Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hail Stall [OU]

Go down 
+8
jasonfire72
Blumey
Gir
Roflmao
mrcatz
nikodem123asdf
Herpdidderp
Bulldogs
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulldogs

UT points : 5207

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:50 pm

I know I posted another RMT not too long ago, but I love making teams, and with a few tourneys upcoming, I decided to get advice on this one.

Hail Stall [OU] 460 @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 136 HP / 132 Spd / 240 Atk
Jolly Nature (+Spd, - SAtk)
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

I lead off with Abomasnow to get the hail going as soon as possible. I chose a sub-seeder as a way of pseudo-Wish Passing, to help the rest of my team heal off the hail damage. Although it does lose against many common leads, the rest of my team can mange them quite easily. Protect allows me to stall out things like Salamence that can threaten me if it gets a DD up. Wood Hammer gives me a Crocune check and beats Swampert should they stay in. The EVs allow me to outspeed all minimum speed Crocune, while the give Attack EVs allow Abomasnow to always 2HKO Max/Max Suicune. The rest were dumped into HP to give it some bulk and make it a more efficient SubSeeder.

Hail Stall [OU] 365 @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP / 240 Def / 48 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Protect
- Roar
- Substitute

No HailStall team is complete without StallRein. With a combination of Substitute and Protect, Walrein can outstall nearly anything lacking powerful, Stab, Super Effective attacks. Surf is the obligatory STAB here, and has its merits over Blizzard. Surf can do decent damage to incoming Tyranitar who will f*uck over my entire team. Blizzard's low PP was also a factor as it was easily stalled out and then became Taunt bait. The HP EVs allow it to recover more and in turn stall longer, than Max HP. The Defense EVs are just there for taking hits. The Speed EVs allow Walrein to outrun Neutral Natured base 70s such as Metagross and Skarmory, helping with the stalling process.

Hail Stall [OU] 479-t @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Defense / 32 Special Defense / 144 Speed
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

I needed a spin blocker and a Gyarados counter and obviously Rotom-H came to mind. Rhys' set inspired me, and I decided I wanted to try it. The credits for the EVs thus go to him. I'll also let him explain the set.
Quote :
New Ev and moveset for this guy. I Spread changed to outrun Jolly Tyranitar. Scarfed Tyranitar burned with never break a Substitute with Pursuit (timing this isn't easy since it will break my Sub at first but alows me to throw up a Sub and then switch without taking double damage). Blissey, Swampert, or anything else with low Sp.A cannot break my Substitute with non-STAB attacks. Resisted special attacks from base 105 or lower will not break my Substitute (depends on the nature and base power, but it generally won't).

Hail Stall [OU] 73 @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes

Tentacruel is a staple on most Hail teams, and for good reason: Tenatcruel resists Hail teams' worst enemy in Fire and Fighting type attacks, can Spin away those pesky Stealth Rocks, and set up Toxic Spikes of its own. It is generally my first switchin to Heatran as no one on my team enjoys LO Boosted attacks from that beast. It also serves as a last resort to LO Jolteon, who will never KO after Stealth Rock, and will be dealt enough from surf, that Walrein or Abomasnow can stall it via Protect. Knock Off is fantastic in Hail since it gets rid of Leftovers that make stalling a lot harder. Surf is general purpose STAB, and the rest are self explanatory. The EVs ensure that standard Infernape never 3HKOs with Close Combat, and SD variants only get a 2HKO. Choice Scarf Heatran can also never 2HKO with the given Special Defense.

Hail Stall [OU] 485 @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Heatran is great, being able to absorb Fire attacks and check Lucario, who is quite the pain. Rash nature gives much more power, while doing all it is needed to do anyway. Adamant Gyara outspeeds, but it is handled by Rotom. Jolteon can outspeed, but it is easily played around if Specs and LO has already been mentioned. The power gained by not running Naive was just too good to pass up. Nothing will enjoy 120 BP Attacks coming off of a maxed out base 130 Special Attack. Fire Blast 2HKOs the standard Naive Salamence after Stealth Rock and even has a chance without Rocks factoring in Hail Damage. The biggest thing is being able to 2HKO Tentacruel after Rocks and Hail damage. Hidden Power Grass is for water types in general, mainly Starmie and Swampert who are always 2HKOd and OHKOd respectively.

Hail Stall [OU] 260 @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect/Yawn

I needed someone to setup Stealth Rock, and wasn't too keen on sacrificing a slot on Heatran. Aside from that, Swampert gives me a much needed Electric resist and a decent check to DD Mence assuming it somehow gets a DD up. The choice between Protect and Yawn is difficult. Yawn forces a **** ton of switches, and racks up quite a load of damage. However, with 3 protect stallers, I can easily stall out uncommon threats that I haven't actually prepared for, and is also great at racking up damage. The EVs and moveset are self explanatory. Ice Beam > Avalanche or some **** to beat Gliscor and Mence after Intimidate.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

UT points : 5290

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:11 am

Not bad, pretty standard however.

I don't think Heatran really captures the 'stall' vibe. Here's a quick fix you may like:

Hail Stall [OU] 478
Froslass@Leftovers/Brightpowder
Timid, Snow Cloak
248 HP / 252 Speed / 8 filler
- Substitute
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave/Taunt
- Pain Split/Blizzard

Obvious the 8 Ev's can go where you choose. 248 HP cuts back on SR damage if it happens to be up. Sub/Spiker who is hard to hit and can cripple the opponent's team with Thunder Wave. Taunt can also be used to stop set up sweepers, like Shuffle Cune/Gyarados which can wreck your current team, or break Blissey. However Thunder Wave is much more advisable. With Thunder Wave it can nail Lucario and Infernape with crippling paralysis, only to have Swampert or Rotom easily finish either one off. Having all three EH's at full layers will make stalling that much more effective. If you opt for Pain Split Brightpowder is an excellent item to have. The drop to 72% accuracy for all 100% accuracy moves pays for itself. Ice Beam can be used in place of Blizzard but the power drop is very noticable and Froslass shouldn't be attacking much. This will also provide you with a second Spin Blocker for tight situations.

