trademark move, bullet punch. The combination of stealth rocks, toxic spikes, constant switches, allow scizor to perform this job very well also. My EV spread for scizor is very standard except my distribution of speed and special defense stats. I wanted to make sure that I would be the slower scizor and superpower last to hit them with a much harder blow, not really that original but it works.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 485
Heatran@Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
4Hp/252SpA/252Spe
~Substitute
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power/Dragon Pulse
~Toxic/Explosion

Heatran completes my fire/water/grass defensive core and is here as my secondary defensive partner to Suicune. Heatran is welcomed to the team with open arms as its great type combination gains it many useful resistances that help me switch in. Anyways, the role that Heatran fills is my secondary counter to bulky waters, when Vaporeon, Swampert, and opposing Suicune come running over trying to take my fire attack, they are only met with a substitute. Behind a substitute, I am a lot safer from something like swampert or vaporeon, if they didn't get poisoned on the switch they sure will now, because when they try to break my substitute, the only thing they get is poison. Toxic would also help, as Gyarados is immune to Toxic Spikes and can be a big nuisance to this team. Then I can set up more subs and precede to stall them out, or weaken them until is able to come in and set up. Explosion is a consideration; however I am afraid of blowing up on Vaporeon protects, so I would rather not go down that route. Dragon pulse is also a consideration as Latias is usually a pretty common switch into this type of Heatran, when they find out that I have sub. My EVs are simple and straightforward, as I need all the special attack I can get to damage bulky waters with Dragon Pulse or Earthquake as much as I can to get them into Suicune range. The Speed EVs allow me to outspeed neutral base 80s, not really, much, but it is there.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 245
Suicune@Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
252Hp/252Def/4Spe
~Calm Mind
~Surf
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Suicune completes my defensive core, my offensive core, and my team. After the opponent has been worn down until they are almost at their breaking point, suicune can come into clean up the rest of the mess. At the end of the game, with all of its threats out of the way and taken care of, it can set up calm minds on a lot of the metagame, and ruin it. The rest sleep talk combination is what keeps this team from being weak to any sort of toxic heatran and it also helps blow stall away if you manage to sustain enough calm minds. Surf being my only attack may seem like I get walled to easily; however you can usually build up calm minds on them, unless it is vaporeon or celebi, which are easily taken by the rest of the team. When I get enough calm minds in, toxic spike and stealth rock damage start to rack up, there is pretty much no stopping this beast.

Threat list

Defensive Threats

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 242 Blissey - Scizor and Heatran takes care of it pretty easily one on one. Also, it is hurt by toxic spikes and Gliscor and Nidoqueen can Taunt it.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 437 Bronzong -Heatran takes care of it easily, Nidoqueen can taunt set up on it and fire blast. If it happens to have heatproof then Nidoqueen still does a good job and Celebi can earth power.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 251 Celebi - Toxic Spikes hurts it but when it switches that will just rack up more stealth rock damage and they will poisoned when it comes back in. Scizor and Heatran do a very good job against it, but they have to watch out for Hp Fire and Earth Power respectively. Also, Nidoqueen can set up on versions that don't have psychic or earth power and fire blast. Also, Gliscor can U-turn to scizor to do a lot damage.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 205 Forretress - Heatran easily stops it and when it tries to switch in on Nidoqueen, it will only get blasted away by fire blast.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 472 Gliscor - Celebi blasts it away with Hidden Power Ice. Heatran can use Fire Blast to do a heft chunk if it has a sub up, suicune can just surf and rest if it happens to have toxic. Also, it can't do that much to Scizor and U-turn will do a pretty hefty chunk.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 073 Tentacruel - Well, it absorbs toxic spikes, but luckily Nidoqueen it self can beat it by using earthquake. Scizor's U-turn can do some damage and so can Gliscor using earthquake.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 477 Dusknoir - Scizor and Heatran do a really good job against this, as Heatran absorbs will-o-wisp and easily sets up a sub. Scizor can pursuit a fleeing one, while Gliscor can also taunt it. Celebi's Leaf Storm can do some pretty good damage as well.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 130 Gyarados -Special Defensive Gyarados can be trouble if played correctly. Heatran can take a waterfall and toxic it, then I precede to switch to celebi and leaf storm it, stealth rocks also helps out a lot here.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 450 Hippowdon - Celebi destroys this with leaf storm and heatran, provided it gets a sub up, can toxic and beat it one on one. Also, toxic spikes can wear it down for suicune to set up on it.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 385 Jirachi - Heatran does a pretty good job against this, as fire blast will destroy Jirachi. Scizor's U-turn will do a hefty chunk to this as will Celebi's Earth Power.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 479 Rotom-A - This could be a bit of trouble, Heatran is my main switch into it as it can absorb a will-o-wisp and toxic and fire blast. If it has Hydro Pump then Celebi can use leaf storm to do good damage to it. Also, Nidoqueen and Gliscor can taunt it to stop it from wisping.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 227 Skarmory - Heatran handles this easily, as Fire Blast is an easy OHKO. Nidoqueen, like Foretress, can Fire Blast as they switch in.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 143 Snorlax - Scizor easily takes care of it, and Heatran can get sub up and toxic it, then precede to stall it out. Gliscor can also taunt to stop it from cursing.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 245 Suicune - Celebi pretty much, as leaf storm easily takes care of it. Also, Heatran lures it in to toxic it, and toxic spikes hurts it as well.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 260 Swampert - This is what Celebi is here for, leaf storm is an easy OHKO. Although, Heatran can lure it in and poison it.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 248 Tyranitar - Leaf Storm from Celebi does a huge chunk here and scizor does a very good job at beating it. Gliscor can also, use sand veil to make switching in and using earthquake easier.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 134 Vaporeon - The Celetran combo really takes this one down easily. Celebi can leaf storm for an OHKO while Heatran can lure it in with toxic, not like toxic spikes won't hurt it anyways.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 145 Zapdos - Hidden Power Ice from Celebi will do some good damage and I can U-turn from Scizor into Heatran to finish off. Plus, stealth rocks takes takes 25% from it on every switch.

