Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who should be made uber?

Go down 
+12
cdplayar
Gir
leafshadow
ninjatreecko12
SoulSilverHeartGold
Pialga93
Shnoogle
boris5000
Momo
dragonmxz
Darkravenn12
Temius
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5592

Who should be made uber? Empty
PostSubject: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:19 pm

In the current metagame, there certain pokemon jirachi! that I believe are not very well balanced against other pokes in that tier. do you believe a certain poke should be made uber?
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6551

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:31 pm

At this point I think nothing should be made uber really.
Btw, i dont c y u think jirachi should be uber
physical sets are walled by skarm, even if they run fire punch it wont 2hko
Magnezone completely destroys scarf rachi
and sets up on it
Metagross 2hkos/ohkos if banded all offensive jirachi's and cannot be ohkoed by fire punch
Jirachi really isnt a problem in the metagame, especially with the rise of pokes like ape, which murder jirachi in it's tracks
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5982

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:41 pm

yeah, CS iron head can be annoying, but switch in something that can take it out or another CSer and it will die. Nothing really needs to be uber, i think that a few pokemon are far underutilized(heracross)
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6599

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:58 pm

Temius wrote:
In the current metagame, there certain pokemon jirachi! that I believe are not very well balanced against other pokes in that tier. do you believe a certain poke should be made uber?
jirachi isnt nearly good egough to be uber

I think electivire should be uu
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:07 pm

I just feel that certain pokemon, such as jirachi and breloom, are used WAY too much, and if they were made uber, it would increase the variety in teams
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Temius wrote:
I just feel that certain pokemon, such as jirachi and breloom, are used WAY too much, and if they were made uber, it would increase the variety in teams
there not good enough and Electivire should be UU cuz it sucks
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:20 pm

I know. Neither is garchomp! but they centralize the metagame, and are really freakin' annoying
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Temius wrote:
I know. Neither is garchomp! but they centralize the metagame, and are really freakin' annoying
Garchomp can out speed alot but do u think electivire should be UU
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:42 pm

I think electivire can be quite powerful in UU if used properly. It's just kinda funny that most of the recently new ubers can be near-OHKOed by a mamoswine ice shard
Back to top Go down
boris5000

boris5000

UT points : 6201

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:13 am

Temius wrote:
I think electivire can be quite powerful in UU if used properly. It's just kinda funny that most of the recently new ubers can be near-OHKOed by a mamoswine ice shard

Electivire should be moved to BL at the least. After a motor drive Evire has enough brawn to take down every single pokemon in UU. It's only OU because of its ability.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7702

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:42 am

boris5000 wrote:
Temius wrote:

Electivire should be moved to BL at the least. After a motor drive Evire has enough brawn to take down every single pokemon in UU. It's only OU because of its ability.

You do realize that no Pokémon drops down from OU to BL, right? They first go to UU and then after the round (3 months or so) people nominate suspects for BL, and if the majority of eligible voters vote BL then its BL.
BL is a ban list from UU, just like Ubers is a ban list from OU.

A Pokémon is considered UU after a round if it is used less than 1 in 20 teams, iirc. You always have the n00bs on Shoddy using the GyaraVire combo who keep it in OU.

There is no way Jirachi is Uber... Every set has counters and several checks. I cannot really fathom why you think Breloom is Uber because it is incredibly frail, thus making it difficult to get into the battle. The easiest way is to get on a Stone Edge from Tyranitar, even though that still does a lot to it, or an EQ from Metagross etc...Grass types have so many weaknesses that it isn't even funny, and thus many, many Pokémon can easily force it out and set up on it while they switch. Breloom's Speed also leaves a lot to be desired because base 70 is not very good for any sweeper, really.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5756

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:33 am

we really don't need more pokemon uber, I already miss salamence, but i'll give a little prediction that scizor is next.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:38 am

we just want the metagame tyo be diverse, not just a bunch of people using jirachi or scizor
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7094

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:39 am

Well I think it is fine as it is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

UT points : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:39 am

In OU the metagame isn't diverse. That's why some people play UU or NU because it is MUCH more diverse than OU.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tromboneandpokemon12
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 am

but there's no reason that the OU metagame SHOULDN'T be diverse!
Back to top Go down
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

