Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Supa Dupa Team

Go down 
+2
SoulSilverHeartGold
FreaKaz0id
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5748

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:42 pm

I finally finished my team Very Happy
It's a NU/UU team, so get ready.

Dodrio @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
~ Taunt
~ Pursuit
~ Brave Bird / Drill Peck
~ Return

So, this is my lead, get's out there to make some damage, or use taunt, depending on the opponent's lead. An usual lead, strong and fast. Unfortunately I still haven't decided between Brave Bird and Drill Peck, and why didn't I decided well, because Brave Bird is powerful but is hp consuming, and, Drill Peck is a little weak but it's not Hp consuming. Hope you guy's can help me.

Probopass @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 HP/ 168 Def/ 88 SpDef
~ Stealth Rock
~ Thunder Wave
~ Discharge
~ Pain Split

So this is my one and only wall, I really think it's enough for my team, when it's in, or set's up SR or Twave's the opponent, or does damage, all depending on the opponent. And Pain Split is really hand full.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Speed
~Leaf Storm
~Hidden Power [Ice]
~Leech Seed
~Synthesis

Thank you very much Shnoggle for this awesome TangrowthVery Happy

Golduck @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EV's: 4 Hp/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd
~ Hypnosis
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Calm Mind

Another sweeper, and this one is my favorite in this team, because it's really strong, first I use Hypnosis and then Calm Mind.

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
~ Earthquake
~ Sucker Punch
~ Stone Edge
~ Aerial Ace

This is my physical sweeper and only steel counter I have in this team unfortunately. It's really strong and makes a real use in this team.

Jynx @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EV's: 4 SpDef/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd
~ Ice Beam
~ Lovely Kiss
~ Phychic
~ Energy Ball

My last Pokemon in here is another Special Sweeper, and makes a huge difference in this time, only with Lovely Kiss, which is an awesome attack.

So there it is, this was my team and I hope you guy's liked it. I already tried this team on Shoddy (I don't use Shoddy to battle just to test, I use my DS to battle) and it was a huge success, really was, I made about 10 battles I only lost 2 of them, and they used OU's, and I'm not lying I swear, so there you see how this team is awesome.

Sooo, I guess it's all, I hope you post and rate it. Very Happy

Last edited by FreaKaz0id on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7110

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Well you need I supporter e team with heal bell/aromathreapy in case you get toxiced/t-waved/burned. Also you hav too much special sweepers on on the team. I recommend altaria because it's a great suppporter with Perish Song and Heal bell. As for your lead Drill Peck would still get a boost for the life orb and brave bird would be VERY HP consuming depending if you kill the pokemon or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7718

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Brave Bird over Dodrio definitely. If you don't need the extra power on a particular turn, you can always use Return instead of Brave Bird, and think about it... What Pokémon are you going to be trying to hit with Brave Bird that you couldn't with Return? Neither dents Rock or Steel Types. You aren't going to stay in on any Ghost in UU so BB will not be necessary in that situation (You shouldn't stay in on Spiritomb at risk of Burn, Mismagius can out speed and T-Bolt for the OHKO, Rotom is slower, but it resists BB and is immune to Return). So, BB > Drill Peck
I would also advise using a Lum Berry over Life Orb. Mainly because leads should be focused on supporting, not all out attacking, and BB + LO will be very HP consuming. The Lum helps you easily KO lead ScarfSaurs who try to Sleep Powder turn 1 so you can OHKO with BB. It also lets you absorb Status from random Pokémon later in the game, seeing as you have no Sleep-Talker or Pokémon with Guts or something along those lines.

On Probopass, I don't see why you have both Thunderwave AND Discharge... Pick one or the other. I'd say keep T-Wave and trash Discharge for HP [Rock] because it is the better STAB move when compared to Flash Cannon. The reason I say HP [Rock] over Power Gem is because they have the same power and you can bluff a different Hidden Power, like if you use it against a Swellow they might think it is ice and think their Moltres is free to switch in (Yes, a bad example, but situations like these do occur).