Offensive Threats

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 482 Azelf - Scizor easily takes care of it as it can't take a bullet punch. As a lead it fails to Gliscor and Celebi outspeeds it to do big damage with leaf storm.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 286 Breloom - Breloom is kind of annoying, but Nidoqueen counters it very well, focus punches and seed bombs do nothing to it.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 094 Gengar - Scizor does a pretty good job of checking it provided it isn't MYSTICgar in which case Suicune does a pretty good job against it.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 130 Gyarados - Offensive Gyarados is a lot easier to handle than the defensive one. Leaf Storm does about ~70% with stealth rocks factored in meaning that it is a 2HKO after stealth rocks. Also, Heatran outspeeds adamant versions before a DD and can toxic it.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 485 Heatran - Celebi revenges it pretty easily with Earth Power, and Suicune does a pretty good job itself.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 149 Dragonite -Celebi, once again does a good job, beating Dragonite with Hp Ice after SR, also Scizor's bullet punch will do a hefty load if it is locked into outrage.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 142 Aerodactyl - If it is a lead Gliscor will just U-turn on it to avoid the taunt and go for the BP. If it is alive later in the game than Celebi outspeeds it and can beat it with Hp Ice or Leaf Storm.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 392 Infernape - This could be trouble if played very well. Celebi revenges it with earth power while suicune isn't OHKOed by grass knot, unless it is the rare nasty plot mixape, if that is the case then nidoqueen does a good job.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 135 Jolteon - Celebi again, earth power will destroy it. Also, scizor can take a thunderbolt and U-turn away to do a lot of damage as well.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 291 Ninjask - Primarily Gliscor with taunt, as it will stop it from passing any boosts. Once I have taunted and possibly set up stealth rocks, I will go to scizor to finish the job.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 235 Smeargle - very unpredictable, if it is a lead, I would have to let Gliscor take the sleep. I don't want Suicune coming in thinking it can absorb the sleep and be tricked a scarf. Once I sleep fodder something I can usually go to scizor and beat it.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 214 Heracross - Nidoqueen and Gliscor, to a less extent, beat this just fine. I wouldn't set up with Nidoqueen until after Heracross is down, I don't need any guts boosted Heracoss' running around.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 380 Latias - Scizor counters this very nicely. If it has Hp Fire, which most don't then Heatran does a good job. I have to be wary of it tricking a scarf to something besides Celebi though.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 230 Kingdra - Kingdra is pretty easily revenged by Celebi. Heatran can lure it in, using toxic if I don't get toxic spikes down already. Scizor can also revenge it if locked into an outrage.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 448 Lucario - Nidoqueen and Gliscor take this on easily. Gliscor is EVed to outspeed all formes of Lucaio known to man, and if this fails, Celebi can revenge it anyways.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 068 Machamp - Not really much counters Machamp, Nidoqueen does a pretty good job, but hax is annoying. Celebi can revenge it, but payback hurts it. Scizor can bullet punch if it is at low enough health. A tough adversary for any team.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 462 Magnezone - Heatran easily beats Magnazone, sending it into a fiery inferno, with fire blast. Celebi can revenge it pretty easily with earth power, and Nidoqueen does pretty good too.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 473 Mamoswine - This could give me a lot of trouble if it is banded and I don't play correctly. The great synergy between Heatran and Celebi help this though. If I manage to lock Mamoswine into ice shard with Heatran out, I can get up a free sub. Also, scizor can revenge it if need be.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 376 Metagross - Celebi revenges this pretty easily, outspeeding it even after an agility. Plus, it is bulky enough to take whatever Metagross has to throw out. Suicune is only 3HKOed by Thunderpunch, so it can be used as a last ditch effort. Also, Scizor's U-turn does quite a bit to it, allowing me to go to Gliscor, avoiding the earthquake.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 373 Salamence - Celebi ties with +1 naive DD mence and beats it with Hp Ice. If it locks itself into outrage, then scizor can beat it pretty easily combining stealth rocks and bullet punch damage.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 466 Electivire - Not really much of a threat. Celebi can revenge kill it with earth power or leaf storm, while Gliscor out speeds it and can OHKO with earthquake.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 330 Flygon - Choice Scarf Flygon unfortunately ties with Celebi, but Celebi can take a Fire Blast and take it out with Hp Ice. Also, depending on what it locks itself into, scizor can revenge it or heatran can set up a substitute.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 468 Togekiss -This thing can be really annoying, but Nidoqueen isn't effected by Thunder Wave and can Fire Blast it, for however much damage that will do. Scizor can bullet punch it doing quite a bit of damage, and Celebi can revenge it if is at low enough health.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 461 Weavile - Scizor easily takes it, with bullet punch being an OHKO. Celebi can also revenge kill it with Leaf Storm or Earth Power.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 212 Scizor - Heatran easily destroys it, providing I don't come in on superpower. Also, Gliscor and Suicune do a pretty nice job of checking this with their high defenses.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 248 Tyranitar - Scizor ruins it pretty easily, unless it is Dragon Dance Babiri Tyranitar. In this case Gliscor or Celebi are very good bets because Celebi OHKOs it with Leaf Storm and Gliscor has sand veil, which makes taking it down a lot easier.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 121 Starmie - Scizor once again, takes it down easily, with pursuit taking out a fleeing one and U-turn giving me a good switch anyways. Also, Celebi outspeeds it with its scarf and OHKOs with Leaf Storm.

