Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5742

New Team Empty
PostSubject: New Team   New Team EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 6:39 pm

That's right, I've made a new team Very Happy
It's a NU/UU and I think it's really cool but I may need your guy's help because I'm not the best team builder but I try my best.
So, let's get down to business.

New Team 480New Team 65New Team 99New Team 208New Team 146New Team 232
This is my team in general and now I'm going to analyse each one of them.

New Team 480@Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~Stealth Rock
~U-Turn
~Thunder Wave
~Zen Headbutt

The typical lead, you know, set up SR and maybe TWayving the opponent and then just U-Turn out to a better Pokemon or stay there and do the some damage.

New Team 65@Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
~Calm Mind
~Psychic
~Encore
~Shadow Ball

My Special Sweeper, and I gotta say, I don't know why people don't use it more often, because this thing after a Calm Mind and the Life Orb on it, god, it's a total killing machine.

New Team 99@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 72 HP / 184 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Crabhammer
~Return
~Agility

My physical sweeper. Who doesn't love a crab with huge power? I do, I do Razz.
Kingler can be awesome too with Crabhamer with his STAB, there's Return to take out some Poke's in the way.

New Team 208@Passho Berry
Adamant Nature
100 HP / 164 Atk / 244 SpD
~Earthquake
~Explosion
~Stone Edge
~Roar

My almost impenetrable physical wall, this has huge defense and come in handy some times. I have Earthquake mainly for STAB, and Explosion to take out those Milotic that think that they can take this thing down, but instead I just explode in her face (like Shnoogle said), and if the opponent starts SD'ing or using Agility I'll just Roar him out.

New Team 146@Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
~Fire Blast
~Air Slash
~Roost
~Hidden Power Grass

New Team 232@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Def
~Earthquake
~Rapid Spin
~Assurance
~Knock Off

MY Rapid Spinner, just to save Moltres.

Thanks a bunch Shnoogle, you improved this team allot Very Happy
Post and Rate.

Last edited by FreaKaz0id on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:57 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7712

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Get ready for a long rate lol

First off, your lead. Think about it, the things Uxie is weak to are almost always Special Attacks, so why make him Specially Defensive when people are going to be targeting him on that stat with super effective moves? You should be going with max Defense to switch into all of those Close Combats and such flying around UU at the moment. Other than that, your set looks good to me.

Espeon is outclassed by Alakazam in almost every way, and Espeon's defenses aren't that much of an improvement that it is worth less power and speed. For this reason, I suggest running an Alakazam with the exact move set except run Encore instead of Hidden Power. By the way, Espeon doesn't need a Hidden Power, really, unless it is in NU where Skuntank is on every 1 out of 2 teams. Plus, your reasons for HP are odd. You say Hidden Power Ice for Venusaur when you already have Psychic and a Neutral Psychic to Tangrowth does only 5 less damage than a super effective Hidden Power. The same goes with Milotic when referring to Hidden Power Grass as it does only 5 more damage and isn't worth a slot. Sharpedo is so incredibly rare in UU that it is most certainly not worth a slot and you should be switching out fearing a CB Aqua Jet in the first place. If you really want Espeon, replace the Hidden Power with Baton Pass as that is something Alakazam cannot do. Even if you do that, the only Pokémon that can take advantage of it is Charizard and it is locked into 1 move anyways, so I'd say use Alakazam instead.

With the release of HGSS Kingler got a cool move called Agility. Use it. X-Scissor is an OK move for coverage, but it is the most replaceable. So, run Crabhammer, Return, Agility, and Swords Dance. It totally owns things that aren't prepared for it. On top of that, I don't see what the point of running a Jolly Nature but giving it no Speed EVs is. On top of that, as a general rule of thumb, max HP before defenses as a Pokémon with max HP and no Defense is more bulky on both attacking sides than a Pokémon with max Defense and no HP in most cases. Try this EV spread instead...

Adamant
72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe

This outruns Timid Choice Scarf Rotom after an Agility, who is usually the fastest Pokémon you will face with a Scarf. The rest were thrown into HP for good measure and Kingler needs Max Attack on a sweeping set, so obviously 252 Attack EVs were given.

Since your team has one of the most Milotic weak teams I have ever seen in a long time, I would highly advise you to change your Steelix set to the uncommon, but effective, BaitLix set that myself and Saxman used very effectively several rounds ago in UU (in case you didn't know, a round on Shoddy is every time tier lists change, which is every 3 months or so). This set allows you to bait out Milotic, explode on it, and subsequently allow all your sweepers, Kingler especially, to have an easier time sweeping.

