Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Touch-Typing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boris5000

boris5000

UT points : 6219

Touch-Typing Empty
PostSubject: Touch-Typing   Touch-Typing EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:12 pm

So, today my dad was learning how to touch-type so he can computer program alot quicker (for the course he is doing). I lolled at this as he struggled his way through a tedious and garish touch-typing program which would take a long time, practising asdf-jkl; stuff.

Me and my borther both have developed our own style of touch-typing, so we were watching our father to the "standard" version see that there were some obvious flaws. Most of the time the standard touchtyping programs do not consider the probabilities of words and greatly as a human mind does.

So anyway, the topic is: Can you touch type? If so, how do you touch-type (describe in as much detail as you like)

I think with my style of touch typing, along with being able not to look at the screen or keyboard and still being able to type in perfect grammatical sense (don't be a grammar nazi on this thread). Including full-stops e.t.c. It is faster than most but it can tire the fingers out. My set standard position is not the classical asdf jkl; style rather i have:

Lshift a e v and m o [ Enter, Using my right index finger for the spacebar, its a pretty cool style. And I tend to use my middle fingers and ring fingers for the main body of typing leaving me to manipulate the control keys with my pinkies and index fingers. (for the awesose shortcuts yadada)

So yeah, how do you type on your marvellous excellent keyboards.
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7653

Touch-Typing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch-Typing   Touch-Typing EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:28 pm

I did the two finger thing long enough to not look, and figured it was too slow, so I just added additional fingers to make it quicker. :3

Those typing programs are horrible, I learned it by myself, screw the system.

Yeah I type weird, but I type fast too. :3
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5705

Touch-Typing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch-Typing   Touch-Typing EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Lol i've been typing on computers since I was like 7 years old so I know where all the keys are, well my fingers do lol. Uh wtf is tough typing? I use most fingers basically it's alot faster once you get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6569

Touch-Typing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch-Typing   Touch-Typing EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Neku wrote:
Lol i've been typing on computers since I was like 7 years old so I know where all the keys are, well my fingers do lol. Uh wtf is tough typing? I use most fingers basically it's alot faster once you get the hang of it.
agreed
i just know where to keys are
lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Touch-Typing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch-Typing   Touch-Typing Empty

Back to top Go down

Touch-Typing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Reality :: General Discussion-