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) 145 Zapdos - Pretty easily taken down by Heatran or Celebi, although Heat Wave will do a good amount to Celebi. Having stealth rocks on the field is really a good way to help me beat this.

CREDITS:

Huge credit to -Gengar- from Serebii and Bulldogs for helping me make this team.
Credit to Bulldogs again for helping me with the threat list.
Big art credit goes to GTS +, every picture on here is from their site.

RATE MY TEAM
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6090

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:24 pm

i think you are taking choice scarf flygon too lightly. more flygon carry U-turn and would OHKO celebi if it outspeeds in the tie. if you do successfully predict the U-turn, that most likely wont work a second time, and the predicted switch will bring an EQ that will hit most of your team pretty hard other than gliscor. gliscor could potentially contain it for a little bit, but most Draco Meteors will be a OHKO if they have EV'd it correctly
Back to top Go down
AABB

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:30 pm

I see what you are getting at, but most scarf flygons don't run draco meteor, and celebi speed tie is more of a last ditch effort, if I have wasted tran, scizor, gliscor, and even cro cune, just to flygon.....then I have obviously played horribly, but I have plenty of safe switches into it, without having to resort to a speed tie.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7714

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm

AABB wrote:
I see what you are getting at, but most scarf flygons don't run draco meteor, and celebi speed tie is more of a last ditch effort, if I have wasted tran, scizor, gliscor, and even cro cune, just to flygon.....then I have obviously played horribly, but I have plenty of safe switches into it, without having to resort to a speed tie.

Yeah like if it is locked you have safe switches for each move, but if it isnt locked you can outspeed and win Smile

Sorry i cannot be much help because i cannot improve this seemingly fantastic team Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
AABB

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm

yeah, I agree, and thank you for the praise. This team has been very successful, and I would like other people's feedback as well.
Back to top Go down
Ludicolul

Ludicolul

UT points : 5479

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm

i think maybe adding a ghost to block rapid spin because once u set up toxic spikes and SR 1 rapid spin and most of ur plan is ruined
Back to top Go down
AABB

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Seems like a good idea, it was considered when I was building this team, as rotom would fit nicely here. I will test it to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5648

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:01 pm

As I can see from your Threat List, Bulky Gyara is a nuisance. Also, if DD Mence gets up 2 DDs, Celebi is as good as dead. In that case, you have to rely on Scizor to take it out with a Bullet Punch.

There is one universal counter to both of these Pokemon...

And it's an NU. Hello there, Porygon2!