If you feel Heatran is necessary, then perhaps you can take a more offensive tone with your last slot. Mamoswine would be perfect for cleaning up late game, especially after the opponent's team has some softening. It can run Ice Shard/Earthquake/Stone Edge/SR so your team doesn't lose that aspect.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5725

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:17 pm

doesn't heat rotom become regular one when overheat is deleted ?
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8684
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:26 pm

nikodem123asdf wrote:

I don't think so
Back to top Go down
Roflmao

UT points : 5196

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
Not bad, pretty standard however.

I don't think Heatran really captures the 'stall' vibe. Here's a quick fix you may like:

Hail Stall [OU] 478
Froslass@Leftovers/Brightpowder
Timid, Snow Cloak
248 HP / 252 Speed / 8 filler
- Substitute
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave/Taunt
- Pain Split/Blizzard

Obvious the 8 Ev's can go where you choose. 248 HP cuts back on SR damage if it happens to be up. Sub/Spiker who is hard to hit and can cripple the opponent's team with Thunder Wave. Taunt can also be used to stop set up sweepers, like Shuffle Cune/Gyarados which can wreck your current team, or break Blissey. However Thunder Wave is much more advisable. With Thunder Wave it can nail Lucario and Infernape with crippling paralysis, only to have Swampert or Rotom easily finish either one off. Having all three EH's at full layers will make stalling that much more effective. If you opt for Pain Split Brightpowder is an excellent item to have. The drop to 72% accuracy for all 100% accuracy moves pays for itself. Ice Beam can be used in place of Blizzard but the power drop is very noticable and Froslass shouldn't be attacking much. This will also provide you with a second Spin Blocker for tight situations.

If you feel Heatran is necessary, then perhaps you can take a more offensive tone with your last slot. Mamoswine would be perfect for cleaning up late game, especially after the opponent's team has some softening. It can run Ice Shard/Earthquake/Stone Edge/SR so your team doesn't lose that aspect.

Taking out Heatran and putting in froslass makes this whole team Lucario weak, Heatran can check every form of Lucario (bar the rare Shuca variant) so taking out Heatran wouldn't be very smart. Atm, this team looks really solid, and there isn't really much to change at all. All your bases are covered and the major threats in the metagame are checked considering this is a hail team and that can sometimes be of trouble. There isn't really much I can say, sorry if this wasn't a very good rate good luck on your team.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6269

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:38 pm

nikodem123asdf wrote:
Nope, it doesnt, and I agree with Rolfmao, Heatran in an amazing Pokemon for Hail Stall and Stall in general. His main counter, Vaporeon, doesnt enjoy taking repeated Fire Blasts, and Hail, FB and SR will wear it down little by little, even with wish. All stall teams usually need a bulky sweeper for late game, to clean up the whole mess, Heatran fills that role nicely
Back to top Go down
Blumey

Blumey

UT points : 5390

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:30 pm

The only problem I see is that 2/3 of your team takes damage from hail and your stall anyways.
Back to top Go down
jasonfire72

jasonfire72

UT points : 5216

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:34 pm

not a hail team 4/6 pokemon aree not ice so not hail team
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6269

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:55 pm

jasonfire72 wrote:
not a hail team 4/6 pokemon aree not ice so not hail team
I see a Team, and I see it bases around stall, so it is a Hail team
Back to top Go down
jasonfire72

jasonfire72

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:17 am

oh a stall hail team it is a great stall hail team i thought it said hail team with all the fire types hail wont do much on heatran/rotom ect
Back to top Go down
jasonfire72

jasonfire72

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:14 pm

heatran should not need to have explosion if choice scarfed. instead maybe flash cannon or somthing like that
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5889

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:17 pm

This team is complete win. I don't think there is any reason to rate it. Though if you plan to use this on wifi please don't because people don't want a battle that lasts an hour.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7719

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Beastof2000 wrote:
This team is complete win. I don't think there is any reason to rate it. Though if you plan to use this on wifi please don't because people don't want a battle that lasts an hour.

yeah lol once i made a hail team and used it on wi-fi and it lasted forever haha... I really didn't realize how long it would be
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5889

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Beastof2000 wrote:

yeah lol once i made a hail team and used it on wi-fi and it lasted forever haha... I really didn't realize how long it would be
Stall teams are never what you want to use on wifi. It's just annoying. Go with power offensive teams for wifi. Shoddy is where all the stalling should be. I mean on shoddy you get in like 3 Calm Mind stalls a game it's insane. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5770

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:02 pm

i would put an ice pokémon in your hail team
besides abomasnow and wailord a ice sweeper

but other then that good team
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5999

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:04 pm

I would use Mamoswine over Swampert. it can do the same thing and be a ice physical sweeper.

Mamaoswine@Life Orb
Nature:Adamant/Jolly
Ability:Snow Cloak
Evs: 252Hp, 252Atk 6 Spe/or 252 Spe and 252 Atk 6 hp
Moves
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard/Avalanche
-EarthQuake
-Roar/Superpower/Stonedge

This as i said gives you a physical sweeper which you lack. It can also stealth rock and roar.Plus if you don't nedd Roar there are other options.
Back to top Go down
jasonfire72

jasonfire72

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:32 am

ok

Last edited by jasonfire72 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hail Stall [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail Stall [OU]   Hail Stall [OU] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hail Stall [OU]
Page 1 of 1