Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moltres is a week little guy. D:

Go down 
+4
Temius
Shnoogle
SoulSilverHeartGold
cdplayar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7943

Moltres is a week little guy. D: Empty
PostSubject: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Kayso, this set is there to replace my Moltres on my team. Why do I hate Moltres? It's 4x weak to ground and shtuff.

ThisisanNFE(Monferno)(M)@Life Orb)
Jolly
Blaze
252 SPE/252 ATK/ 6 HP
Fake Out
Fire Punch
Encore
Close Combat

Suggestions?
I know this is a NFE in UU, but I think it has a chance of working by using the fake out, then the Encore, switch into something to take out the lead. :3

*Red suggested by: Schnoogle/Gir
Blue suggested by: SSHG

Last edited by cdplayar on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7115

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:00 pm

This is better suited for NU... also Close Combat over Gunk shot. I suggest Thunderpunch over Encore to take care of those flying types too. Flare Blitz is better than fire punch but that will be your choice. I know replacing encore ruins your strategy, but it is just for coverage. Unless you have an electric type on your team...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7723

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:59 pm

If this is a lead, Focus Sash is the best item. For a sweeper, Life Orb should do fine.

Flare Blitz over Fire Punch because Monferno's attack isn't that great, so it needs the boost. Also, he isn't going to live a hit so the recoil doesn't matter much. Thunderpunch is unneeded. All of the Pokémon who aren't hit for more damage from Flare Blitz or Close Combat out speed and OHKO you anyways. Think, Swellow, Moltres etc...
Encore is a fantastic move for a fragile Pokémon because no one sees it coming at all and it allows you to more easily support the team than by straight up throwing out powerful attacks.

And, surprisingly, Monferno is a viable Pokémon in UU because it is so unpredictable and has great STAB moves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
If this is a lead, Focus Sash is the best item. For a sweeper, Life Orb should do fine.

Flare Blitz over Fire Punch because Monferno's attack isn't that great, so it needs the boost. Also, he isn't going to live a hit so the recoil doesn't matter much. Thunderpunch is unneeded. All of the Pokémon who aren't hit for more damage from Flare Blitz or Close Combat out speed and OHKO you anyways. Think, Swellow, Moltres etc...
Encore is a fantastic move for a fragile Pokémon because no one sees it coming at all and it allows you to more easily support the team than by straight up throwing out powerful attacks.

And, surprisingly, Monferno is a viable Pokémon in UU because it is so unpredictable and has great STAB moves.

Well Moltres can OHKO Monferno with Air Slash... because it is so frial and it has poo defenses. So it won't even survive a hit with some other pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5613

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:47 pm

I think you meant rock, not ground
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 6:49 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Well Moltres can OHKO Monferno with Air Slash... because it is so frial and it has poo defenses. So it won't even survive a hit with some other pokemon.

Well, that's pretty much what I said, so unless you read incorrectly, are you agreeing with me?
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Well, that's pretty much what I said, so unless you read incorrectly, are you agreeing with me?

Yeah I took it the wrong way...
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks guys.
The only thing I see wrogn with your post, Shcnoogs, is that you're suggestion flare blitz, but the recoil would defeat the purpose of a focus sash.
:3
That's all.
And I am taking CC over gunk shot.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6273

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:32 pm

He said that if it was a lead, Focus Sash should be the option, otherwise, go for Life Orb
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Gir wrote:
He said that if it was a lead, Focus Sash should be the option, otherwise, go for Life Orb

True.
I will put life orb.
:3
I read his post wrong
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6620

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Is fake out really needed
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Momo wrote:

Are you kidding?
It's a Fake Out - Encore lead.
OF COURSE FAKE OUT IS NEEDED!
The whole point of him is to use Fake Out.
Like, really man?
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:43 pm

cdplayar wrote:
Momo wrote:

Are you kidding?
Like, really man?
Ok I just dont see the point but whatever
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:24 am

Momo wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
Momo wrote:

Are you kidding?
Like, really man?

Fake out is just to get some damage on the opponent.

Last edited by SoulSilverHeartGold on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Momo wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
Momo wrote:

Are you kidding?
Like, really man?

Fake out is jsut to get some damage on the opponent.
But its only good with tecnition
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:52 pm

Fake Out's primary use is on a lead to ruin the other Pokemon's Focus Sash and it is also somewhat useful for revenge killing.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Momo wrote:
Momo wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
Momo wrote:

Are you kidding?
Like, really man?

Fake out is just to get some damage on the opponent.
But its only good with *technician

No it isn't, I agree with what schnoogle said, and it can still do decent damage without technician.
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7656

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Replace fakeout with tackle.

It has better coverage, and does more damage.
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5211

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Evil wrote:

I don't know whether I should be laughing or be scared.

Anyway, I really have no objections to this set, really. It basically can operate well in NU, even though there isn't an official tier for play. I think one thing though is that Pinsir seems to be a threat (I know, I'm thinking in the broadest terms possible and I do not know the NU metagame completely, though from UU, a modified CS Pinsir can operate as a lead and useful Revenge Killer). Earthquake will kill, undoubtedly, so keep sharp. This isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
Evil wrote:

Anyway, I really have no objections to this set, really. It basically can operate well in NU, even though there isn't an official tier for play. I think one thing though is that Pinsir seems to be a threat (I know, I'm thinking in the broadest terms possible and I do not know the NU metagame completely, though from UU, a modified CS Pinsir can operate as a lead and useful Revenge Killer). Earthquake will kill, undoubtedly, so keep sharp. This isn't bad.

What are you talknig about just like ubers, people play NU...
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5211

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:34 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
Evil wrote:

Yeah, I know. It's only that Smogon doesn't have an official play tier for NU. I don't know about other sites/servers that do NU play usage statistics. Sorry for any problems.
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7656

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:44 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
eaglehawks wrote:
Evil wrote:

Yeah, I know. It's only that Smogon doesn't have an official play tier for NU. I don't know about other sites/servers that do NU play usage statistics. Sorry for any problems.

My skitty couldnt last a turn with mewtwo. farao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moltres is a week little guy. D:   Moltres is a week little guy. D: Empty

Back to top Go down

Moltres is a week little guy. D:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: