Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate My VGC Team

Go down 
+2
derock542
CBurninHot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CBurninHot

UT points : 5289

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi,m I'm Cburninhot. I'm new to the forum. I need help with my team for the VGC 2010. Here it is.

The VGC battles are similar to PBR double battles. There are restrictions, but if an unbanned pokemon does it's job better, I'm open to change it. I haven't actually caught and trained the pokemon. By the way, my cities tournament is on May 29th. Now, to stop stalling. Heres the team.

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Relaxed / Levitate
252 HP, 152 Atk, 8 Dfnc, 96 SpD
Trick Room
Explosion
Earthquake
Reflect

This is the essential component to this team. Set up Trick Room, Explode or Reflect to protect Shuckle from dyeing. At all costs set up Trick Room. Without it this team dies a terrible failure. It is a possibility to just switch out, but thats a low possibility it an enemy can beat zong AND take an Explosion.

Shuckle @ Focus Sash
Brave / Sturdy
252 HP, 58 Atk, 200SpD
Power Trick
Stone Edge/Gyro Ball (Tell me Which!)
Earthquake
Protect
This is the team’s most powerful sweeper. After using Trick Room with Bronzong the sweep begins. With Shuckle’s poor defenses after Power Trick the Focus Sash is essential protection again any priority move such as Bullet Punch, or Aqua Jet. Hopefully a Reflect will have been set up by Zong. Explosion is helpful for any Pokémon such as Scizor that might hurt Shuckle while it protects.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Quiet / Inner Focus
200 SpD, 112 Atk, 198 SpA
Superpower
Draco Meteor
ThunderBolt
Extremespeed
This is a standard Mix Dragonite with a few modifications to the EV’s and Nature to lower the speed for the Trick Room. This is one of the only categories Dragonite is better than Salamence in. Its low base speed is a great asset and versatile move set allows it to be a great Mix Sweeper in Trick Room.

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Adamant / Technician
252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Dfnc
Bullet Punch
Super Power
U-Turn
Bug Bite
Does this need much of an explanation? Just deal damage, hit hard, and hurt as much Pokémon as possible. With Occa Berry, any fire attack will still have a hard time taking it down.

Octillery @ Expert Belt
Sniper / Quiet
252 SpA, 252 HP, 4 Dfnc
Water Spout
Energy Ball
Ice Beam
Surf

With Octillery’s vast move pool and great attacking stats it is a powerful force in Trick Room. Any move that isn’t resisted has a high chance to OHKO easily. It’s slow speed and –speed nature makes it an amazing choice for this team.

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Serene Grace / Relaxed
252 HP, 148 Dfnc, 110 SpD
Follow Me
Helping Hand
Aura Sphere
Roost
Without saying, without this Togekiss this team crumbles. Once Zong has gotten Trick Room up it should be switched for Togekiss while Shuckle uses Protect. Once it is in, it can use Follow Me to prevent too much damage to Shuckle, while it executes a sweep. If Shuckle gets taken down, then my other Pokémon (usually Octillery) comes in to deal solid damage while Togekiss keeps it from getting taken down.
Back to top Go down
derock542

derock542

UT points : 6262

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:59 pm

I feel that Togekiss is WAY too fast for a trickroom team. I also think that you might want to divide your EV's in Scizor's defences equally because you never know weather the opponent will be mixed. Besides that though, I feel like this is a good team. It seems like you know what you're doing. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/derock927
CBurninHot

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Well, Togekiss isn't too fast without EV's and a hindering nature. And could you specify what EV's for Scizor are needed?
Back to top Go down
derock542

derock542

UT points : 6262

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:10 pm

CBurninHot wrote:
Well, Togekiss isn't too fast without EV's and a hindering nature. And could you specify what EV's for Scizor are needed?
Well for the EV's on Scizor, maybe something like 252 Att/126 Def/126 Sp Def/6 HP Therefore you have some bulkiness to either being attacked physically or specially.

Also with Togekiss, I spoke to soon. I didn't realize Togekiss only had a base speed of 80. But when compared to Shuckle's 5 base speed, Bronzong's 33 base speed, and Scizor's 65 base speed, that's considered pretty speedy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/derock927
boris5000

boris5000

UT points : 6208

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:04 pm

It seems alright, If you are capable I'm sure you can get into the top 32 (how many are participating)

OT: Don't I know you from somewhere :3
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5989

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:01 pm

i would recommend swapping out octillery and dragonite for kyogre and palkia since you are allowed two Ubers and sice basically everyone else will be using them why not u too? Also, pick gyro ball since you'll be getting the full 150 base power on just about evrything not steel type and earthquake deals nicely with those. what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14538
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:15 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
i would recommend swapping out octillery and dragonite for kyogre and palkia since you are allowed two Ubers and sice basically everyone else will be using them why not u too? Also, pick gyro ball since you'll be getting the full 150 base power on just about evrything not steel type and earthquake deals nicely with those. what do you think?
Kyogre and Palkia aren't trick roomers.
If anything, He'd want Groudon and something else... sadly most ubers wont work too well in TR, and even if he did go against them they aren't that hard to beat
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
CBurninHot

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:52 pm

True, the lowest Uber speed, excluding Wynaut and Wobbufet, is 90. Thats pretty fast for trick room. I'm not sure who or why I'd switch an Uber for some of these, excluding Scizor.
Back to top Go down
iEaturCake

UT points : 5278

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:35 pm

you should have more than 1 pokemon to get off the TR or you're screwed after 5 turns(I'd replace D-nite). also you might want occa berry>lum berry in case someone tries using eruption or something first turn.
I've never tried using shuckle, but I don't like your shuckle. The thing is if the opponent has a priority, they'll use it first turn. then your focus sash is gone.
I think you should try this (on shoddy/regular wifi just to test it):
Shuckle @ Sitrus berry
Brave/Gluttony
Subsitute
Power Trick
Earthquake
Gyro Ball/ Stone Edge/Rock Slide
So you subsitute while bronzong uses its TR. then you power trick/ Gluttony means if you get down to 50%you get an early 25%, pretty much an extra subsitute. EQ for everything, and then you can have either 1:Gyro ball (though you're then destroyed by skarmory/rotom/slow fliers), 2. stone edge (probably better for coverage and STAB) or 3. rock slide(if you prefer accuracy> power).
---------------
Use either porygon 2 or claydol for your second trickroomer. Btw, are the VGC's recorded?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iEaturCake
CBurninHot

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:59 pm

I like the Sub-Shuckle idea. It looks good, but I'm not sure how to test in in Wifi and Shoddy. By the way, it wil be hard to have another trick roomer without being completely screwed.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5989

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm

why not relaxed over brave? you lower your speed as well and when you power trick your attack will be 614. you don't need more defense when you power trick because your defense will be so low that one hit will most likely kill you.
Back to top Go down
CBurninHot

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Thats a good idea... I'm screwed anyway, why not improve on it. I rethunk the Sitrus Sub Shuckle, and it wo't work with Explosion Zong. I'm also thinking of the perfect partner pokemon for Shuckle in battle, like the MamoApe or CeleTran combos. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rate My VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate My VGC Team   Rate My VGC Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate My VGC Team
Page 1 of 1