Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Bibarel!

Go down 
+3
Shnoogle
ARandomBoy
Ludicolul
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ludicolul

Ludicolul

UT points : 5482

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:34 pm

Bibarel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Simple
EVs: 210 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SP.DEF
Careful Nature (+SP.Def, -SAtk)
- Amnesia
- Curse
- Return / Super Fang
- Waterfall

The plan is to set up 1 amnesia and 1 or 3 curses. Then tank it up. And to start sweeping. I cant decide between Return and Super Fang (i would pick quick attack but i dont want to get new ivs just to get 1 egg move). I need help deciding if this is gonna fail or if this is gonna be good (anything i can change etc.)
any comments welcome
k thanx
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5651

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Do happen to have reasoning for the EVs, and to a lesser extent, nature? The EVs seem a bit random and scrambled, so if you have an explanation, that would be nice. Razz

Double set-up sets are always a bit gimmicky, so be careful if you use it. And I definitely recommend Return over Super Fang in the third slot. After a few or possibly even one Curse, Return will do much more.
Back to top Go down
Ludicolul

Ludicolul

UT points : 5482

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:44 pm

i couldnt decide on the ev's it was meant to be a mix wall and an atker so i wanted to even that out so i put 100 in def atk and sp.def and then since its a bulky atker i put the rest in hp.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7717

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:49 pm

along with what randomboy said, it may be helpful to have a couple of screens up when you try to set this up. The reason being is that before this thing gets any kind of boosts through its own moves, any attack that is STABed is going to be doing around half to this guy. So if you can half that damage with screens and then half it (or 4th it with amnesia if it is a special move)
again with curse that would be excellent Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5992

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:52 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:
Do happen to have reasoning for the EVs, and to a lesser extent, nature? The EVs seem a bit random and scrambled, so if you have an explanation, that would be nice. Razz

Double set-up sets are always a bit gimmicky, so be careful if you use it. And I definitely recommend Return over Super Fang in the third slot. After a few or possibly even one Curse, Return will do much more.
Well, with the Simple ability, if he uses Amnesia on the first turn, He should be able to take plenty of hits to set up more Amnesias and Curses.

Go with Return over Quick attack. But, since halving the foe's HP is a wonderful thing, you could go with Super Fang, but with the boosts from Amnesia and Curse, you probably won't need it.
And the EVs are a little random. Your going to be upping your stats greatly anyways, so just give it max HP and put some in attack and some defense.
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7485

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:

You'd think that Bibarel could get Stockpile with that big mouth of his.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:09 pm

Greene wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:

You'd think that Bibarel could get Stockpile with that big mouth of his.

I would love Stockpile Bibarel. That would be AWESOME. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14546
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Ironically, only a 'Simple' pokemon could get the 6 stages from stockpile =/, since it only goes up to 3 and Simple doubles it.

Also, have you considered a Baton Passer instead of risking the set up with Bibarel?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Pk Trainer Kanrik wrote:
Ironically, only a 'Simple' pokemon could get the 6 stages from stockpile =/, since it only goes up to 3 and Simple doubles it.

Exactly! It would be no different than Cosmic Power! Smile (Except Cosmic Power has a pro animation, whereas Stockpile does not.. Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6093

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:01 am

I have a similar bibarel and if you really want him to do well try it in doubles play along with a follow me user for a few chances to get your defenses up. Then use stat boosting moves on the rest of your team to have a great supporting tank. If kept in singles screen support will do you wonders. And I would actually go with quick attack over return since if you get only 3 curses that's equivalent to 3 swords dances or a belly drum, being terrifyingly strong and the priority will nullify the speed loss. I would also suggest fixing the EV's to meet a real goal; probably moving some attack EV's to defenses would do you good since it's really defenses over attack at the beginning of his portion of the battle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RM Bibarel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Bibarel!   RM Bibarel! Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Bibarel!
Page 1 of 1