Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate My Team, please!

Go down 
+5
Darkravenn12
satisuicune
ninjatreecko12
Elfar
Temius
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5601

Rate My Team, please! Empty
PostSubject: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm more of a doubles player, and I wanted to make a singles team, so please be gentle. Here's my team. I welcome any suggestions.

Ninjask (Adamant) (No Item)
EVS: 248 HP, 8 A, 184 D, 68 SpD
Substitute, Protect, Swords Dance, Baton Pass

Ursaring (Adamant) (Leftovers)
EVS: 180 A, 56 D, 216 Spe, 56 SpD
Return, Crunch, Stone Edge, EQ

Registeel (Careful) (Lum Berry?)
EVS:252 D, 252 SpD, 4 Spe
Seismic Toss, Toxic, Thunderwave, Rest

Jirachi (Bold) (No Item)
EVS: 252 HP, 220 D, 36 Spe
Calm Mind, Wish, Thunderbolt, Psychic

Gengar (Timid) (Life Orb)
EVS:4 HP, 252 Spe, 252 SpA
Shadow Ball, Substitute, Focus Blast, HP Fire

Gyrados (Adamant) (Muscle Band)
EVS: 4 HP, 252 A, 252 Spe
Waterfall, Dragon Dance Stone Edge, EQ
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Descriptions would be helpful, but here's my take on the team.
-Give Ninjask leftovers. Also replace protect with x-scissor, so that Ninjask isn't completely helpless, if it does need to attack.
-I assume that you plan to pass out to Ursaring normally. He's not particularly the ideal Pokemon to pass out to, but he works I suppose.
-Give Jirachi Life Orb. I actually prefer physical Jirachi, but meh.
-This team as a whole has a huge weakness to Heracross. Common moves for Heracross are Close Combat, Megahorn, Stone Edge, and Nightslash, which pretty much covers your whole team, besides Jirachi, and I wouldn't rely on one Pokemon to carry the whole team's weakness.

Last edited by Elfar on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 pm

what would be a better pokemon to baton pass to?
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:21 pm

JeSus wrote:

Breloom, Infernape, or Scizor would be good ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

UT points : 5592

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:29 pm

For Registeel I would recommend Leftovers as You have Rest and I think you can deal with 2 turns of Being asleep.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tromboneandpokemon12
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Elfar wrote:
JeSus wrote:

Breloom, Infernape, or Scizor would be good ones.
But I want to really take advantage of the speed boost, and all of those pokemon don't really need it
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:34 pm

ninjatreecko12 wrote:
For Registeel I would recommend Leftovers as You have Rest and I think you can deal with 2 turns of Being asleep.
I just don't want like 3 pokemon with leftovers on my team
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5364

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:54 pm

JeSus wrote:
ninjatreecko12 wrote:
What's wrong with that? Not to mention, Breloom and Scizor are really slow... and you think they're fast, I'll show you, Ursaring base speed = 55... Scizor base speed = 65, Breloom Base Speed = 70... does 15 base speed difference really mean that Breloom doesn't need it, of course not, heck even Infernape would enjoy the speed, since he could outspeed scarfer's and other Pokemon like Starmie and Gengar, also just a suggestion, your Ninjask lead loses to a lot of common leads, one including Swampert, and another being Machamp, and also, Aerodactyl... and leads with priority, and some others I don't feel the need to explain...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:59 pm

satisuicune wrote:
JeSus wrote:
ninjatreecko12 wrote:
What's wrong with that? Not to mention, Breloom and Scizor are really slow... and you think they're fast, I'll show you, Ursaring base speed = 55... Scizor base speed = 65, Breloom Base Speed = 70... does 15 base speed difference really mean that Breloom doesn't need it, of course not, heck even Infernape would enjoy the speed, since he could outspeed scarfer's and other Pokemon like Starmie and Gengar, also just a suggestion, your Ninjask lead loses to a lot of common leads, one including Swampert, and another being Machamp, and also, Aerodactyl... and leads with priority, and some others I don't feel the need to explain...
Thanks a lot, I think I'll try Breloom out. But how exactly does my ninjask lose to swampert?
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6560

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:00 pm

JeSus wrote:
satisuicune wrote:
JeSus wrote:
ninjatreecko12 wrote:
Thanks a lot, I think I'll try Breloom out. But how exactly does my ninjask lose to swampert?
ninjask is a fail lead, honestly, it loses to almost every common lead
Swampert sets up stealth rock
then roars ninjask out
Back to top Go down
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 pm