New Team 208 @ Passho Berry
EVs: 100 HP / 164 Atk / 244 SpD
Nature: Adamant
•Earthquake
•Explosion
•Roar
•Stone Edge

The EVs allow you to survive Bulky Milotic's and LO Milotic's Surf and OHKO with Explosion. You can also scout your counter by using Roar, and EQ is just an obvious STAB move. Usually, though, you should open with Stone Edge or Roar and here is why... What do people do when they see Steelix? Great job! They send in Moltres, Houndoom etc... assuming it will use Stealth Rock, or in Moltres' case, EQ. Thus, you can OHKO your switchin with SE and then proceed to Explode on their bulky water, leaving their defenses wide open to many sweepers. Roar is always good if you are not entirely sure what they will do, but know they will switch out. Remember, this Steelix isn't *** bulky as your other Steelix, so don't play him recklessly and have him taking powerful physical assaults too much. Other options include Taunt so Pokémon like Torterra cannot set up on you, but since Steelix is so incredibly slow, it isn't the best option. Payback is also an extraordinary option to hit Mismagius and Rotom switchins who think you will spam EQs till there is no tomorrow.

As a general rule of thumb, Charizard should not be used without Rapid Spin support because 99.9% of UU teams run Stealth Rock. Anyways, Moltres completely outclasses Charizard unless Charizard is physically based. Therefore, if you want a Fire type Pokémon, which I recommend for virtually any UU team to have except Rain Dance teams, I would suggest you run a Rapid Spinner. To be honest, Toxic Spikes support in UU sucks with Venusaur being the #1 used Pokémon and Toxicroak in the top 15. Drapion as a whole also seems to be doing the least for your team so I recommend switching him for Donphan. With good prediction, this also patches you Mismagius/Rotom weakness, hitting both with Assurance on the switch trying to block Rapid Spin. Here is the set

New Team 232 @ Leftovers
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Def
•Earthquake
*Rapid Spin
•Assurance
•Ice Shard/Knock Off

These EVs actually make Donphan take physical hits better than about 5% than if you ran max HP.
The first 3 moves are obvious as I already explained them, but the last slot if preference. Since you lack priority on this team, Ice Shard is a useful option, but then again since Drapion was used for support and Donphan is replacing him, Knock Off is a worthwhile option to support the team as a whole. You can take off that Life Orb from Moltres switchins, Leftovers from Milotic etc...

Hope this helped and if you have any questions, just post them and I'll get around to answering them eventually =P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Shnoogle wrote:

First off, your lead. Think about it, the things Uxie is weak to are almost always Special Attacks, so why make him Specially Defensive when people are going to be targeting him on that stat with super effective moves? You should be going with max Defense to switch into all of those Close Combats and such flying around UU at the moment. Other than that, your set looks good to me.

Will do that Very Happy

Espeon is outclassed by Alakazam in almost every way, and Espeon's defenses aren't that much of an improvement that it is worth less power and speed. For this reason, I suggest running an Alakazam with the exact move set except run Encore instead of Hidden Power. By the way, Espeon doesn't need a Hidden Power, really, unless it is in NU where Skuntank is on every 1 out of 2 teams. Plus, your reasons for HP are odd. You say Hidden Power Ice for Venusaur when you already have Psychic and a Neutral Psychic to Tangrowth does only 5 less damage than a super effective Hidden Power. The same goes with Milotic when referring to Hidden Power Grass as it does only 5 more damage and isn't worth a slot. Sharpedo is so incredibly rare in UU that it is most certainly not worth a slot and you should be switching out fearing a CB Aqua Jet in the first place. If you really want Espeon, replace the Hidden Power with Baton Pass as that is something Alakazam cannot do. Even if you do that, the only Pokémon that can take advantage of it is Charizard and it is locked into 1 move anyways, so I'd say use Alakazam instead.

I've looked at Espeon and Alakazam trying to figure out with one to use but then I sticked with Espeon. And I totally forgot about Venusaur being half poison, I'm just not used to it Razz. Ok, I'm going to change it to Alakazam to see how it goes.

