Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UT Forums ~ Clean Up

Go down 
+4
Evil
pikachu!
Phase1-Skeith
Noble Roar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Noble Roar

Noble Roar

UT points : 6540

UT Forums ~ Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Hello to whoever is reading this.
I have a suggestion for the forum.

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm on the main page, it seems like my browser starts to lag.
I have very high speculations that it is the amount of sections we have.
I believe we should get rid of these "smaller" categories and make them into one "large" category.
For example:
If you look at the Other Games section, we have 8 different types of games that are available to start threads on.
I believe these 8 threads are unnecessary and they can be shorten to 5 or 4 sections.
I believe we should have the following sections:
Wii
XBox 360
PS3
DS
Wii/DS Ware

This then results in more freedom to post in the Other Games section, instead of a direct topic, like Call of Duty.

If I come up with anymore ideas I'll edit this post or maybe start a new thread.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Star/index.php?
Phase1-Skeith

Phase1-Skeith

UT points : 5792

PostSubject: Re: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:20 pm

I highly agree to this point.
My browser doen't really start lagging but the main page really has an overload of cathegories.
Especially some game forums could be joined together like Ami suggested.

A successfull forum admin once said: The key to a good forum is to make it look appealing, compact and structured.
Back to top Go down
pikachu!

pikachu!

UT points : 7261

PostSubject: Re: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Agreed with the both of you, it should be shrunk, my computer doesn't lag, well, it does if i click refresh to much...but that's beside the point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Elvisrodriguez1992
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7633

PostSubject: Re: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Or just edit how many threads you wanna see when you open the page Smile
Back to top Go down
LucasFTW

LucasFTW

UT points : 6006

PostSubject: Re: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Agreed. This is a brilliant idea.
Back to top Go down
Phase1-Skeith

Phase1-Skeith

UT points : 5792

PostSubject: Re: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:54 am

Evil wrote:
Or just edit how many threads you wanna see when you open the page Smile

Uhm... It's about the main page not about threads within the sub-forums.
I think you misunderstood something in here. Wink
Back to top Go down
Eresir

Eresir

UT points : 6026

PostSubject: Re: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:18 am

I like your suggestions but add PSP, PSN and XBLA
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7468

PostSubject: Re: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:04 am

I'd like to recall this tpic in light of recent events and how the forum progressed over the last few months. Recently a lot of people have left the forums usually due to the whining and immaturity that goes on in some areas. It is also widely noted on the forum and off that the Uuttitan forums has too many sub-sections, and having so much to go through leads to less activity in more deserving sections as well as unnecessary bulk and load time (for some).

In particular I note that the Video Game Discussion section is moot as all games are covered in the Other Games forums. Lso the Guess What section is already covered by random, and as noted in particular by recent past-members, too much whining and immaturity takes place due to the Had a Bad Day section. This in particular needs to be addressed; the internet is about getting away from real life for a break, but inviting people to bring their personal problems onto a place of people they don't know is asking for trouble, especially on a forum where the majority of the members are of average age 14, so a lot will take any chance they can get to whine about every insignificant suckish thing that happens to them (no disrespect to those who refrain from such activity). Especially in he alst few months flame wars have started there similar to the Good-bye Thread. Fact is if people have problems the place to discuss them is with family and friends, not on the internet where they can be exploited, so overall the section is largely inappropriate especially when you such bad advise as, "if your parents are giving out to all the time then they are bad parents and you should run away." (yes this was posted but subsequently deleted by mods).

So as a beginning to a forum clean up I call that these three forums as abolished and then maybe we can tighten the other areas up and start blending topics so that more areas of the forum become active.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
mike182a.c.

mike182a.c.

UT points : 7064

PostSubject: Re: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 am

to add to what greene said the official uttitan pbr league is extremely inactive and imo not necessary

the brawl and mkw sections arent so active and can probably be made into one discussion or deleted for the game discussion we already have

the card discussion can be merged into one discussion as well

i think the "other game system" section can also be merged into one game section with the rest

the strategies and guides section has an "other" topic with all of 5 topics in it i think that can go away as well

clan search doesnt seem important wit the clan recruitment and the clan arena is fairly unimportant since the recruitment thread seems to take its place

thats really all the input i have on that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UT Forums ~ Clean Up   UT Forums ~ Clean Up Empty

Back to top Go down

UT Forums ~ Clean Up
Page 1 of 1