Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remmy's Raid ~

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5652

Remmy's Raid ~ Empty
PostSubject: Remmy's Raid ~   Remmy's Raid ~ EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:42 pm

lol, cwutididthar?

Remmy's Raid ~ Remoraid

Remoraid@Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant
Hustle

-Waterfall
-Return
-Seed Bomb
-Toxic

Remoraid is a Pokémon that is generally frowned upon due to the facts that 1) it's an NFE, 2) on first glance, its stats are horrific, and 3) it's a 'fish', which usually leads to it being 'bad' (i.e., Magikarp, Feebas, Luvdisc, Finneon, Goldeen, etc.).

However, it has some notable advantages over its fishy friends, the first being its ability, Hustle. If you're unfamiliar with this ability, it increases the user's Atk stat by 50% (or multiplying it by 1.5, whichever you prefer to think of it as), but decreases the accuracy of moves by 20%. With maximum Atk and an Adamant nature along with Hustle, Remoraid reaches a grand Atk stat of 377. That's 5 base points higher than base 120's (Blaziken, for example) with maximum Atk.

Also, Remoraid has a decent (by fish terms) Spe stat. Therefore, it can effectively pull off a Choice Scarf set. With that boost, Remoraid reaches a Spe stat of 344.

This, combined with a good 80 BP STAB move in Waterfall, a reliable coverage 102 base power move in Return, and a great way to hit other Water-types in Seed Bomb, make Remoraid more ferocious than you would expect.

The last move slot is largely filler. I chose to put Toxic there to wear down bulkier waters that still take little damage from Seed Bomb (such as Slowbro in UU or Slowking in NU).

The main downfall of this set is the loss of accuracy from Hustle. However, 80% accuracy isn't bad, so if the game doesn't feel like haxing me loads, this should work out nicely.

I hope you enjoy reviewing this set. Remmy's Raid ~ 223

Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks! Wink
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

UT points : 5447

Remmy's Raid ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remmy's Raid ~   Remmy's Raid ~ EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:02 pm

it looks good it can work but it looks very fragile so just watchout for speedy grass/elec types
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8683
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

Remmy's Raid ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remmy's Raid ~   Remmy's Raid ~ EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 pm

interesting. I think that it could work as long as to outspeeds but it won't be dominant. I really don't see toxic as a good move but there really isn't any other choice (unless you want rock blast for some strange reason). It's really interesting and I think it would be a surprise on a rain dance team.
Back to top Go down
sosogamer

sosogamer

UT points : 5616

Remmy's Raid ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remmy's Raid ~   Remmy's Raid ~ EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Ether you take toxic of or the scarf...
you can do 2 things put a sash keep Toxic, take Return of, and add flail...
or take away toxic and add maybe- bounce,Gunk Shot, Rock Blast, or thief...

Tell me if you like any of these ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sosogamer
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

Remmy's Raid ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remmy's Raid ~   Remmy's Raid ~ EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:16 pm

sosogamer wrote:
Ether you take toxic of or the scarf...
you can do 2 things put a sash keep Toxic, take Return of, and add flail...
or take away toxic and add maybe- bounce,Gunk Shot, Rock Blast, or thief...

Tell me if you like any of these ideas?

Flail + Sash won't work because I won't have enough speed. EndureSalacFlail is outclassed by Kabutops and friends.

Bounce, Gunk Shot, and Rock Blast have low accuracy already, and with the -20 from Hustle they'll just about never hit. It's a shame too, because those are all cool moves. Wink

Thief's only use is for Shedinja, who isn't particularly common anyway.

Toxic on a choice set isn't as bad as you may think. It's good to spread status around, and with no better alternative to take care of Slowbro (who can take Seed Bombs for days), it is, in my opinion, the best option.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

UT points : 5289

Remmy's Raid ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remmy's Raid ~   Remmy's Raid ~ EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Remoraid is a top mix sweeper in EFT so I know it is quite powerful, though in everything other than Little Cup (I think it's in LC atleast...) and EFT it doesn't have the power you need.

I suggest running Mix and slapping Water Spout on there for good measure > Toxic. If you happen to be at max HP it's a very nice sweeping tool and works well with Rain support.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

Remmy's Raid ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remmy's Raid ~   Remmy's Raid ~ EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
Remoraid is a top mix sweeper in EFT so I know it is quite powerful, though in everything other than Little Cup (I think it's in LC atleast...) and EFT it doesn't have the power you need.

I suggest running Mix and slapping Water Spout on there for good measure > Toxic. If you happen to be at max HP it's a very nice sweeping tool and works well with Rain support.

I have a Scarf Water Spout Octillery, and I have this, but I didn't think of mixing them together. Sounds cool. I think I ought to try it. Wink

I suppose if I put on Water Spout over Toxic, I'd go for 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe, Lonely.

Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remmy's Raid ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remmy's Raid ~   Remmy's Raid ~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Remmy's Raid ~
Page 1 of 1