With the release of HGSS Kingler got a cool move called Agility. Use it. X-Scissor is an OK move for coverage, but it is the most replaceable. So, run Crabhammer, Return, Agility, and Swords Dance. It totally owns things that aren't prepared for it. On top of that, I don't see what the point of running a Jolly Nature but giving it no Speed EVs is. On top of that, as a general rule of thumb, max HP before defenses as a Pokémon with max HP and no Defense is more bulky on both attacking sides than a Pokémon with max Defense and no HP in most cases. Try this EV spread instead...

Adamant

This outruns Timid Choice Scarf Rotom after an Agility, who is usually the fastest Pokémon you will face with a Scarf. The rest were thrown into HP for good measure and Kingler needs Max Attack on a sweeping set, so obviously 252 Attack EVs were given.

That 240 EV's on Def was a misclick, it was suppose to be Spe, what was I thinking. Thanks for the tip btw, those Rotoms really are a pain Razz.

Since your team has one of the most Milotic weak teams I have ever seen in a long time, I would highly advise you to change your Steelix set to the uncommon, but effective, BaitLix set that myself and Saxman used very effectively several rounds ago in UU (in case you didn't know, a round on Shoddy is every time tier lists change, which is every 3 months or so). This set allows you to bait out Milotic, explode on it, and subsequently allow all your sweepers, Kingler especially, to have an easier time sweeping.

•Earthquake
•Explosion
•Roar
•Stone Edge

The EVs allow you to survive Bulky Milotic's and LO Milotic's Surf and OHKO with Explosion. You can also scout your counter by using Roar, and EQ is just an obvious STAB move. Usually, though, you should open with Stone Edge or Roar and here is why... What do people do when they see Steelix? Great job! They send in Moltres, Houndoom etc... assuming it will use Stealth Rock, or in Moltres' case, EQ. Thus, you can OHKO your switchin with SE and then proceed to Explode on their bulky water, leaving their defenses wide open to many sweepers. Roar is always good if you are not entirely sure what they will do, but know they will switch out. Remember, this Steelix isn't *** bulky as your other Steelix, so don't play him recklessly and have him taking powerful physical assaults too much. Other options include Taunt so Pokémon like Torterra cannot set up on you, but since Steelix is so incredibly slow, it isn't the best option. Payback is also an extraordinary option to hit Mismagius and Rotom switchins who think you will spam EQs till there is no tomorrow.

Thanks for the set, it really seems awesome. Wink

As a general rule of thumb, Charizard should not be used without Rapid Spin support because 99.9% of UU teams run Stealth Rock. Anyways, Moltres completely outclasses Charizard unless Charizard is physically based. Therefore, if you want a Fire type Pokémon, which I recommend for virtually any UU team to have except Rain Dance teams, I would suggest you run a Rapid Spinner. To be honest, Toxic Spikes support in UU sucks with Venusaur being the #1 used Pokémon and Toxicroak in the top 15. Drapion as a whole also seems to be doing the least for your team so I recommend switching him for Donphan. With good prediction, this also patches you Mismagius/Rotom weakness, hitting both with Assurance on the switch trying to block Rapid Spin. Here is the set

New Team 232 @ Leftovers
•Earthquake
*Rapid Spin
•Assurance
•Ice Shard/Knock Off

These EVs actually make Donphan take physical hits better than about 5% than if you ran max HP.
The first 3 moves are obvious as I already explained them, but the last slot if preference. Since you lack priority on this team, Ice Shard is a useful option, but then again since Drapion was used for support and Donphan is replacing him, Knock Off is a worthwhile option to support the team as a whole. You can take off that Life Orb from Moltres switchins, Leftovers from Milotic etc...

I've been looking at Donphan for about 20 minutes and I'm not even joking, because I knew I couldn't go with Charizard with SR in the way, but then I was always thinking about my water disadvantage but I'm going to see how this is going to go.

Hope this helped and if you have any questions, just post them and I'll get around to answering them eventually =P
Thank you very much Shnoogle, you have a been a huge help to me.
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:16 am

Ok, my team has been updated.