UT points : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:17 pm

OU has never been a diverse metagame. Of all of the pokes that are in OU, none of them will go to Uber. (maybe Scizor but Heatran should counter it if it outspeeds the Scizor)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tromboneandpokemon12
leafshadow

leafshadow

UT points : 6444

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:29 pm

ninjatreecko12 wrote:
OU has never been a diverse metagame. Of all of the pokes that are in OU, none of them will go to Uber. (maybe Scizor but Heatran should counter it if it outspeeds the Scizor)
Scizor is also countered by Zapdos as it resists all attacks exept for pursuit but it takes little damage and OHKOs it with heatwave and Gyra for the same reason as Zapdos but it can set up on scizor.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Scizor is so easily countered and set up on that it is no where near broken. Zapdos, Gyarados, Suicune, Jirachi, Magnezone, Heatran etc... Steel is a completely horrible attacking type, and is resisted by many Pokémon. Pretty much every Scizor is CBed, so depending on the attack you can easily set up on it.

Most of you would be surprised when i say that UU is only a little more diverse than OU. The metagame centralizes around about 20 or so Pokémon, just like OU, and while there is room for other Pokémon to wreck havoc, it is very uncommon to see Pokémon like Nidoking (even though it is UU) among others on every 10 teams you face. Many people are also reluctant to use NUs although many of them are quite good (Magmortar, Venomoth, Exeggutor, Qwilfish etc...)
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5756

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Scizor is so easily countered and set up on that it is no where near broken. Zapdos, Gyarados, Suicune, Jirachi, Magnezone, Heatran etc... Steel is a completely horrible attacking type, and is resisted by many Pokémon. Pretty much every Scizor is CBed, so depending on the attack you can easily set up on it.

Most of you would be surprised when i say that UU is only a little more diverse than OU. The metagame centralizes around about 20 or so Pokémon, just like OU, and while there is room for other Pokémon to wreck havoc, it is very uncommon to see Pokémon like Nidoking (even though it is UU) among others on every 10 teams you face. Many people are also reluctant to use NUs although many of them are quite good (Magmortar, Venomoth, Exeggutor, Qwilfish etc...)
Magmortar is NU! who makes these tiers, my Magmar reaks havoc whenever I use it, and I have to say quilifish has always been under-appreciated he can set up nicely with toxic spikes then explode and put a damper on the opponent. this is one of the main reasons I don't care about tiers because each pokemon has it's own unique potential a good trainer can harness no matter the tier. I've just always felt that's how pokemon was meant to be played.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:15 pm

the tiers can be quite strange, and some low-tier pokemon reaLLY shine when used properly
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5982

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 pm

yeah, most Nu pokemon are fine. People dont seem to realize that at one point they were all used in UU. Sure, certain pokemon completley outclass others( abimbom over persian) but many Nu can fill niches in the UU metagame. Unlike OU, where it can be difficult( tho not impossible) to use UU pokemon in it and have them work better than some OU pokemon, many pokemon are just as good as UU pokes. There are things like primeape and hariyama in UU, but that dosent stop me from using my amazing choice Scarf primeape. Plu, people often dont know what to expect from a NU, so you get the suprise factor as well.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:48 am

Pialga93 wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Magmortar is NU! who makes these tiers, my Magmar reaks havoc whenever I use it, and I have to say quilifish has always been under-appreciated he can set up nicely with toxic spikes then explode and put a damper on the opponent. this is one of the main reasons I don't care about tiers because each pokemon has it's own unique potential a good trainer can harness no matter the tier. I've just always felt that's how pokemon was meant to be played.

If you play Shoddy, then you are one of the people who help make the tiers. Tiers are based on usage, and thus if a Pokémon's usage is very low, it will be either NU or UU. I'm not sure the exact % or anything, but you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:24 pm

that doesn't mean anything about their potential usefulness
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6252

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Temius wrote:
that doesn't mean anything about their potential usefulness
No, but potential usefulness is highly subjective, numbers are not, numbers are cold and cant lie, thus are more reliable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made uber?   Who should be made uber? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who should be made uber?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next