~~

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) Porygon2

Porygon2@Leftovers
252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
Bold
Trace

-Discharge / Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Toxic / Thunder Wave

Man, this lil' ducky is great. It Traces Mence and Gyara's Intimidate and shoots it right back at them. Your Electric-type move of choice takes care of the splashing behemoth, while Ice Beam annhilates the fat dragon.
Discharge has that ever-so-useful 30% paralysis chance, but if you prefer power to paralysis then Thunderbolt is another option. Recover is your obligatory healing move, and can be used in conjunction with Toxic to stall. However, if you opt for Thunderbolt but still would like to paralyze, then Thunder Wave is there.

And just some more fun little things about this guy is that it laughs when it Traces against ScarfTran locked into Fire Blast, Specs Jolteon into Thunderbolt, Flygon locked into Earthquake, and Electivire (without Cross Chop) struggles to do significant damage.

~~

As you can see, P2 is pretty nifty. And also, it fits into your team well. It's biggest counters, Machamp and Heracross, don't enjoy a mouth full of Gliscor or Suicune. Machamp isn't best pals with Celebi, either.

The only problem with this is that it's hard to find room for the ducky. I feel that the best Pokemon to replace is Heatran. If its main role is toxicating bulky waters, then that's not immensely helpful considering you have Toxic Spikes support. The only true downside to replacing Heatran is the loss of Fire in the Fire / Water / Grass combo. Skarmory can't do squat to P2 and doesn't enjoy repeated Thunderbolts or Discharges while physical Jirachi (without Trick) is in a similar situation.

I hope this helps. Wink
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

UT points : 5443

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:03 pm

wow that was brilliant but yea agreed flygon does have a chance to rip this team apart so i think dragon pulse is a good choice on your heatran and agreed with porygon maybe brick break on scissor
Back to top Go down
AABB

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:09 pm

noheartx wrote:
wow that was brilliant but yea agreed flygon does have a chance to rip this team apart so i think dragon pulse is a good choice on your heatran and agreed with porygon maybe brick break on scissor

eh, I have really never had trouble with flygon, and predicting around it is fairly simple as it is choiced almost all of the time, so I can defeat it pretty easily.

@ArandomBoy- I like your suggestion, I will test it out, as bulkier gyara can be a problem becuase celebi doesn't check them as well, my only fear is that porygon 2 can't counter mix mence as switching into a draco meteor and then an EQ means it is gone.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5648

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:03 pm

AABB wrote:
noheartx wrote:
@ArandomBoy- I like your suggestion, I will test it out, as bulkier gyara can be a problem becuase celebi doesn't check them as well, my only fear is that porygon 2 can't counter mix mence as switching into a draco meteor and then an EQ means it is gone.

Yeah, P2 is really designed to counter DD Mence. However, if that situation does arise, after SR damage + 2 turns of LO damage, I'm pretty confident a BP from Scizor would take it out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5699

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Wow, your post is elaborate to say the least and it is kind of fun to read and review. I like the team, it's obviously more offensively inclined, with all that fire power you have and if you really want entry hazards why not a pokemon like forretress? It's rather bulky and it can still pack a punch, while I don't want to mess up your whole synergy it's just a suggestion. Aside from that, I think you really did the rating for us lol, not even Shnoogle can say a lot about. lol.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Lol thank you?

And I just kinda want to point something out...
On celebi, I think it would be good to test out energy ball/grass knot over u-turn seeing as they are good, reliable ways of taking pokemon out at 1/3 HP without having to lock yourself into a move that lowers sp. Attack 2 stages and has 90% accuracy.
U-turn is always good to scout, but I think that energy ball/grass knot are still worthwhile options to try out
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

AABB wrote:
yeah, I will probably replace celebi with defensive latias as it really isn't the pursuit bait that scarf celebi is after locking itself into a -2 attack so it is easily pursuited away.

I never really was a big fan of using pursuit... I always found it as setup for lucario and other dark/fighting/steel types. I used it once on a banded weavile of mine, and it wasn't bad, but it was such bait for a late game lucario to come in a lnd grab a free SD.

Make sure your latias carries HP fire to kill the most common pursuiter (scizor)... Well, it isn't necessary but always helpful
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5989

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:57 pm

I absolutely LOVE your format! It's so proffessional looking...anyways, I can't be of much help to this great team, but I will try with my one petty post.

I would go for Roar over Taunt on Nidoqueen. Oh, and change her nature to Rivalry, since you don't want to just poison the opponent.

...yeah...not much help I don't think...
Back to top Go down
AABB

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 pm

thanks, lol. Nidoqueens abilities aren't that useful in battle, so I doubt it matters that much and yeah, I went roar over taunt, a lot more useful as I tested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)   Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk) Empty

Back to top Go down

Team "I Like Pikachu" (smirk)
Page 1 of 1