I don't know if someone could Sav me this team?
If they didn't minded of course.
PM me or something.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:15 am

One little nitpick. Moltres is an amazing Pokemon because it can change its moves between HP [Grass], Fire Blast, Air Slash, and Roost. Compared to Choice Specs, Life Orb sets are much more efficient because you aren't forced to switch all the time, the power drop is minimal, and you get Roost to offset SR damage if Donphan doesn't get a chance to spin and from taking Close Combats, Leaf Storms and all that good stuff on the switch. You don't want to click Fire Blast and literally have Milotic come in and wall you to death when you can 2HKO Milotic with LO HP Grass (only if you are Modest, though). On top of that, even if you predict flawlessly and use HP Grass on the switch, who's not to say that they will know it is specs, switch in their Venusaur, Registeel, Altaria or whoever and start Sleep Powdering, Thunderwaving/Stealth Rocking, or Dragon Dancing for free?
Basically, run the same set you have with Life Orb over Specs and give it Roost instead of U-Turn

And you're welcome lol
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:56 am

Shnoogle wrote:
One little nitpick. Moltres is an amazing Pokemon because it can change its moves between HP [Grass], Fire Blast, Air Slash, and Roost. Compared to Choice Specs, Life Orb sets are much more efficient because you aren't forced to switch all the time, the power drop is minimal, and you get Roost to offset SR damage if Donphan doesn't get a chance to spin and from taking Close Combats, Leaf Storms and all that good stuff on the switch. You don't want to click Fire Blast and literally have Milotic come in and wall you to death when you can 2HKO Milotic with LO HP Grass (only if you are Modest, though). On top of that, even if you predict flawlessly and use HP Grass on the switch, who's not to say that they will know it is specs, switch in their Venusaur, Registeel, Altaria or whoever and start Sleep Powdering, Thunderwaving/Stealth Rocking, or Dragon Dancing for free?
Basically, run the same set you have with Life Orb over Specs and give it Roost instead of U-Turn

And you're welcome lol
Man, you should have seen this team in battle, it just pwns Razz
And that set of Steelix is just gold, because I can explode in the face of the opponent, oh, and Alakazam is beat too, with Encore I can trap the opponent like for example, a Sucker Puncher Forret and Spam Calm Mind Razz.
I just can't get enough of thanking you Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Lol sure thing man =P
Good luck with your future battles!
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6088

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:35 am

i disagree with alakazams second attack, the coverage of psychic and ghost is not too great, obviously against dark types. Signal Beam/Focus Blast is better coverage (albeit smogon), and i personally prefer signal beam. the confuse hax comes more than often for me, and is always a pain for the opponent. it also has 100% accuracy, but focus blast hits harder. focus blast is also your only chance to hit other steelix hard without your moltres i believe (i didnt look very hard at the rest of your team)
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 am

saxman1324 wrote:
i disagree with alakazams second attack, the coverage of psychic and ghost is not too great, obviously against dark types. Signal Beam/Focus Blast is better coverage (albeit smogon), and i personally prefer signal beam. the confuse hax comes more than often for me, and is always a pain for the opponent. it also has 100% accuracy, but focus blast hits harder. focus blast is also your only chance to hit other steelix hard without your moltres i believe (i didnt look very hard at the rest of your team)
You do have a point there, annoying the opponent with confusion sure is irritating, I'll try it out on shoddy to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Actually, Saxman is right for the most part, but it can go either way, really. You have a pretty big NP Missy weakness so I kind of wanted Alakazam to have Shadow Ball for that purpose because a Psychic won't OHKO but Shadow Ball will after SR. But, Signal Beam provides the most neutral coverage and is worth testing at least.
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7932

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Shnoogle wrote:

Adamant

•Earthquake
•Explosion
•Roar
•Stone Edge

New Team 232 @ Leftovers
•Earthquake
*Rapid Spin
•Assurance
•Ice Shard/Knock Off

Question: Can Schnoogle run this section?

Everything Schnoogie said was 110% correct, and Saxxy added to that.
Really, this topic can't be rated anymore.
Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5992

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:48 pm

yeah, shnoogles like the best teamrater ever. altho, he dosent post his teams very often.

oh, and nice team freak! only thing is, its barley NU at all anymore.not that im saying you should change it...
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:02 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
yeah, shnoogles like the best teamrater ever. altho, he dosent post his teams very often.

oh, and nice team freak! only thing is, its barley NU at all anymore.not that im saying you should change it...
Yeah, I already saw that and I don't mind a bit, it's awesome and I love it Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:07 pm

dragonmxz wrote:

lol well I have posted 3 of them... Two UUs and that 1 team that was just for laughs =P
The truth is, I don't make teams very often, and not all of the teams I make need enough help that it is worth posting. And thanks for the complement lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Empty

Back to top Go down

New Team
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: