Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate My Rain Dance Team! :)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5881

Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) Empty
PostSubject: Rate My Rain Dance Team! :)   Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) Azelf
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Explosion (Coaster)
- Stealth Rocks(Coaster)
---Azelf's job is to set up the Rain. Stealth Rocks is for entry hazards. Taunt is to ruin opposing leads that want to set up. Explosion normally happens after I set up the rain and stealth rocks.
Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) Kingdra
Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Outrage (Coaster)
- HP [Fighting]
---Kingdra is the soul of the team. I'm thinking about however making him a mix attacker so that I don't get screwed over by Blissey. Draco Meteor is a very strong stab move if I need to take down something Heavy. Smile Surf powered by the rain is very deadly. HP Fighting is to take down steel types though I might change it to HP Ground and Ice Beam is to take down dragons easily without the Sp.D drop from Draco Meteor.
Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) Zapdos
Zapdos @ Damp Rock (Coaster)
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 140 HP/252 Def/118 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Toxic
---Zapdos can be very deadly with it's ability to Toxic Stall with roost. It absorbs hits Physical hits like a champ. Thunder hits extremely hard for only having 118 Sp.A EV's. He also sets up the Rain.
Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) Flygon
Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Stone Edge (Coaster)
---This is just the standard Revenge Killing Flygon. However I am thinking about removing Fire Blast since it's power is cut in the rain. He helps me normally a lot late game though when the rain is down.
Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) Kabutops
Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb (Coaster)
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge Coaster
- Swords Dance
---Kabutops is my physical rain dance sweeper. If this thing has the sword dance up in the rain it's pretty much unbeatable with it's fantastic type coverage.
Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) Ludicolo
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Special Attack / 196 Speed
Modest Nature ( + Special Attack, - Attack )
~ Surf
~ Grass Knot
~ Ice Beam
~ Rain Dance
This whole set (Coaster)

Last edited by Beastof2000 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Coaster
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Coaster

UT points : 6556

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Rain Dance Team! :)   Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:12 am

To begin with, a Rain Dance team focuses on pure strength and the ability to sweep as fast and hard as possible. Your team focuses a bit more defensively, with only two Rain Dance Sweepers and a Revenge Killer, being completely opposite of what a Rain Dance team should be.

Azelf's moveset is just horrible. With a Pokemon that has unlimited choices in moves, your picks made it look like it had a tiny movepool. Safeguard and Taunt is redundant, as if you Taunt, they can't status you in anyway. Safeguard may seem good for the five turns, but the Rain is what you should be focusing on, not status. You say Grass Knot is for Swamperts, but that's just it. Go Explosion over Grass Knot as you can actually hit a lot more leads out there and get a safe switch into one of your sweepers. Also go Stealth Rock over Safeguard, as any battler should know that Stealth Rock is what can change a 2HKO into a OHKO.

Kingdra's set is somewhat interesting. You try to solve Kingdra's problem of being walled by steels with Hidden Power Fighting, when in reality, the only thing that can wall this is Empoleon, which Zapdos checks pretty nicely. You could replace it with Dragon Pulse, that way you could have a stable attack without the Special Attack drop from Draco Meteor. Speaking of which, replace Draco Meteor for Outrage, that way you won't be entirely walled by Blissey without needing to switch and waste a turn of rain. Your nature also makes no sense. Why have your Defense drop for Special Attack when you can drop your unused Attack? Go Modest if you don't take the Outrage suggestion, but if you do then you can keep Mild.

Zapdos - Go with Damp Rock over Leftovers. Zapdos already has Roost for recovery, with Damp Rock you could save your sweep with those three extra turns of rain.

Flygon - Fire Blast is redundant in rain. Go with Stone Edge.

What does Expert Belt on Kaputops exactly accomplish? Most people would use it to bluff a Choice item, but you don't need to have that bluff since you carry Swords Dance. Go with Life Orb instead.

As I mentioned, you're lacking in a Rain Dance sweeper, so with this I would suggest the Mexican Raindish:

Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) 272
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Special Attack / 196 Speed
Modest Nature ( + Special Attack, - Attack )
~ Surf
~ Grass Knot
~ Ice Beam
~ Rain Dance

Ludicolo has the bulk, as well as the resistance, to set up rain again and again, and still hit extremely hard. Grass Knot over Energy Ball since it hits Bulky Waters much harder than they do in UU.

That would be the end of my rate, do what you want to do with it.
Also, why don't you show a battle with someone who actually has experience in battling? Trying to show off your team to noobs doesn't help someone rate your team any better.
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5881

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Rain Dance Team! :)   Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Thank you Coaster. I will be testing it all out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Rain Dance Team! :)   Rate My Rain Dance Team! :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate My Rain Dance Team! :)
Page 1 of 1