And for Jirachi why not use Iron Head?
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:10 pm

ninjatreecko12 wrote:
And for Jirachi why not use Iron Head?
cuz it's a special Jirachi
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
JeSus wrote:
satisuicune wrote:
JeSus wrote:
ninjatreecko12 wrote:
then roars ninjask out
That's why I have protect! So I can get 2 levels of speed boost for when I baton pass
Back to top Go down
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:14 pm

I don't understand this: Why does your Ninjask have EVs on Atk and an Adament nature when there aren't any Attacking moves on it??
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm

ninjatreecko12 wrote:
I don't understand this: Why does your Ninjask have EVs on Atk and an Adament nature when there aren't any Attacking moves on it??
oh yeah...
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:46 pm

I'll change that. Any other recommendations for items?
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5364

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:27 pm

JeSus wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
JeSus wrote:
satisuicune wrote:
JeSus wrote:
ninjatreecko12 wrote:
then roars ninjask out
That's why I have protect! So I can get 2 levels of speed boost for when I baton pass
But remember, once you baton pass onto your Pokemon, you have to remember that you don't have ingrain setup, and once Ninjask switches into Ursaring or whatever via baton pass, you'll get roared out and lose the attack and speed boosts...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:43 pm

satisuicune wrote:
JeSus wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
JeSus wrote:
satisuicune wrote:
JeSus wrote:
ninjatreecko12 wrote:
then roars ninjask out
But remember, once you baton pass onto your Pokemon, you have to remember that you don't have ingrain setup, and once Ninjask switches into Ursaring or whatever via baton pass, you'll get roared out and lose the attack and speed boosts...
I guess so
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7103

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Uhh it's hard to see your strategy when you didn't write anything and the format right.

Follow this:
Floatzel (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spe/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Substitute

This format is alot easier to read and display important information Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:20 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Uhh it's hard to see your strategy when you didn't write anything and the format right.

Follow this:
Floatzel (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spe/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Substitute

This format is alot easier to read and display important information Very Happy
I know, but it's not the end of the world. All the info is still there and I really don't want to rewrite all of this
Back to top Go down
legendary B

UT points : 5016

PostSubject: My soul silver team all lv 50   Rate My Team, please! EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 5:03 am

Swampert@leftovers-adamant
-waterfall
-earthquake
-steath rock
-return

Dragonite@wide lens-adamant
-dragon rush
-fire punch
-aqua tail
-extreme speed

Machamp@kings rock-adamant
-dynamic punch
-rock slide
-seismic toss
-earthquake

Rhyperior@focus band-brave
-stone edge
-earthquake
-hammer arm
-payback

Victreebel@miracle seed-naughty
-leaf blade
-sludge bomb
-return
-sunny day

Slowking@colbur berry-calm
-psychic
-surf
-trick room
-flamethrower
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7103

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:40 am

legendary B wrote:
-waterfall
-earthquake
-steath rock
-return

-dragon rush
-fire punch
-aqua tail
-extreme speed

-dynamic punch
-rock slide
-seismic toss
-earthquake

-stone edge
-earthquake
-hammer arm
-payback

-leaf blade
-sludge bomb
-return
-sunny day

-psychic
-surf
-trick room
-flamethrower

First of all why would you post this in someone else's topic. Also put no ev's? There are no abilities and Focus Band is banned due to luck items clause.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6608

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:46 am

Temius wrote:
ninjatreecko12 wrote:
dude dose it matter
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:24 pm

legendary B wrote:
-waterfall
-earthquake
-steath rock
-return

-dragon rush
-fire punch
-aqua tail
-extreme speed

-dynamic punch
-rock slide
-seismic toss
-earthquake

-stone edge
-earthquake
-hammer arm
-payback

-leaf blade
-sludge bomb
-return
-sunny day

-psychic
-surf
-trick room
-flamethrower
Why'd you post an entirely different team on my thread. I think you should read the rmt rules before you post on these forums.
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5741

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Temius wrote:
legendary B wrote:
-waterfall
-earthquake
-steath rock
-return

-dragon rush
-fire punch
-aqua tail
-extreme speed

-dynamic punch
-rock slide
-seismic toss
-earthquake

-stone edge
-earthquake
-hammer arm
-payback

-leaf blade
-sludge bomb
-return
-sunny day

-psychic
-surf
-trick room
-flamethrower
Why'd you post an entirely different team on my thread. I think you should read the rmt rules before you post on these forums.
Unfortunately, almost no one does that Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team, please!   Rate My Team, please! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate My Team, please!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next