Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magneton- UU D-dance Altaria counter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

UT points : 5449

Magneton- UU D-dance Altaria counter Empty
PostSubject: Magneton- UU D-dance Altaria counter   Magneton- UU D-dance Altaria counter EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:33 pm

So, I decided to formulate an Altaria counter today, so this is what I came up with
Magneton W/Leftovers
EVs: 255 sp.atk, 255 defense
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magnet pull (for more than just altaria)
Moves:
Tri attack
Thunderbolt
Explosion
Psych up
The main strategy against altaria is to attack with with Tri-attack and T-bolt, then use psych up after it D-dances one or twice, then explode on it to kill.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7722

Magneton- UU D-dance Altaria counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magneton- UU D-dance Altaria counter   Magneton- UU D-dance Altaria counter EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:14 pm

It seems like you belive Magnet Pull traps everything, but it actually doesn't and therefore Altaria can just switch.
Pretty much every DD Altaria has EQ also, so Magneton in general will not work as a counter.
Investing 252 into HP into most things (Magneton included, there are some exceptions regarding base stats and such) actually increasing physical survivability more than 252 Defense does as well as Special Defense (which helps make better use of his Electric, Ice, etc... resistances).

Psych up is just a bad strategy if you are going to explode... What's tge difference between what you are doing and having a max attack Magneton with a Choice Band attached to it so it can Explode on Altaria?

The best way to "check" Altaria with Magneton is run a Timid set with enough EVs to outrun a +1 Adamant 252 Speed Altaria (244 Speed EVs) and give Mag a Scarf and HP [Ice]. You will most likely need SR to secure the OHKO, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze

Magneton- UU D-dance Altaria counter
Page 1 of 1