Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Kanrik Series

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14530
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

The Kanrik Series Empty
PostSubject: The Kanrik Series   The Kanrik Series EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:45 pm

"What, your making a story about yourself now?"

No, to be honest before I used Kanrik as my name, it was a character that I use to use in a story I always kept telling myself I'd get published one day, but I doubt I'd ever become that great of a writer Neutral .

Instead, I'll slowly start added what I have written one piece at a time, and continue on to finish what I called "Book 1: Revival" (I actually came up with 3 book titles; Revival, Hollow End, and Revelation)

Most parts will take up more than one post, so be warned.

Parts added:
Book 1: Revival
-Prologue
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

The Kanrik Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kanrik Series   The Kanrik Series EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Prologue

To understand something, you must know of the past. If you are reading this, then my hiding place proved useful after all. I seem to be getting off on a bit of a tangent here, but I suppose that just comes as part of my old age. I suppose I'll use this time to introduce myself. My name is Merlin, and I live here in the castle of King Arthur. I suppose it does seem weird, that someone of my supposed power would take the time to write a letter to people he will never meet, but I hope that you read this, for this is my confession to the world of the horrible evil I myself have committed, in the name of keeping peace in the future.

I suppose I should begin. Off the coast of Britain lies a small island, that is inhabited by a group of people who call themselves "the Twilight". On our first and only journey there, I had the feeling that we had made a mistake, that Arther and I should have never traveled to this island, but the culture here was so fascinating, and having more people to support the kingdom is always a good thing. In our visit, we learned that in their culture, they abode by five principals, and these five principals controlled everything that happened in this world. The five principals were Life, Death, Truth, Wisdom, and the five basic elements of Wind, Water, Fire, Earth, and Lightning. We later discovered that for each principal, there was a deity that was its, embodiment, so to speak, and each was said to have their own unique form and abilities.

Teremos was the name of the Deity of Life. What they were trying to describe as his weapon baffled both Arther and myself. It was the first time either of us had ever heard of something called a "Crescent" blade, but sure enough such a thing did exist. It was a a blade that you could say was the shape of a half circle, with a handle in the center. The blade itself was golden. The Deity Teremos, or at least the newest embodiment of Teremos was one of the villages five elders, and had blue marks seemingly painted on his face, the "Mark of Life" on his fore head. It was also said that Teremos himself had the ability to transform into a wolf, with clear blue eyes and fur of the purest white, with what seemed to be depicted as angelic wings.

The name of the Deity of Death is a name I shall never forget; Seregon. His appearance was already well known around the world, the cloaked being that wields a black bladed scythe. Seregon's eyes were a dark red, and his hair was long and black. To my dismay, Arthur and I saw what was the newest embodiment of Seregon on our way off the island, and I'll never forget how cold and sorrowful the air around him felt. It was also said that similiar to Teremos, Seregon has a secondary form of a wolf, but this wolf had red eyes and dark, jet black fur. Along with wings that seemed more fit to be on a demon, this creature was seen to have two tails.

The third was Tal-sos, who was the Deity of Truth. Tal-sos was considered the hunter that used truth as his ammo, and as such, the weapon depicted with him was a great bow which never missed its target. Tal-mos was actually depicted as one of the youngest of the five Deities, and interestingly enough, he was the youngest of the Elders present at the time of our visit. As the others, Tal-sos had an animal form, his took the form of what we would call a Dragon in our time, this dragon having 3 sets of eyes, and was the only creature of the Deities that could see their presence no matter what form they took.

"The Seer", or as they also called him, Lexander, was the Deity of Wisdom. He had no weapon, only a staff and a book that he seemed to write more and more in as the days went by. Unlike most of the elders of this, I suppose clan works, he had no real mark to show that he was in fact Lexander, except by the odd mark on his right hand, that appeared to be a long pointed triangle with two circles at each part of the base. The form depicted for him was that of an owl that had four wings, its eyes a deep green.

The final of the five was the Deity that held the highest respect. To our surprise, we were not permitted to know his name due to the fact that we were outsiders. We were allowed to know that he needed no weapon, for he could control the elements. The was a large stone pillar near the area of the island we entered that had a drawing of the animal form on it. The Deity of the Elements was seen as a white fox with 5 tails, on the tip of each tail was one of the five elements. One tail was on fire, one was purely made of water, one made of pure rock, one that had the wind swirling around it, and the final tail constantly discharging electricity. We were told that there was only one thing we were allowed to call him, and that was "Master".

On our way of the island, we were stopped by a local who was sitting on the edge of a deep forest. He looked to Arthur, and then too me, as if he was looking for something. Arthur took the motive and asked, "Is there something we can help you with good sir?" The old man looked at us both, and gave us our parting words.

"No, neither of you have the gift of Kanrik..."

[Prologue - To be Continued]
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5981

The Kanrik Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kanrik Series   The Kanrik Series EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:54 pm

pretty instresting story. You get props for being one of the first here to not do a pokemon fanfic( not that theres anything wrong with that). The Backstory for the deitys was good and well thought out, but i was a bit suprised to find you didnt include one for the elements. Overall, good start!
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

The Kanrik Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kanrik Series   The Kanrik Series EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:55 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
pretty instresting story. You get props for being one of the first here to not do a pokemon fanfic( not that theres anything wrong with that). The Backstory for the deitys was good and well thought out, but i was a bit suprised to find you didnt include one for the elements. Overall, good start!
Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, and Lightning are the basic 5 elements Neutral
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

The Kanrik Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kanrik Series   The Kanrik Series EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:56 pm

By you didnt include one for the elements i meant you didnt have deitys for them.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6251

The Kanrik Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kanrik Series   The Kanrik Series EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:14 pm

As far as I remember, Lighting was never considered one of the basic elements. The idea of the 4 elements of nature was first conceived in ancient Greece. The "fifth element", ether, was thought to be in all things, the base and core of anything in existence. However, Lighting was never truly considered an element nature, due to it being a result of electrical charges in nature.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

The Kanrik Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kanrik Series   The Kanrik Series EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:13 pm

L wrote:
As far as I remember, Lighting was never considered one of the basic elements. The idea of the 4 elements of nature was first conceived in ancient Greece. The "fifth element", ether, was thought to be in all things, the base and core of anything in existence. However, Lighting was never truly considered an element nature, due to it being a result of electrical charges in nature.
When I was originally writing this, I went by the 5 element set up, (which oddly enough they are two of them), which is why Lightning is included
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

The Kanrik Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kanrik Series   The Kanrik Series EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:12 pm

So scince you came up with 3 book titles have you already basically finished the whole thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Kanrik Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kanrik Series   The Kanrik Series Empty

Back to top Go down

The Kanrik Series
Page 1 of 1