Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate my old Region Wars team

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5895

Rate my old Region Wars team Empty
PostSubject: Rate my old Region Wars team   Rate my old Region Wars team EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:26 pm

A while back, I was on region wars but never got to test the team out because I was lazy as all heck and didn't know about shoddy. But now I've finished the team and tested it on shoddy to great effect. Since this is a Kanto-only team, I have a huuuuuge psychic weakness (as there were no dark/steel types back then) and problems with Mismagius and frosslass (as I simply lack any priority move outside sucker punch and also lack taunt).

So here's the team.

Jolly Hitmonlee@Salac Berry - Bruce Lee
252 Atk / 252 Sp / 6 HP
-Rapid Spin
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch
-Substitute

So this is my lead. He fares pretty well because he's usually able to CC/sub on the turn most leads set up SR, and then rapid spin away their rocks as a last move. This guy has huge problems with mismagius and Frosslass because they just use him as setup bait for CM/NP/Spikes.

Modest Venusaur@Wide Lens - Palm Tree
252 Spa / 252 HP / 6 Sp
-Sleep Powder
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge bomb
-Leech Seed

Standard Venusaur (moves wise) with weird ev's and item. I chose them because I didn't want the set to focus around sleep powder (which still misses often even with the wide lens) and wanted it instead to focus around Leaf Storm. The attack does soooo much to everything; venusaur acts a little like a sceptile with survivabilaty. Speaking of sceptile, the thing is so predictable that I always switch venusaur into it. It leaf storms almost 100% of the time and has to switch due to the attack drop... giving me time to pull off sludge bomb (which OHKO's sceptile in case it HP fires or dragon pulses) or leech seed/sleep the switchin. I used to stay away from sleep, but with honchkrow out of the picture... Lastly the item is so that leaf storm and sleep powder never miss (well 1%) and sleep powder hits more often. That and I was trying to observe the item clause with this team (even though it's not required on shoddy). He is also my retarded Raikou counter who works only if it doesn't have substitute or HP Ice. Raikou just rips through this team if it gets a sub up and there's SR up.

Bold Slowbro@Leftovers - Shelly
252 Def / 252 HP / 6 Spa
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Psychic
-Slack Off

This guy is just a set up beast. If anybody is stupid enough (VERY STUPID) not to toxic this thing on the switch in, it will have a good load of fun sweeping the team after a few CM's (usually milotic tries to toxic it (and is the most common switch in) and I switch venusaur in for a free turn more or less; they fail to 2HKO with Ice beam I believe). Also I use this to find pikachus who often try to encore CM... letting me switch into a faster poke (hitmonlee) to kill it. This guy does have trouble with encore from other pokes (especially unexpected ones) and HATES being tricked anything.

Jolly Golem@Focus Sash - Roll
252 Sp / 252 Atk / 6 HP
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock

While it may seem really random, basically this is just a RP sweeper. And raikou counter. I used to use a rapidash here but since raikou would just annihalate me here I got this guy instead to set up and OHKO. This guy has huge problems with SR so I susually try to set him up with leech seed if there is SR. Anyways this guy is used to revenge kill raikou; that's about it.

Bold Weezing@Black Sludge - L.A.
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spa
-Will-o-wisp
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Pain Split

Standard weezing. Not much to say here. Doesn't particularly like gallade with an SD up, especially if it crits with psycho cut.

Calm Clefable@Toxic Orb - Gibby (if anybody understands the nickname, tell me lol)
252 SpD / 252 HP / 6 Spa
-Ice Beam
-Reflect
-Thunder Wave
-Wish

This guy has saved my so much on my team it's not even funny. Anyways he acts as a wishpasser and also spreads paralysis and sets up reflect to up his meh defense. The best part though is when this guy gets tricked a choice specs and I sweep with ice beam while the opponent is poisoned... lol

So these are the threats to my team:

Mismagius: Can't touch it while it's CMing up unless it's paralyzed or otherwise statused
Frosslass: Can't predict it well enough; can't kill it with Golem if it gets even one layer of spikes up
Raikou: Ugh this thing just sweeps my team to hell; I can never do anything against it if it's not leech seeded or statused.
Alakazam: Annoys the everloving crap out of me. What happens to it depends almost entirely on what it does when I sucker punch it with hitmonlee. If it tricks, it screws me over. If it attacks and has a sash I have to waste hitmonlee and get venusuar to very low health (who oddly survives most psychichs). If I'm lucky it has no sash and is specs'd and then it's not much of a threat when sucker punch OHKO's.
Gallade: If i'm unlucky it gets up a SD and then gits a crit on slowbro with leaf blade or night slash (which both fail to 2HKO)... after which it proceeds to sweep my team
Opposing venusaur: when I don't have toxic up on clefable or it is dead
Cresselia: Acts like raikou; if I have leech seed on it, I can wall it somewhat but I'm dead if it gets one Charge Beam/CM boost more or less

So that's my team in a nutshell. Please feel free to add suggestions. Oh and looking this team over I found that I don't have a single poke that has a non-252/252 spread... lol

Last edited by Gastrotress on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5997

PostSubject: Re: Rate my old Region Wars team   Rate my old Region Wars team EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 6:34 pm

What are their natures?
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5895

PostSubject: Re: Rate my old Region Wars team   Rate my old Region Wars team EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 pm

oh sorry I'll fix that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate my old Region Wars team   Rate my old Region Wars team Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate my old Region Wars team
Page 1 of 1