Drop Aerial Ace on Duggy as it has awful type coverage... The only thing it hits that your other moves don't is Torterra, and it doesn't even 2HKO most versions if they have leftovers. Give it substitute instead of Aerial Ace so it can block Houndoom's and other Pokémon's Sucker Punch, status moves, and set up a barrier if you come in on something like Altaria and they switch fearing Stone Edge. Speaking of Torterra, it completely rapes your team after a Rock Polish, which can be remedied by replacing Sceptile with a Tangrowth, the ultimate counter to Torterra. Here is the set

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Speed ----> So you can outspeed Chansey and Azumarril
•Leaf Storm
•Hidden Power [Ice]
•Leech Seed
•Synthesis

Sleep Powder is not the best option for this Pokémon because you have 2 other Pokémon with sleep moves already and under Sleep Clause, one of your moves has a permanent slash through it until that Pokémon wakes up/faints. The moves are fairly obvious, I think. You could also give Tangrowth a Relaxed nature and shift the Speed EVs elsewhere and slap EQ on its moveset over Leech Seed/Synthesis so it can hit Fire Types who are ballsy enough to switch in. If your prediction sucks, though, stick to this set Smile

Jynx is good! Glad to see someone else using it... However, Energy Ball isn't exactly particularly useful on a set like this. What I would advise is putting Nasty Plot over Energy Ball so you can sleep a counter, Nasty Plot up, and then wear your sleeping foe down with repeated Psychics/Ice Beams with the possibility of a Sp. Defense drop from Psychic. Also, change the nature to Timid because on sweepers, Speed is always more important than Attack if you don't have a Speed Boosting move.

I would advise at least Testing Encore over Hypnosis on Golduck... It is such a great move and not many people see it coming on Golduck. If you do end up using Encore, you can work Sleep Powder onto Tangrowth as it will have more utility then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5206

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 8:07 pm

To tell you ther truth, Duggy sweeping with Life Orb is a bad choice. Duggy is a Revenge Killer
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7718

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 8:14 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
To tell you ther truth, Duggy sweeping with Life Orb is a bad choice. Duggy is a Revenge Killer

The Life Orb isn't so he can sweep... It is so Dugtrio isn't set-up bait after he EQs, Sucker Punches etc... something. Anyways, the Life Orb still has enough power so Dugtrio can kill what he needs to. He still 2HKOs Registeel, still OHKOs Houndoom, still OHKOs SD Drapion etc... without Moltres coming in afterwards if he were Choiced and start raping his team.

To be honest, Moltres really screws this team over. You have no spin blocker and any team with a Moltres has a rapid spinner. Therefore it can easily come in after any of their Pokemon dies and literally OHKO your entire team bar Probopass. If Duggy is still alive you can attempt to Stone Edge, and Jynx can do about half with Psychic. There isn't much to do about this except replace Golduck with a much bulkier water type such as Slowking, Milotic, or even Azumarril
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5748

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:42 am

Thank's guy's for the rate's you did on this team (especially you Shnoogle for the enormous rate) and I'm starting to work on this.

If someone still want's to post, feel free to do it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6615

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:04 pm

night slash>sucker punch
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6564

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Momo wrote:
night slash>sucker punch

And why exactly is that? Sucker Punch not only takes care, of ghost, but also has priority, along with more power. It's disadvantage is it only has 5 PP, but I doubt he would need to even use it many times. It takes slight prediction, but Sucker Punch is a great move overall.

Backup your reasoning now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
Momo

Momo

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Elfar wrote:
Momo wrote:
night slash>sucker punch

And why exactly is that? Sucker Punch not only takes care, of ghost, but also has priority, along with more power. It's disadvantage is it only has 5 PP, but I doubt he would need to even use it many times. It takes slight prediction, but Sucker Punch is a great move overall.

sucker punch never works when it needs to
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Momo wrote:
Elfar wrote:
Momo wrote:
night slash>sucker punch

As I said, it requires slight prediction. It's meant to be used on ghost or psychic types. Nothing more, nor less. All you need to do is know when they plan to attack, which, eventually, they have to.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:33 pm

Elfar wrote:
Momo wrote:
Elfar wrote:
Momo wrote:
night slash>sucker punch

As I said, it requires slight prediction. It's meant to be used on ghost or psychic types. Nothing more, nor less. All you need to do is know when they plan to attack, which, eventually, they have to.
well on my dug i have scarf so i cant realy do that
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Momo wrote:
Elfar wrote:
Momo wrote:
Elfar wrote:
Momo wrote:
night slash>sucker punch

well on my dug i have scarf so i cant realy do that

Scarftrio is a much different story. Yes, if you know you are almost guaranteed to outspeed, and will be stuck on one move, night slash is better.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7110

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:09 am

Momo wrote:
Elfar wrote:
Momo wrote:
night slash>sucker punch

Sucker punch works -_- You just need prediction like Elfar said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Momo

Momo

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Momo wrote:
Elfar wrote:
Momo wrote:
night slash>sucker punch

Sucker punch works -_- You just need prediction like Elfar said.
i know but i think it was my set which has a scarf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Supa Dupa Team  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supa Dupa Team    Supa Dupa Team  Empty

Back to top Go down

Supa Dupa Team
Page 1 of 1